MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey sure its possible!
But we DO NOT know if she cashed her paycheck.
This could be a CLUE!

I would not cash my pay check for 400 dollars. (it wouldn't be an even amount) then go to work in a loney gas station with no security. Id wait and go the next morning and give BF the money or pay the rent. But that's just me!

I still think this crime was a set up and they were interrupted by the man that came into the station.

I'm 63 and have never had that much cash in my purse! When DH and I travel, we generally divide cash between us until we reach our destination (hotel or cruise ship), then put most of it in a safe until we need it.

I don't discount the possibility that Jessica's abduction was a set-up. :moo:

Jessica is missing and is the victim here. We are not going to speculate about anything other than she has been abducted, that's what law enforcement says and that's how it will be here unless something new comes up.

No speculation on her leaving on her own, why she had so much money etc. She's missing, lets try to discuss things that could help bring her home to her family.

Once again we have NO SUSPECTS OR POI'S. No one is to be discussed in this manner until law enforcements names someone as such.

Ima

It was not exactly $400. The article talking about it said she had over $400. Though even that isn't strange. Often times people will deposit money in their account and take cash back. You would want $400 back for example not $411.29.

http://fox17online.com/2013/05/04/4...-wallet-and-register-untouched/#axzz2Si1GsZRO

Mr Slash!

I can understand what your saying but I do not think its wise to have over 400.00 in your purse at work at any job. Many places make you use a plastic see thru purse.
And I was saying that her pay check would not be an even 400.00 dollars unless se was paid under the table and then if that were the case it would probably be paid by cash! NOT CHECK by her boss.
I think if this was rare and she didn't usually carry around that kind of money it needs some looking into!

Personally I think 400. in her purse is a lot of money to be carrying around id have locked it in my car.

If you are not using a card don't you have to go inside and pay first?

I don't think they use the honor system these days! LOL

If its not prepay then you don't have to go in and pay first.

Can they get prints off money? I wont mention it again but could that money have been left in her purse by someone else?
Did Jessica know something?

Was there inventory control at this exxon. Cigaretts counted etc etc.

As I see it she knew the person that took her!

Finding and identifying MP's is not really solving a case, though, and that's what the poster was asking. Solving these cases is figuring out and finding whoever is responsible for the person's disappearance and/or death, and bringing them to justice, and that we cannot do. Mark Klass has stated several times that he does not try to 'solve' these cases, that is LE's job. As you said, he helps the families and helps raise awareness for those who are missing. Without the training, experience and resources that LE has, it would be delusional to think any of us ordinary citizens could actually do the job that they do.
No offense intended, and you had some great points, but not all cases are solved as soon as a body is found and identified. It takes a lot more work in bringing it to a close.

I was mostly answering the last question, about WS just being a game for the curious.

Unless the drawing is not so accurate. How can anyone know until he is caught?

Seems to me that if people here are saying he looks just like the sketch, maybe he would realize it, too......but what do I know? I've never matched a police sketch before.

I dont think the $$ being in her purse is strange. Many people who live paycheck to paycheck do not bother to have checking accounts. Many pay their bills by cashiers check etc when they need to ( and use cash for that ) Maybe that is how she paid bills. ANd LE said $400 but I am sure they were not being specific. If you looked in mine, you might say I have $40... not $43.22. So while clearly robbery was not the motive, I would not get too hung up on the amount in her purse. SHe probably cashed her paycheck earlier in the day ( since she had time before work...) intending to take it home.
I dont see an employer who left women working alone at night getting too specific about keeping money in their purses... ( and dont know any employer that does.. and never heard of a see thru purse either!) Even if they did.. no one would be there to see her.

May 8, 2013 at 1:00 am

Harbor Island searched for missing station clerk

By Detroit News staff and wire reports

Grand Haven — Authorities searched a small west Michigan island after receiving an anonymous tip in the disappearance of a gas station clerk.

Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw said police found nothing Tuesday on Harbor Island in Grand Haven that would help them locate 25-year-old Jessica Heeringa, MLive.com reported...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130508/METRO/305080344#ixzz2SiHmWcqp

I get lost in the sea of information here, in top of everything else I have going on in my day, so forgive me if this has been discussed.

