MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I'm back again and I have lurked on Jessica's thread long enough. I have been following her case since the beginning. I am a husband and father to a wee one so I took this personally. I believe this guys theory.

Today while looking at the news I came across another "possible" abduction in Kentucky. Here is the article. The girl's boyfriend has not been cleared yet and the story is still fresh... but... This place is an 8 hour drive South of Norton Shores. Keep your eyes on this one.

Honestly the missing blondes are beginning to really ring with a creepy tone. If this is a serial abductor etc. He/She likes to go to small towns that have small PDs and it seems he/she's calling card is leaving behind valuables that any human would not leave behind. Then gone without a trace! I could be wrong about this and if so, forgive my ignorance.

Remember this guy? Yeah. He was not even on the radar for a long time and doing this sort of thing.

Because of all of this I'm keeping my guns loaded and find myself suspicious at times of people when out in public with my family. I just cannot help it. These stories have really shown me that we must always be alert and aware of our surroundings.

Jessica has a child, fiancée, job, and trying to make it in this world and then some piece of scum comes around and takes her away. It has really upset me. The pain the fiancée is feeling is painful to read and that beautiful little boy looking for mommy just caves me.

I still follow the Karen Swift case. That one is not only horrible but rings of a non-amateur type of murderer. The thing that creeps me out the most is if this is the same person that hurt Karen swift who had 4 children, then he/she has no remorse at all for Jessica having a little boy. This makes my blood boil!

Ok, I'm stepping down from my podium now but just had to reach out and vent for a minute.

Take Care.

OT but I don't believe one has to look outside the home for Karen's murderer. Same for many of the cases of missing women. But Jessica's does not seem that way at all to me. If this person was known to her in any close way, i.e. an ex, surely LE would have honed in on him by now and determined if he had access to a van, an alibi,,etc.

I think this is as likely to be a stranger abduction as any ever have been.

I think this is as likely to be a stranger abduction as any ever have been.

respectfully snipped

While I find nearly all the theories possible that I've read on here about what happened to Jessica, I agree with Clu that this abductor was, for all intents and purposes, a stranger to Jessica.

I wish I could ask LE some questions. If I could, they might be:

1) How convinced are you that the blood droplet has anything to do with Jessica's disappearance? (When I worked retail, I'm sure the place was crawling with my dna. Employees have to use box cutters to break down cardboard, and probably do so often while outside having a smoke, since they would then walk the cardboard over to the dumpster. Just one possible explanation.)

2) Would you still call the POI sketch a 10?

3) Have you considered, and investigated, the possibility that the black vehicle seen near the van on video has something to do with it?

4). Over two months out, are you still contending that searches would be detrimental to the investigation? How so?

5) Is the FBI profile complete and if so, when will you release it to the public so we can be of some help in finding the suspect?

Those are just a few things that have been eating away at me. Anyone care to add anything? Is it possible to compile a reasonable list of questions for LE and post it publicly so they might be inclined to respond?

Excellent!

I've wished so much that we could ask LE these things and more but, as I recall, it's against WS Terms of Service to solicit public agencies for help.

But, gosh...I wish someone connected to the Norton Shores PD would be reading on here or that MSM is and will ask those questions of LE.

Where is Jessica?

I wish I could ask LE some questions. If I could, they might be:

1) How convinced are you that the blood droplet has anything to do with Jessica's disappearance? (When I worked retail, I'm sure the place was crawling with my dna. Employees have to use box cutters to break down cardboard, and probably do so often while outside having a smoke, since they would then walk the cardboard over to the dumpster. Just one possible explanation.)

2) Would you still call the POI sketch a 10?

3) Have you considered, and investigated, the possibility that the black vehicle seen near the van on video has something to do with it?

4). Over two months out, are you still contending that searches would be detrimental to the investigation? How so?

5) Is the FBI profile complete and if so, when will you release it to the public so we can be of some help in finding the suspect?

