Missing pregnant Shannon Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

MI MI - Jasmine Moody, 18, Detroit, 4 December 2014

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by los2188, Dec 10, 2014.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Jasmine Moody
    [​IMG]

Police: Texas student missing since visit to Detroit
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/police-texas-student-missing-since-visit-to-detroit/30157360

2. PlainJaneDoe

PlainJaneDoe Verified expert in neuroscience

3. ninij9

ninij9 Well-Known Member

Is the friend she was visiting male? Was this a safe area? Did she have a car? Was it found? Why do so many college students go missing lately? Where are you Jasmine?

4. cebee

cebee New Member

Not sure how to alert the mods.. can you change this to DETROIT? There is a Baldwin MI but she is missing from Baldwin St in DETROIT. Might make a difference.
    Does she have a car? Or was she on foot? Where was she going? There is so little info I am suspecting the police are skeptical of the story, or have a pretty good idea what happened...

5. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

6. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

bad feeling...

7. cebee

cebee New Member

Still nothing???

8. Jan

Jan New Member

Police said the friend she was visiting was female, that she had stayed there nearly 2 weeks, and that the friend and friend's mother refused to talk to the reporter. This was on the TV news report.

9. hibiscus31

hibiscus31 New Member

10. hibiscus31

hibiscus31 New Member

http://www.fox5storm.com/story/2761...earch-for-missing-texas-student-jasmine-moody

Sounds ominous based on the fight that took place beforehand. It sounds like she and the girl she was visiting were possibly in some sort of relationship, and then got into an argument.

"The night before she is going to leave, her and my daughter got into an argument," Sonia said.

A feud, this mother says, over Facebook.

"My daughter was like, 'Who have you been on Facebook with, since you're not doing what you're supposed to,'" Sonia said. " But Jasmine said no, you can't touch my laptop, so (Brittany said) you must be hiding something."

Sonia says Brittany stormed out of the house to blow off some steam and Jasmine soon followed behind with her belongings, as if she were going to leave.

"She ran out the door and my daughter just happened to still be out here," Sonia said. "So she grabbed her clothes from her and she said where are you going, you're not from here.

"It was bad, it was late at night."

FOX 2 was told told Brittany then went back inside.

"But when she came back out, (Jasmine) was gone," Sonia said. "We haven't seen her since."

That was Dec. 4, the last time they say, they saw Jasmine.

11. SunsetGirl

SunsetGirl New Member

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/27644846/mother-of-missing-jasmine-moody-doesnt-buy-story-of-disappearance (article dated 12/16/2014)

12. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Well-Known Member

http://www.fox5storm.com/story/27619467/detroit-police-search-for-missing-texas-student-jasmine-moody

Where is Jasmine Moody? Detroit police working feverishly to figure that out, searching a home on Baldwin Friday, looking for any evidence, any clues.

Sources say several items including phones and computers were taken from this house to be examined. Michigan State Police also there conducting an investigation of their own.

Hmmm.... wonder who's house this is? One of Brittany's friends since Jasmine doesn't really know anyone much in Detroit?

13. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

man, I hope she is safe too, but am doubtful after this long. This is horrible and another one of those cases where there is not enough coverage or interest IMO. Young black women just don't get the same coverage grumble grumble... Add in the fact that this woman is probably a lesbian and there's even less coverage.

I hope that you are finding your way back to Texas, Jasmine... but I think we all have a bad feeling.

But also, that article has, so, many, unnecessary, commas - sheesh.

14. razzledazzle

Quoting my own post... sorry.... maybe the bold is referring to Brittany's house, which is on Baldwin St... just seems like the reporter would be more specific if it were the house Jasmine were visiting... Idk.... Bad feeling.

15. razzledazzle

BBM:

You got that right!!

16. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

I'm having a bit of trouble sorting out who said and did what, so I've replaced all the words "she" with a name. I hope that I have it correct. The altercation over facebook suggests a possibly abusive relationship. Who on earth monitors their friend's fb? I wonder where Jasmine's laptop is. From the mother's story, it sounds like it should still be in the home.

http://www.fox5storm.com/story/27619...-jasmine-moody

"The night before Jasmine is going to leave, Jasmine and Brittany got into an argument," Sonia said.

A feud, this mother says, over Facebook.

"Brittany was like, 'Who have you been on Facebook with, since you're not doing what you're supposed to,'" Sonia said. " But Jasmine said no, you can't touch my laptop, so (Brittany said) you must be hiding something."

Sonia says Brittany stormed out of the house to blow off some steam and Jasmine soon followed behind with Jasmine's belongings, as if Jasmine were going to leave.

"Jasmine ran out the door and Brittany just happened to still be out here," Sonia said. "So Brittany grabbed Jasmine's clothes from Jasmine and Brittany said where are you going, you're not from here.

"It was bad, it was late at night."

FOX 2 was told told Brittany then went back inside.

"But when Brittany came back out, Jasmine was gone," Sonia said. "We haven't seen Jasmine since."

That was Dec. 4, the last time they say, they saw Jasmine.

17. musicaljoke

So when was she last seen? At 7:30 pm, as in the missing announcement, or "late at night" according to Sonia?

18. razzledazzle

Good question. Sadly, I also think the relationship sounds abusive. JMO

BBM: I guess it's just "all, the, comma's" in this story - but until just now, I read the bolded as "you're not [going] from here" - in an angry voice.... as opposed to it meaning "you're not FROM here" [Detroit]...:thinking: MOO

19. musicaljoke

The young women have fb pages, but I haven't been able to find them ... I mean Jasmine's. Maybe a better sleuth would be more successful.

20. MIHeadlines

MIHeadlines Member

Jasmine Moody's parents flew into Detroit to speak with investigators. They appear to be pretty certain that their daughter met with foul play while in the D. Texas student has gone missing in Detroit (Updated). We have a video interview on that article from WXYZ.