MI MI - Jessica Haley-Rose Miller, 7, endangered, Lincoln Park, 1 Mar 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by BetteDavisEyes, Mar 15, 2021.

1. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

2. BetteDavisEyes

Dre, Flicka1, fcavanaugh and 7 others like this.
  3. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Isn't she cute?! Just getting started... Let her be okay.
    Hoping for the best, of course, and hoping that Jessica's health and welfare are very important to Jessica's mom. It sounds like this hope, however, might not be the first thing on mom's list.

Jessica is 7 y/o, so I would think that she knows her mom and that Jess will be alert if things start to go wrong. Does Jess have dependable caretaker/s somewhere -- and are they looking for her?
    Questions, fears, and hopes -- that's all we've got for now.
    Following.
    Thanks for the thread BDEyes.

Dre, Flicka1, fcavanaugh and 8 others like this.
  4. BetteDavisEyes

5. borndem

Hmmm -- Good question... Days upon days missing often paint a dangerous picture.
    Lincoln Park has a population of ~40,000, so it's not a little town with a very small LE number. It borders Detroit to the north.
    How was her missing status reported? A neighbor, relative, teacher? With whom does she live? <sigh> No one around to care or report it; did she often go missing. Hoping LE gets all over it.
    Is/Was she already a "thrown-away" child? Forgive me if that description is far, far away from her situation.
    It's just disturbing, IMO.

6. FruitSnack

FruitSnack Well-Known Member

The picture posted isn’t even a current pic. It’s from the 2019/2020 school year. So it was most likely taken fall of 2019.
    Hope your safe little one

7. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Family desperate to find endangered missing 7-year-old from Lincoln Park taken by mother (fox2detroit.com)
    [...]

Police say she may be on a white motorcycle or a white pickup truck.

Her father was too distraught to speak on-camera, and said Jessica could be out of state now. He does not know who the man with Jessica's mother was with, that left with them. The girl's grandmother is very concerned.

[...]

The girl was last seen approximately two weeks ago at her grandmother and father's house on Buckingham Avenue in Lincoln Park.

"The mother came in and Jessica was talking to her daddy, her mother took her out and that's the last I saw of her, I haven't seen her since," said her grandmother.

Police have now launched an investigation into the little girl's disappearance. Investigators say her mother Kimberlee Michelle Miller is schizophrenic and is known to abuse drugs.

Authorities believe Kimberlee is a danger to herself and to her daughter, Jessica. Child Protective Services has a court order to take custody of the little girl.

[...]

8. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

9. BetteDavisEyes

Girl, 7, missing since leaving with mother in Lincoln Park, police say (detroitnews.com)

Authorities issued an endangered missing advisory Monday for a 7-year-old Metro Detroit girl.

Jessica Haley-Rose Miller was last seen in the 1600 block of Buckingham in Lincoln Park with her mother, Kimberlee Michelle Miller, about two weeks ago, Michigan State Police said on Twitter.

"Kimberlee picked Jessica up at the Buckingham address and left on a motorcycle with an unknown male," the post said. "Kimberlee is known to be a drug abuser and suffers from schizophrenia. Kimberlee is believed to be a threat to herself and to her daughter Jessica."...

Why wasn't there an Amber Alert for this little girl? Why did authorities wait for two weeks before enlisting the public's help in locating the child? Jessica's mother and the man with whom she left could be just about anywhere by now. I hope and pray that this child is safe and will be found soon.

Dre, Flicka1, fcavanaugh and 10 others like this.
  10. borndem

Still hoping for a happy ending for both of them in spite of the number of days missing.
    Jessica should have a chance at a good, happy life with someone who loves her and will stand by her while she grows up.
    Prayers for the little girl lost, and for her poor lost mom, too.

11. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

To add to your questions - why no description of Jessica's mother? :confused: MOO

From the article:

Authorities did not provide a description of her mother, who is 38 years old.

Referencing for updates: MSP Metro Detroit on Twitter

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    Dre, Flicka1, fcavanaugh and 8 others like this.
  12. floridamomma

floridamomma Well-Known Member

OhMYgosh it's my personal nightmare. Please let this precious one be ok...I'm tucked away in a hotel room awaiting yet more medical tests in the morning and figured I'd check on the o&o brothers and saw this. I can tell I'll be watching this closely.

Edit...who had custody? Who let mom leave on a motorcycle with her kid and an unknown guy? I have so many questions...

13. iQuill

iQuill Well-Known Member

Checking in ... no update since Tuesday ... why ? Moo

14. tiffkinsadder

tiffkinsadder Well-Known Member

I'm suspicious.
    Hoping she's located safely.

Dre, Flicka1, fcavanaugh and 4 others like this.
  15. borndem

Praying for that little girl -- for her not to be scared, but alert; for her to try to get away to a safe place -- nearly anywhere would be okay, such as a grocery store, restaurant, burger joint, fire station, etc., since all she would need to do is get someone to call her folks at home. And to call LE for several reasons. SMH.
    Oh, that sweet little girl.
    Give her a chance to live a happy life with those who truly love her.

16. BetteDavisEyes

Pure speculation on my part, but given the mother's mental health and drug issues, Jessica probably lives with another family member or relative. Jessica and her mother went missing on a Monday, so I kind of thought that Mom had Jessica over the weekend and decided not to return her to family member following their weekend together. MOO

Why have there been no public pleas from family members, and why did it take two weeks to request the public's help in locating Jessica and her mother? Why no description or photo of the mother? Very peculiar case o_O

17. Flight154

Flight154 Well-Known Member

Praying this sweet little girl is found safe!

18. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Bumping for Jessica. Why hasn't LE provided any updates or at least made any more calls for help?!? Don't let Jessica be forgotten. We already have way too many children whose cases have gone cold. :(

Flicka1, Limecat, fcavanaugh and 6 others like this.
  19. Limecat

Limecat Lime + Cat = Limecat

I swear YaYa I’m at the point where most of the threads I’m following have gone cold! It’s like we’ve hit a wall all over the place. I know LE is always working behind the scenes and not informing the public, but there needs to be attention brought to these cases! MOO

Dre, Weeobanite, fcavanaugh and 6 others like this.
  20. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

ITA! My heart is filled with hope that the silence around this case is because they've either recovered Jessica and she is safe or LE has her in their sights and are staying quiet. However, if she's safe they should tell us. If neither of those, then where are the additional appeals for help from the public?!? :confused::(