Those are just a few things that have been eating away at me. Anyone care to add anything? Is it possible to compile a reasonable list of questions for LE and post it publicly so they might be inclined to respond?

Excellent questions! Jumping off #4, I call bull@#$% on the lack of searches in this case. I'd like to know the REAL reason that no searches have been conducted and why JH's family and supporters are opposed to ground searches for their loved one. Why has there been no serious effort to locate Jessica and/or find any evidence that might lead to her location? :confused: Why is there no sense of urgency to find Jessica who has been missing nearly 9 weeks? :waitasec:

I may or may not have forwarded these questions to a MSM who is always asking what we want them to investigate. I may or may not have also had a couple of friends do the same.

If that is against TOS, then I definately did not do these things.

Excellent questions! Jumping off #4, I call bull@#$% on the lack of searches in this case. I'd like to know the REAL reason that no searches have been conducted and why JH's family and supporters are opposed to ground searches for their loved one. Why has there been no serious effort to locate Jessica and/or find any evidence that might lead to her location? :confused: Why is there no sense of urgency to find Jessica who has been missing nearly 9 weeks? :waitasec:

In cases like this, with no sense of urgency to find Jessica, what does that usually mean to law enforcement?
Does that mean they have inside info as to where she might be or who might have her and they are "watching" this person,
or does it mean that she is dead so there is no urgency to find her,as they will find her when someone stumbles on her remains?
Is it a Monetary thing, that the town and state can't afford to dedicate more people and time to the case? Early on Dan Shaw said there was money for her case. With 26 thousand dollars spent already, what is the top amount they can spend? What is the amount they are "willing" to spend to find Jessica?
What resources do they have to accomplish the goal of finding Jessica? Do they have a goal in finding her at all?
Do they feel that she really is missing on her own accord, so they won't do searches and won't spend more "manpower" to the case??

I may or may not have forwarded these questions to a MSM who is always asking what we want them to investigate. I may or may not have also had a couple of friends do the same.

If that is against TOS, then I definately did not do these things.

That made me :)

I can't pretend to understand why NSPD is conducting things the way that they are. Michigan is definately a broke-a$$ state, so I could see the state boys capping the amount of resources they were willing to lend to NSPD. I doubt NSPD has a very big budget to begin with.. Norton Shores is a pretty middle class city and because we have Lake Michigan, there are some fairly wealthy people who live there, but the tax base has fallen here just like everywhere else in the state. People lost jobs, moved, had their homes foreclosed on...and those people are no longer supporting the system through taxes. Plus Norton Shores is a relatively low-crime area, so I doubt they are eligible for some of the enforcement grants that I see surrounding cities get.So I imagine funds are definately an issue here.

But...that does not explain why, early in the investigation when help from MSP, the FBI and the CIA was available, that more wasn't done as far as searches. Maybe there have been searches I am not aware of, but the only ones I know about are the lot across from Exxon the weekend of the abduction, the Hoffmaster State Park search in response to a gunshot, and the fly-overs by MSP choppers early on.

The search of the lot across from Exxon makes sense to me now that we have heard (from the PI?) that someone in a gray van was sitting across the street watching the station the evening Jessica disappeared. Maybe they were looking for cigarette butts, gum, pop cans....something with DNA that could be tested. The only business that could be considered across the street would be G&L Chili Dogs. It is the only option. I saw MSP with dogs in the field surrounding G&L either that Saturday or Sunday. I can't remember which day now. I wish the local gentleman who helped us in the beginning...was still posting here. I think he said he saw them too.

Since this is the only case that I am currently following in earnest here on WS, I have taken the time to go back and read the earliest media reports about the missing young woman. I've noticed in other cases that there seems to be plenty of information early on in an investigation when LE is holding regular press conferences, family members are being interviewed by media, etc. After the initial informational blitz, things calm down, and we don't usually hear very much unless there are significant developments or a break in the case. This is likely due to the fact that LE is gleaning information as they continue their investigation that might or might not be shared with the family.

