MI - Feds say inmates run international drug ring out of U.P. prison

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Inmates run international drug ring out of U.P. prison, feds say

Inmates are running an international drug ring out of an Upper Peninsula prison, selling crystal methamphetamine, heroin and cocaine supplied by deported ex-cons in Mexico, according to federal court records.

A federal search warrant affidavit outlines a years-long investigation, identifies the accused drug kingpins and reveals ties to Mexico, where former inmates paroled by the Michigan Department of Corrections are allegedly coordinating large-scale drug shipments to locations including Alger Correctional Facility in Munising.

State corrections officers searched the prison in late May and found a virtual drugstore inside the cell of inmate Dontay McMann, 40, who federal agents say deals drugs alongside fellow inmate Juan Mejia...

What a joke. How on earth were they able to get a " virtual drug store" i to the jail. All the staff need looking i to.

What a joke. How on earth were they able to get a " virtual drug store" into the jail. All the staff need looking into. MOo

What a joke. How on earth were they able to get a " virtual drug store" into the jail. All the staff need looking into. MOo

Strange usage of the term, lol. To me it reads like the prison offers competitive internet-based pharmacy with direct shipment from Mexico.

virtual drugstore - New Drug Database

“Virtual drugstore - new drug database. Keeping you and your health one step ahead”.

There had to be an awful lot of looking the other way going on there. Like from the top on down. And lots of cash. Lots of corruption, lots of cash. Wow.

Totally off topic, but I grew up in SE MI, and one of my unrequited high school crushes is now a prison guard in the UP, but I don't think it's this one. I dodged a bullet with that being unrequited, boy. Anyway, I'm going to have to check now. Wouldn't that be something?

it has another meaning:

'almost or nearly as described, but not completely or according to strict definition.'

virtual - بحث Google

I know. I think that in this case, the synonym would be "basically", or "essentially".

"State corrections officers searched the prison in late May and found, essentially, a drugstore inside the cell of inmate Dontay McMann".

But because "virtual drugstore" exists, and people sometimes manage to buy illegal drugs there (and very legal, too, but at cheaper prices), it is very funny to read.

ETA: Am I right in thinking that the correct way would be "virtually", not "virtual"? "It was virtually, a drugstore", as opposed to "virtual drugstore".

There had to be an awful lot of looking the other way going on there. Like from the top on down. And lots of cash. Lots of corruption, lots of cash. Wow.

Totally off topic, but I grew up in SE MI, and one of my unrequited high school crushes is now a prison guard in the UP, but I don't think it's this one. I dodged a bullet with that being unrequited, boy. Anyway, I'm going to have to check now. Wouldn't that be something?

MI has a lot of contraband. I suspect the routes were developed during the Prohibition, via the Detroit river and the Great Lakes. The history starts with the Prohibition hitting MI in 1918, two years earlier than the rest of the country. Ford did not want his workers to be drunk, so he pushed for it. By the time it hit the rest of the country, the whole system, the Purple Gang, the distilleries in Canada and the routes, was in action.

The routes are, probably, still used.

I know. I think that in this case, the synonym would be "basically", or "essentially".

"State corrections officers searched the prison in late May and found, essentially, a drugstore inside the cell of inmate Dontay McMann".

But because "virtual drugstore" exists, and people sometimes manage to buy illegal drugs there (and very legal, too, but at cheaper prices), it is very funny to read.

ETA: Am I right in thinking that the correct way would be "virtually", not "virtual"? "It was virtually, a drugstore", as opposed to "virtual drugstore".

I get what you're saying
I think virtually is an adverb and virtual is or can be an adjective

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd