MI MI - Ingram Davis, 34, Lyft driver, sent strange texts, Detroit, 11 Jun 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Jul 8, 2020.

1. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

FOX 2 - The search continues for a Lyft driver who left for work three weeks ago - and never returned home.

Ingram Davis' sister Brittany Aisuebeogun and mother Sylvia Anderson are worried sick. They say the 34-year-old Lyft driver left to pick up a rider on June 11 and no one has seen him since.

More at Family of missing Lyft driver worried after cryptic texts, disappearance of 3 weeks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sylvia Anderson says she’s done more detective work than Detroit Police. And she’s very worried about her missing adult son.

Last night she says she called his cellphone number and a strange man named Steve answered. She says he told her he bought the phone in Ypsilanti 9 days ago then ghosted her.

More at Family of missing man says Detroit police are not taking case seriously with plenty of leads

This is odd! Hopefully Ingram is somewhere safe. The stated bible verse reads: "From that day Saul kept David with him and did not let him return home to his family."

2. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

Perhaps Ingram was trying to say that he was kidnapped? But if that's the case, why would he have his phone with him?

3. wnk

wnk Well-Known Member

This is definitely a strange one.

In addition to 1 Samuel 18:2 -- "From that day Saul kept David with him and did not let him return home to his family" -- the other Bible passage (given in response to his sister asking to verify it was him by telling her his middle name) was Ecclesiastes 3:7, which his mother misquoted as "A time to rip apart, a time to tear apart, a time to be quiet and a time to be silent." The passage actually is "A time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak." (Her quote essentially repeats the first phrase of each line, whereas the Scripture actually contrasts two opposites in each line). I'm thinking she probably just misspoke in the interview, but it does take on a different meaning/tone that way.

Though the Ecclesiastes passage is less obscure than the 1 Samuel one, neither are necessarily verses that many people would know off the top of their heads.

MOO

4. azure

azure Well-Known Member

When did his phone last respond to texts? Didn't see it in the article but may have missed it.

5. Tattarattat

Tattarattat Well-Known Member

Hoping desperately for Ingram’s safe return. This is odd on top of concerning. Anyone suppose the scriptures could have been from a kidnapper versus Ingram?

SIABB1, momsof3, dotr and 5 others like this.
  6. wnk

wnk Well-Known Member

The way I figure, there's only so many possibilities:

A) Ingram sent the cryptic texts and meant them to be taken seriously as a clue to his whereabouts

B) Ingram sent the texts without necessarily meaning for them to be taken seriously (not in his right mind? some sort of joke/prank? as a red herring to distract people so he could 'disappear'?)

C) Someone else with his phone sent the texts as an acknowledgment/confession of foul play -- but then why the "Dodge Journey" message that preceded each scripture? A kidnapper certainly wouldn't tell their victim's family about their own vehicle, would they? Then again, why would a kidnapper acknowledge they'd taken him at all if they weren't asking for a ransom?

D) Someone else with his phone sent the texts without meaning for them to be taken seriously (again, someone not in their right mind? playing some sort of joke? trying to scare them or distract from something else going on?)

Anything I missed?

-MOO-

7. shannah89

shannah89 Member

Any word on whether they found the car or not?

8. alienorganz

alienorganz New Member

I can't imagine the bible versus and "dodge journey" texts were random. As someone with bipolar, even if he had a break in reality, they would have had some sort of inkling. Not surprised DPD isn't looking into it as they have a history of neglect. They need to get a warrant out and find out who he went to pick up

9. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

A month ago?? Did he usually buy things with credit and have any cards been used? Did lyft say where his last route was and if he was working that day? And if the customer was interviewed? Have pings been done? This is weird for a month later its just being talked about.

10. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

ooooops, DBM...
    Adding: Where is Ingram?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  11. kimmie0313

kimmie0313 Active Member

This is certainly strange!! Have his credit cards been used? Car found yet?

12. cisabella28

cisabella28 Well-Known Member

Per this article: Family of missing Lyft driver worried after cryptic texts, disappearance of 3 weeks “And when his mother contacted Lyft to find out who was Ingram's last customer and Detroit police to file a missing person's report - she claims this was the response: ‘Lyft's response to me, without a search warrant they won't do anything and police's response, the detective told me without a body they won't do anything,’ his mother said. ‘He said you received a couple of crazy text messages, that really doesn't mean anything. He could have walked away.’”

IMO it’s so strange that they won’t even look into the last person he picked up even if they don’t suspect foul play. This is honestly one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen in a case. Is there any way to get into his Lyft account to see without going through Lyft itself? Like somehow his family could access his account on their own if they somehow figured out the username?

13. Acorunadepor

Acorunadepor ''There is fire where you are going."

I am more worried about whom he is dodging from at the moment. (And the fact that the recipient of the text understood the context.)

He drove west, sold his phone just outside of Ann Arbor, and continued his journey presumably. This must be a serious dodge. Whatever it is I hope he has a safe place to stay.

bluenoser, dotr, charminglane and 8 others like this.
  14. kelsie

kelsie Well-Known Member

Bumping for Ingram

15. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

DBM...
    Where are you Ingram???

16. kimmie0313

kimmie0313 Active Member

I had not realized that he had sold his phone. This changes my thoughts on things then.

17. azure

azure Well-Known Member

I'm curious where @Acorunadepor found this info. Just because someone allegedly bought the phone doesn't mean Ingram was the one to sell it.

18. asmi106082

asmi106082 Well-Known Member

And just cuz the guy said he bought it doesn’t mean he didn’t steal it from the victim after harming him. JMO.

ETA I hope I’m wrong.

19. SnoopingPacNw

SnoopingPacNw Member

Where did you hear this? I can't find that information anywhere. In fact, his phone sent texts to his family. I don't think he sent them, his family said he's not religious.

bluenoser, legalmomma, dotr and 2 others like this.
  20. SnoopingPacNw

SnoopingPacNw Member

The same text was being sent over and over to his family. I took the "understood " comment to mean his cousin understood that it was NOT Ingram texting.