That said, there are some things that came out in early media reports and/or interviews with JH's family that have been puzzling. I wondered how long Jessica had worked at the Exxon station and found out that she had been there for "about a year". I have yet to find additional information about whether or not she works full-time (40 hours weekly) and what days/shifts she usually works. If she's only part-time, does JH have another part-time job? Where did she work before she was hired at the gas station?

Jessica's fiancé made a specific point about Jessica coming home right after work that night and that she might even be early because she had already begun her cleanup chores when they spoke earlier in the evening. Was this different from other nights when JH worked the closing shift? Did she not always come straight home, and if not, where did she go and with whom? Did Dakota meet her somewhere, or did Jessica hang out with friends? If she went out after work, when did she usually get home?

The cell phone is another thing that has me puzzled. Dakota mentions in what I believe was his first media appearance that he had the shared cell phone and called everyone from their address book to see if anyone had seen or heard from Jessica. There is also at least one media report that indicates that a cell phone was found with Jessica's belongings that were left on the counter at the Exxon station. Since Dakota reported immediately and without hesitation that HE had their cell phone, I am inclined to believe him, but is it possible that Jessica had another phone that her fiancé didn't know about?

:moo:

These are just a handful of questions that I've had for a while, and I would like answers.

Since this is the only case that I am currently following in earnest here on WS, I have taken the time to go back and read the earliest media reports about the missing young woman. I've noticed in other cases that there seems to be plenty of information early on in an investigation when LE is holding regular press conferences, family members are being interviewed by media, etc. After the initial informational blitz, things calm down, and we don't usually hear very much unless there are significant developments or a break in the case. This is likely due to the fact that LE is gleaning information as they continue their investigation that might or might not be shared with the family.

That said, there are some things that came out in early media reports and/or interviews with JH's family that have been puzzling. I wondered how long Jessica had worked at the Exxon station and found out that she had been there for "about a year". I have yet to find additional information about whether or not she works full-time (40 hours weekly) and what days/shifts she usually works. If she's only part-time, does JH have another part-time job? Where did she work before she was hired at the gas station?

Jessica's fiancé made a specific point about Jessica coming home right after work that night and that she might even be early because she had already begun her cleanup chores when they spoke earlier in the evening. Was this different from other nights when JH worked the closing shift? Did she not always come straight home, and if not, where did she go and with whom? Did Dakota meet her somewhere, or did Jessica hang out with friends? If she went out after work, when did she usually get home?

The cell phone is another thing that has me puzzled. Dakota mentions in what I believe was his first media appearance that he had the shared cell phone and called everyone from their address book to see if anyone had seen or heard from Jessica. There is also at least one media report that indicates that a cell phone was found with Jessica's belongings that were left on the counter at the Exxon station. Since Dakota reported immediately and without hesitation that HE had their cell phone, I am inclined to believe him, but is it possible that Jessica had another phone that her fiancé didn't know about?

:moo:

These are just a handful of questions that I've had for a while, and I would like answers.

I agree about the phone thing, as it could have been a reporter's mistake, or maybe Jessica did have another phone that her fiancé did not know about.
Maybe that info was released correctly by the reporter, and there was a phone there with Jessica's belongings, but I haven't heard anymore about that phone, so is it now something that LE does not want to discuss, because if that is the case, that phone perhaps could give more clues as to Jessica's whereabouts, i.e. she knows her abductor and they are not actively searching for her, etc. It makes me wonder...In My Opinion...
Oh, and I agree with your Whole Post!

I got the impression that she meant that she was having the time to do closing chores earlier than usual, so might be home a little earlier than was normal. But who knows...so difficult to know what was or was not reported accurately these days.

I think there could have likely been a 2nd cell, but my reasoning is based on rumor and FB posts. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Jessica's disappearance, but I'm sure would have been a kick to her fiance's gut if true.

I hope he and their little boy are hanging in there.

I agree about the phone thing, as it could have been a reporter's mistake, or maybe Jessica did have another phone that her fiancé did not know about.

Maybe that info was released correctly by the reporter, and there was a phone there with Jessica's belongings, but I haven't heard anymore about that phone, so is it now something that LE does not want to discuss, because if that is the case, that phone perhaps could give more clues as to Jessica's whereabouts,i.e. she knows her abductor and they are not actively searching for her, etc. It makes me wonder...In My Opinion...
Oh, and I agree with your Whole Post!

I've had similar thoughts about the possibility of a second cell phone, and you're right in saying that, if true, LE would not share this with the media and maybe not even with Jessica's family. :moo:

very strange we had a new poster come on, stated that he believed Jessica didn't know her KILLER, and then disappeared.
I'd like to hear more....

very strange we had a new poster come on, stated that he believed Jessica didn't know her KILLER, and then disappeared.
I'd like to hear more....

If we are honest, I think the majority of readers here believe that the likelihood of Jessica being alive at this point is somewhere between slim and none, unless she voluntarily left of her own accord, and there is no evidence that she did. My guess is that the new poster just used the word 'killer' because many of us assume at this point that there very probably is one, and while a poor choice of words, and not supported by known facts, I never had an inkling that the poster knows something that "we" don't. As to why that poster disappeared, he/she was probably scared off by the spikes on the wheels of the welcome wagon. I probably would have disappeared too. JMO

http://www.wzzm13.com/rss/article/260000/14/Jessica-Heeringas-fiancé-We-need-her-home

"Just let her go, we need her home, her son needs her home... It's never too late to do the right thing," says Dakota."

"It was very quick, her being outside. Not sure what happened, it's just a feeling I have."

"Dakota says he still feels in the dark with all theories he hears from people in the community, although he does speak with investigators regularly."

<Mod Snip>. In my opinion, they should have LE working as 911 operators, not civilians. This is what we have to deal with in SE Michigan:

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/07/detroit_911_operator_fired_aft.html

<Mod Snip> Obviously there are bad apples (i.e. your link) and that situation is absolutely inexcusable. However the huge majority of 911 dispatchers contribute more to public safety then most people will ever know. You are correct in stating the position doesn't require a PhD. However I have hired people WITH PhD's who were not able to perform the duties of a 911 dispatcher. It takes an amazingly unique skill set to be good at emergency telecommunications. And most law enforcement officers do not possess that skill set either. A great cop doesn't make a great dispatcher. I've been in the 911 business for almost 30 years and know first-hand what it takes to be good at this job. Dispatchers are a critical part of the public safety foundation and deserve a lot more respect & consideration than you provided them.

If we are honest, I think the majority of readers here believe that the likelihood of Jessica being alive at this point is somewhere between slim and none, unless she voluntarily left of her own accord, and there is no evidence that she did. My guess is that the new poster just used the word 'killer' because many of us assume at this point that there very probably is one, and while a poor choice of words, and not supported by known facts, I never had an inkling that the poster knows something that "we" don't. As to why that poster disappeared, he/she was probably scared off by the spikes on the wheels of the welcome wagon. I probably would have disappeared too. JMO

Agree completely. A few people were kind of harsh-ish on the poster, in saying what I have been thinking for a long time now. If she is not "in" on her own disappearance, I think it very unlikely she is alive.

It has been over 40 years in Michigan and they have not yet found Jimmy Hoffa. The weasel overheard three mafia men discussing his resting place under a hotel that had just gone up at the time he disappeared. This tip has not yet been investigated.
It is still very early in the Jessica Heeringa case. I still estimate it will take LE six months to go through all the minivans. What can be done is to go over any new information that comes in and formulate a tip and phone it in. My suggestion is to call the police department directly and not silent observer. SO can be very negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks