MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by imamaze, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

It was not known that Jessica R. was taken in a car, though. Most victims probably are taken into cars. But usually there is no evidence of it, so a search has to start from the last place seen or known to be. Even with Holly, while a vehicle was the assumption, no one saw one.

2. Treelights

Treelights New Member

From Dan Shaw in the comments section in this article....that he posted 16 hours ago...

"Please remain vigilant and report any information regarding Jessica, the silver minivan, or the subject portrayed in the sketch to NSPD (231-733-2691) or Silent Observer (231-72-CRIME). At this point, anything other than that is a distraction and serves no valuable purpose."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/police_jessica_heeringa_case_t.html

3. Treelights

Treelights New Member

I wonder how much more information that LE has about the sketch and the minivan, particularly since Dan Shaw said that "at this point anything other than this is a distraction and serves no valuable purpose".

4. jenstar

jenstar New Member

I still think they need to search that Wolf Resort Campground. Just for the fact it's so isolated. If they truly took her "North" it wouldn't be but a bit over a 20 min ride. When my sister was homeless; she lived out of her car and rented a campsite. JMO

5. jenstar

jenstar New Member

I'd seen those too. But I wasn't sure since there's a girl on FB that looks ALOT like Jess and really isn't her.

6. princessk

princessk Member

Sounds to me like they know more than they are telling us.

7. mamacita

mamacita Well-Known Member

my fingers are crossed that this is the case!

8. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Difficult to say how much, really. I used to think LE always had much more than we knew but often it either is not true, or what they do have does not lead them anyplacd.

9. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I sure hope they polygraphed that witness or somehow have this abduction on video. :twocents:
    What happens if this witness "recants" like the one in Leila Fowler's case did?

While I admire his certainty... it rubs me the wrong way at the same time.
    For all he knows... this guy dropped off his minivan 3 miles down the road and got in his pick up truck.

He is encouraging people to have tunnel vision and that is rarely a good idea.
    I hope they DO know more than we realize they know. A LOT more. :please:

10. Treelights

Treelights New Member

I know what you mean, and one that comes to mind is Kyron Horman, and I have followed that case for several years now, and now on June 4th is the third anniversary of missing Kyron. With the leads that I thought LE had due to their press conferences, I thought for sure that either Kyron would be found or an arrest would be made....

11. plude19

plude19 New Member

I missed it. Where did chief Shaw say, "At this point anything other than that is a distraction." Is that your opinion, or did the Chief say that?

12. Treelights

Treelights New Member

No, it is not my opinion. The chief did write that. It is in the comments section from the article, that I posted a little bit earlier....see my post #622

13. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Bolding mine.

14. elidar

elidar Active Member

15. Treelights

Treelights New Member

16. Tonto

Tonto Former Member

Ugh. I check in every two or three days. And frown. I wish they would figure this case out.

17. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones New Member

I don't know if this has been posted before or if anyone on ws noticed, but...there is a guy handing out flyers wearing an orange sweatshirt...it appears in the video at the 02:05 minute mark...I find it curious after all the discussion about who would wear an orange or red sweatshirt while kidnapping someone...

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/...on-station-where-Jessica-Heeringa-disappeared

I'm just saying...MOO

18. Woe.be.gone

Woe.be.gone Well-Known Member

It looks like a smallish person but whoever it is, stays under that hood and never turns toward the camera. It's a little weird but if that's his only sweatshirt and it's chilly outside????

Last year orange was a popular fashion color. I bought a bright orange hoodie for a young man (Under Armour). I told him if he didn't like the color he could return it but he didn't. So, ???????

19. vega

vega Life is Precious

Chief Shaw has made a basic mistake of logic in his statement. Perhaps he didn't mean what he said ?

Paraphrasing Shaw: Don't search for evidence because if you find any evidence you might contaminate it.

20. goldenbear

goldenbear New Member

Chief Dan Shaw said although I cant prevent any private party from searching I would prefer that they would call me so I could go over the proper handling of evidence with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.