Identified! MI - Ingham Co., Remains found in Container in Grand River, Aug'17 - Leon Lockwood

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Gardener1850, Aug 12, 2017.

1. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Well-Known Member

I immediately thought of Terry Rasmussen, AKA "Bob Evans" et al.

Nothing so far on whether these remains are male or female, but we are still looking for the missing mother of the middle child found in the barrels in NH. From memory, there is a possibility from the isotopes that that child may have spent time in this general area.

Not to mention the missing Denise Beaudin.

2. Bit of hope

Bit of hope I'm sorry WS friends, need to slow down a little

If I was alert....there is one video with a lady talking about the case/finding with on the back ground something that looks like a container....it's a gray thing...somewhere I posted that they said it was kind of heavy, makes me think it was a metal container...just speculations!

3. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Oh, is that the container? I thought it was just a piece of rubbish. Let me see if I can get a screen shot...

eta: not finding anything with the container in it. All the reports are from the next day; it doesn't appear that any of the news crews were there when the container was removed? If anybody has a pointer, please remind me.

Some interesting stuff in these reports, however:

http://wlns.com/2017/08/12/breaking-body-parts-found-in-grand-river/
    http://www.wilx.com/content/news/UPDATE--440407153.html

4. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

The container would, also, fill with a gas that would make it likely to pop up if not weighted down or had holes made throughout so it would sink.

5. carbuff

Wouldn't that only happen if the container were completely airtight? Water would seep in and air/gas would seep out. And quite likely the water would seep in faster than decomposition would set in.

DogRescuer likes this.
  6. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

7. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

The bones have been identified.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/09/bones_found_in_grand_river_are.html

8. carbuff

This is a weird case:

"The finding represents the third time someone has located part of Lockwood’s body in an area waterway.

Lockwood, a then-28-year-old Charlotte resident, was reported missing in March 2005.
    The investigation into Lockwood's death remains open, said Greg Harris, a lieutenant with the Ingham County Sheriff's Office. He said it's not clear whether all of Lockwood's bones have been recovered." http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...ce-id-body-parts-found-grand-river/712732001/

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Pennysmom1 likes this.
  9. Bethan

Bethan Well-Known Member

Presumably someone can say whether or not all the bones have been recovered!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Bit of hope

Bit of hope I'm sorry WS friends, need to slow down a little

Yes, I hope so too....

Lockwood's jawbone and skull were found along the Grand River in 2006, while other body parts belonging to him were found in the Red Cedar River near Webberville in 2005, the AP said.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/09/bones_found_in_grand_river_are.html

11. Pennysmom1

Pennysmom1 Well-Known Member

Human remains found in Grand River identified

I don't think this article had been posted. I found this information interesting:
    Leon Lockwood was the son of Jim Cash, a MSU professor and popular Hollywood screenwriter, famous for box office hits like "Top Gun" and "The Secret of My Success." Cash died in March of 2000

Owl4, anonymess, FireOwl9 and 2 others like this.