I looked at LLL mugshots. First of all, he is way better looking than that sketch. Wrong chin, lips and nose, and prominent ears that would be noted, wrong eye shape. Anyway...I really wish that the aggravated assault charge in November 2012 was more specific. We don't know if he got into a bar fight, a domestic altercation, or assaulted a random female. He appears to have one charge of sexual assault (that I saw). Do we know what level offender? Was it a case of statutory rape, for instance? Also was he questioned and cleared by police and passed a polygraph?

Anyway, I haven't been able to see any pics of TH, to compare sketch to....but I don't think it looks like LLL.

Seems to me that if people here are saying he looks just like the sketch, maybe he would realize it, too......but what do I know? I've never matched a police sketch before.

I hardly ever see a resemblance between suspects and the sketches...even when others do. But I have little faith in witness descriptions as a rule, as they are so often wrong and everyone sees things differently. Plus I still find it hard to believe that someone could get such a detailed look at a driver passing by, if that is how this image came about. And then the statement by LE about it being a "10 out of 10". I guess they were going off what the witness said about the drawing and trying to sound confident but if it was that accurate, he should have been recognized by now.

I hope he is caught for obvious reasons but also to see how close this famous sketch is.

Same here.
I could not understand why they were there.
they saw all this stuff and never went over to see what was going on.
Just tooo convienient!

I think its possible the money was planted in her purse.
Something isn't right here as I see it.

What if this co worked WAS involved in this lottery scam thingy and Jessica knew...

I just feel this witness over in the guitar store parking lot needs some looking into!

JMO

I think the person in the guitar store parking lot was the lookout for whomever was with Jessica.

They got interrupted !she called and said get out of there someones coming into the station!

All JMO

How does someone sit in a parking lot across the road from where an abduction takes place, sees the van but doesn't witness the abduction? Doesn't call 911? But remembers enough about THAT PARTICULAR VAN AT THAT EXACT MOMENT IN TIME? And just happens to be a co worker of Jessica's? HUH? The more I learn about this case the more confused I become. I am really losing my faith in the common sense of the average citizen here.

I get lost in the sea of information here, in top of everything else I have going on in my day, so forgive me if this has been discussed.

I looked at LLL mugshots. First of all, he is way better looking than that sketch. Wrong chin, lips and nose, and prominent ears that would be noted, wrong eye shape. Anyway...I really wish that the aggravated assault charge in November 2012 was more specific. We don't know if he got into a bar fight, a domestic altercation, or assaulted a random female. He appears to have one charge of sexual assault (that I saw). Do we know what level offender? Was it a case of statutory rape, for instance? Also was he questioned and cleared by police and passed a polygraph?

Anyway, I haven't been able to see any pics of TH, to compare sketch to....but I don't think it looks like LLL.

1. LLL is tier 3 (which is the worst level)
2. We don't know who has been questioned and cleared or who has taken/passed a polygraph.

I hardly ever see a resemblance between suspects and the sketches...even when others do. But I have little faith in witness descriptions as a rule, as they are so often wrong and everyone sees things differently. Plus I still find it hard to believe that someone could get such a detailed look at a driver passing by, if that is how this image came about. And then the statement by LE about it being a "10 out of 10". I guess they were going off what the witness said about the drawing and trying to sound confident but if it was that accurate, he should have been recognized by now.

I hope he is caught for obvious reasons but also to see how close this famous sketch is.

In most cases, the sketches do not exactly match 100% to what the person actually looks like.

Only reasons why I think it could possibly be LLL is because He resembles the sketch and he lives off of Airport Rd (which is 3 minutes away from the gas station).

And since he is attractive I could see him trying to get young female attention.

Jessica is an attractive young woman so if he did this, I could see him trying to flirt with Jessica/get her attention.

JMO

I know that several locals are posting, and I'm curious about how the searches are going? Are they primarily LE agencies, or are there volunteer searchers? If so, how do you find out where searches are being conducted, what time, etc.? Is it word of mouth or are there announcements in your local papers or through TV, radio, etc.?

1. LLL is tier 3 (which is the worst level)
2. We don't know who has been questioned and cleared or who has taken/passed a polygraph.

Hmmm. A couple of pages back I thought I read that LLL had been questioned and passed a poly.........no?

Gotta run. I'll check in later.....;)

does anybody know if LLL took a poly and passed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam