MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by imamaze, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

It bothers me too that the silver van is the wrong vehicle. I'm glad the community still has Jessica in their thoughts and prayers. I just hope we get news soon.

Are most missing persons found in the same state they went missing or are they generally taken out of state?

2. vega

vega Life is Precious

You bring up an excellent point that has merit. If we look at this from a slightly different perspective it might help.

Since the eye witness(es) ID'ed the silver mini van, focus has rightly been focused on that vehicle. Unfortunately that has not yielded any fruit so far.

What if investigators were to consider a scenario in which the dark sedan is somehow related to the abduction. Maybe both vehicles were somehow involved. If so, then ID'ing that vehicle owner could help break open the case.

The assumption so far is the dark vehicle is not related to Jessica's disappearance. What if that assumption is false ? Anytime we get stuck it can help to go back and challenge underlying assumptions, which if false can block us from seeing the truth.

3. Treelights

Treelights New Member

Flutterby80, your post is so eloquently written, and the empathy you have for others has touched my heart.

4. Treelights

Treelights New Member

Yes, maybe the silver van is not the van who took her? In My Opinion, or the silver van and other vehicle are somehow connected, or one or the other, or none of these.....all those options to consider....Yes, I hope we get news soon, and for a healthy and alive Jessica to reappear.
    It is sad that she missed Mother's Day, for herself and her own family. God Bless!

5. Lurkey Lou

Lurkey Lou New Member

I saw somewhere ( FB Maybe ? ) that Jamie Jones and the missing you foundation in Michigan have gotten the ok from the Norton Shores police to put together a search with canines. ( I think it's ok to post this, but it did come from FB, pretty sure that is where I saw it, if not ok mods please edit me out )

6. Treelights

Treelights New Member

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/police_chief_on_jessica_heerin.html

"Police Chief on Jessica Heeringa case: Now is not the time for independent ground searches."

"Shaw respectfully asks that the public holds off on canvassing the area for clues to Heeringa’s whereabouts."

“Our concerns about conducting ground searches at this point are, number one, we don’t have a defined area to begin a search. Based on the evidence we have, we believe she was transported from the scene, so where do we start?,” Shaw said. “The ground search would probably not be a good use of resources at this time.”

7. 4csns

4csns New Member

Thank you for the responses.

When I said "little police activity" I meant that it just doesn't seem like they have released much- and hopefully that is for the best interest of Jessica. I pray she is out there, surviving and will be back with her family soon.

8. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

I don't get this. If he is offering a reason why his department has not done searches that is one thing. But to basically tell the public "don't waste your time looking" doesn't sit too well with me. At some point it seems someone needs to start searching. JMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

9. goldenbear

goldenbear New Member

Chief Dan Shaw said today he does not want to use resources to do any ground searches at this time. He is also concerned about the public doing searches because they could cause a problem with the evidence found.

10. 4csns

4csns New Member

On Jessica's Facebook page the admin posted the article from mlive about chief shaw requesting people do not conduct their own searches (Treelights just posted above) there is a person posting (JJ) will be conducting searches this weekend- this person seems to be training dogs in search and rescue and claims that the NSPD has approved of this.

11. Tangie

Tangie New Member

Jessica's Myspace from 2009 is still up - she had posted a few poems back then. This makes me so sad.

Maybe I don't have a melody
    My music is lost to the wind
    My tune has been inhaled
    My violins may lift my heart
    But the tears still fall
    Maybe I'm not singing loud enough.

This one gave me the shivers:

As I suspected You came through the door Your eyes not happy anymore You wrapped the leash Around my heart And went for the door Passed through No turning back Without a word or a glance
    For the heart your dragging behind

Just wanted to share these poems, my apologies if this has already been posted, or mods, please remove if this is inappropriate. Another poster had said we know so little about Jessica personally, I thought I'd share these.
    I think that there is a real softie underneath her "scrappy" exterior.

12. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Someone finding evidence should be the least of their worries, if this is true. Finding anything at all that may lead to a suspect or to Jessica should be the only concern, or there may never be a court case. And probably 99% or more of people who would make the effort to search would know not to pick up possible evidence.

There have been plenty of cases where people have found guns or other items and turned them into police and those items are later used in court.

I do think it is unlikely she is within walking distance of the store, so he right, in that,where do you start looking?

13. absentia

absentia Active Member

this is a very important aspect of the case and I really hope LE is looking outside the silver van box.

14. absentia

absentia Active Member

if the witness did not actually see JR getting in the silver van, then they shouldn't assume the silver van is the suspect vehicle. If the witness did see JH get in the van, then she should have taken the plate #, called police and followed the van.
    nothing about this sits well with me.
    she could have been transferred to another car, or another car could have pulled up to the gas station and 2 perps abducted her into the dark car.
    narrow minded, this investigation.

15. absentia

absentia Active Member

Jessica Ridgeway was taken in a car (even though no one knew that at the time) and they still did massive ground searches. and they found evidence. and her.
    I've been away for a few days, couldn't handle being here knowing her little boy has no mama on mother's day, but no I'm back, and I really think the investigation is limiting the search.

16. absentia

absentia Active Member

a dark suburban fits the typical suspect vehicle more than does a silver minivan.

17. absentia

absentia Active Member

finally!

18. absentia

absentia Active Member

19. absentia

absentia Active Member

I'd like to know WTH Police are dead set on the sketch and the van if the witness truly didn't see JH get in the van and didn't see a struggle. it's all circumstantial. either the witness did she something we aren't being told about or the PD is very trusting to the point of being gullible.
    the witness could be an accomplice throwing the scent off the dark suburban.

20. absentia

absentia Active Member

yes, this is just stupid. I can help but feeling angry about the whole investigation. I'm sorry, but small town PD's cannot be relied upon for these types of cases. If I were missing (god forbid), I'd want FBI. end of story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.