MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked up LLL. Wow. Two things really hit me. The hair for one with the distinctive part in the middle. Mostly his address though. What has really bothered me this entire time is why the van went to Grand Haven road. The freeway was right there and seems much better for a quick get away out of town. Plus she would be less likely to jump out of a moving vehicle at 70 MPH. Grand Haven puts you at risk of being caught. Slower road. Stop signs or lights. Two way traffic. He went that way for a reason. I am sure LE has looked extensively at this guy. He seems almost too perfect. I just hope they find her alive and catch the creep that did this.

TAH's registered location is 5 minutes to the southeast of the gas station....

But the silver town and country he has access to is north...
He could take grand haven road to seaway, and seaway north will take you near to M-120, to his twin lake location

Deanna Falzone ‏@DeannaFalzone 1m
MSP still on scene in GH but so far haven't found anything related to #JessicaHeeringa case @FOX17

Dan Shaw
All I can say is we have not received any information indicating there was a struggle. Our two witnesses did not see a struggle. Our two witnesses did not see two men. So our witnesses saw a silver minivan and the man depicted in the sketch.

snipped

Question to Chief Shaw: How sure are you, that the van is a Town and Country? It sure looks like the Ford Winstar we used to own, right down to the tinted windows.

Dan Shaw
Our witness that observed the van has a relative with that exact make and model, so they are certain it is a Chrysler Town and Country minivan, seen in the videos traveling northbound on Grand Haven Road.

snipped

Question to Chief Shaw: Have any of the witnesses of the van been hypnotized to see the license plates. I know this would be helpful.

Dan Shaw
An offer has been made and we are trying to investigate if that would be helpful.

snipped

Dan Shaw
We are tracking down as many silver minivans as we can in the region, not just in Muskegon metro area. We are trying to talk to all the owners of those minivans. We, too, believe it's a person who frequents the gas station or knows Jessica in some other way.

snipped

Question to Chief Shaw: At what point in the investigation might volunteer search teams be organized?

Dan Shaw
When we have a more defined area to concentrate our resources. And we can't trespass on private property. We will organize searches and have personnel available to do so when the time comes. We will ask for volunteers when we get to that point. We appreciate the community's support. We've had a lot of support from the community.

snipped

Question to Chief Shaw: Is it true that Jessica told her boyfriend she would be home a little early that night?

Dan Shaw
I have not been advised of anything to that effect.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/...bd.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Maybe people have turned these guys in to LE. But LE would still need to find some evidence to connect them to the crime, they couldn't just take them into custody.

With his pictures....I can see he goes to very remote locations...Harbor Island probably the closest....Baldwin is about 1.5 hours north...

Taking pictures....no solid work schedule...

Obviously he travels alot more and takes alot more pictures than what is shown on that site...

How much do we know about his previous crime and jail/prison time?

If he has extensive knowledge of wildlife/secluded areas its possible he could have taken her quite a distance.
He seems like a very organized criminal to me on first glance, where as I think the perp in this crime is disorganized.

I can't stay to discuss this but wanted to get your opinion while youre here today.
jmo

Oh my gosh, I was at Harbor Island last weekend...it is kind of creepy, away from town, but there were a few other people there. I'm not super familiar with it, it's kind of an old industrial dock waterfront area that is slowly being turned into a park. Some sort of sand/gravel company is located there - they had big piles of gravel on the dock. This is the area that got quite a bit of attention last fall when old shipwrecks started to surface due to low water levels. There was some dredging in the harbor, and some sort of construction going on also.

In some states it's illegal to pump your own gas. :seeya:

IIRC... Oregon and New Jersey are the two states in the U.S. that have the policy that the station attendants must pump the gas...

JMO

How much do we know about his previous crime and jail/prison time?

If he has extensive knowledge of wildlife/secluded areas its possible he could have taken her quite a distance.
He seems like a very organized criminal to me on first glance, where as I think the perp in this crime is disorganized.

I can't stay to discuss this but wanted to get your opinion while youre here today.
jmo

This man went to prison for just over 8 years, on a conviction of assault with intent to commit sexual penetration....he's a tier 3 offender, and was confined from 1997-2005

Ken Kolker ‏@kenkolker 3m
Msp tracking dog wrapping up search of harbor island after what they call vague tip in Jessica Heeringa case. Found no clues

I do not believe this is him. Someone linked his photography below...fine art something or other. Pictures look more local to the area, and picture of him with camera in front of his face looks like a match to me.

I was unable to open that link.....block came up saying "improper elements", so I did a search of my own. The photography that I linked appeared to be on the west coast, but I just wanted to make sure. ;)

With his pictures....I can see he goes to very remote locations...Harbor Island probably the closest....Baldwin is about 1.5 hours north...

Taking pictures....no solid work schedule...

Obviously he travels alot more and takes alot more pictures than what is shown on that site...

OTHER kinds of pics... That is what I was thinking too...

:no:

For those unfamiliar with the area, Grand Haven is just south of Norton Shores on US31. Harbor Island is really just a tiny little plot of land that is sort of surrounded by water, not a true island. There is a soccer field on it and a power plant. You can access it from 2 locations, I believe. One is directily off US31 and the other is off a side road called Jackson, just West of US31 and just as you cross the drawbridge. You can see the island from the bridge.

This location would fit our RSO LLL, since he has family there and was once from Grand Haven. Also, it is very close to Spring Lake where the RSO that one of our members called a tip in on lives. She spotted him in the Holton area, but he is registered in Spring Lake.

ETA LLL and/or his RSO brother also listed Portabello as his place of employment. One of them has it listed as current place of employment on the sex offender registry while the other has it listed as former place of employment on his FB. Portabello is in Grand Haven, and maybe half a mile, tops, away from Harbor Island.

Thank you for the local info it is very helpful.

Dan Shaw
All I can say is we have not received any information indicating there was a struggle. Our two witnesses did not see a struggle. Our two witnesses did not see two men. So our witnesses saw a silver minivan and the man depicted in the sketch.

snipped

Question to Chief Shaw: How sure are you, that the van is a Town and Country? It sure looks like the Ford Winstar we used to own, right down to the tinted windows.

Dan Shaw
Our witness that observed the van has a relative with that exact make and model, so they are certain it is a Chrysler Town and Country minivan, seen in the videos traveling northbound on Grand Haven Road.

snipped

Question to Chief Shaw: Have any of the witnesses of the van been hypnotized to see the license plates. I know this would be helpful.

Dan Shaw
An offer has been made and we are trying to investigate if that would be helpful.

snipped

Dan Shaw
We are tracking down as many silver minivans as we can in the region, not just in Muskegon metro area. We are trying to talk to all the owners of those minivans. We, too, believe it's a person who frequents the gas station or knows Jessica in some other way.

snipped

Question to Chief Shaw: At what point in the investigation might volunteer search teams be organized?

Dan Shaw
When we have a more defined area to concentrate our resources. And we can't trespass on private property. We will organize searches and have personnel available to do so when the time comes. We will ask for volunteers when we get to that point. We appreciate the community's support. We've had a lot of support from the community.

snipped

Question to Chief Shaw: Is it true that Jessica told her boyfriend she would be home a little early that night?

Dan Shaw
I have not been advised of anything to that effect.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/...bd.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I am puzzled by the question to Chief Shaw asking:

"Is it true that Jessica told her boyfriend she would be home a little early that night?"

He replies he has not been advised of anything to that effect...

:waitasec:

Oh my gosh, I was at Harbor Island last weekend...it is kind of creepy, away from town, but there were a few other people there. I'm not super familiar with it, it's kind of an old industrial dock waterfront area that is slowly being turned into a park. Some sort of sand/gravel company is located there - they had big piles of gravel on the dock. This is the area that got quite a bit of attention last fall when old shipwrecks started to surface due to low water levels. There was some dredging in the harbor, and some sort of construction going on also.

this has me very concerned. I think sand mining is part of this somehow.
and is it possible the perp took her to a location on the other side of Lake Michigan from Harbor Island? either he has a boat or stole/borrowed one? I wonder if any boats were reported missing/moved/damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave