MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by imamaze, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trenchmouth

trenchmouth Former Member

Out for a drive over the weekend around where I live and I started paying attention to the number of cameras that are up. It's quite amazing. Cameras are everywhere. On exterior buildings, inside retail stores, along the highways, all around road construction sites and intersections, etc. Someone has good video of the van, it's just a matter of finding, again, probably too late since so much time has transpired. On the downside our privacy is being invaded. Big brother watching everyone now.

2. longtallcold

longtallcold What happened to Nancy Jenkins?

3. Treelights

Treelights New Member

You mentioned....
    QUOTE...From what we have seen Jess appeared to be in a happy relationship and calling her fiancee to let him know she would be coming home quickly after work shows it was a happy place that she wanted to be so if the perp did make any sort of advances toward her I feel she would have politely turned him down. UNQUOTE.

In this video at 12 seconds Dakotah says it was him that called Jessica. Jessica did not call him.
    "No, just calling to see how work was going and uh you know just seeing how fast she was gonna be outta there..."

http://startingpoint.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/01/mom-jessica-heeringa-likely-lured-from-work/

There is also a video that I posted awhile back that a reporter said that Jessica's cellphone was found at the Exxon station. Now Jessica and Dakotah shared a cellphone that Dakotah actually had.
    Did Jessica have a second phone?
    Is it possible the lights were turned off because Jessica may have wanted to talk to the individual behind the store without others watching? IMOO.

4. Treelights

Treelights New Member

5. goldenbear

goldenbear New Member

:seeya::seeya:
    The one car the couple shared was at the station. This article and that fact would imply the police found the blood.:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

6. Treelights

Treelights New Member

Ok, now I missed that. I did not know they shared a car as well as a phone.

7. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

8. BetteDavisEyes

It doesn't imply anything. When Dakota learned that Jessica was missing, someone probably drove him to the Exxon station so that he could find out what might have happened to her. :moo:

9. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

I unapproved the discussion about Jessica's fiancé finding blood if you can provide a link to show this we can reapprove it but we will need a link.

Just a reminder...

We do not have any suspects or persons of interest so until someone is named as such discussing anyone in a suspect manner is not allowed.

Thanks!

Ima

10. PoisonPill

PoisonPill Member

Norton Shores and Romulus are nearly 200 miles apart but I wonder if LE is investigating any possible connection to the Brenna Machus murder? Similar circumstances, though a connection seems doubtful.

11. BetteDavisEyes

I have looked and can't find a link. I recall the comment from an interview with a reporter paraphrasing that Dakota had been at the scene when spots of motor oil, gasoline, or possibly blood were found on the gas station property. The reporter said that Jessica's fiancé "pointed out" certain spots to police who were on the scene. I thought it was unusual for a family member/fiancé to be present during an investigation, so maybe the reporter was confused about who was there.

I realize that not all media reports necessarily appear in transcript/or written article form, so if this discussion isn't appropriate, I will understand, and you may delete those posts that mention it. I have an excellent memory and know what I heard. Thanks for your consideration.

12. giagreen

giagreen Well-Known Member

Lots of good thoughts. Thanks for posting them all to read. But I did want to let you know that they did bring dogs in to track her scent but she was put into the van and so the dogs were then unable to track her sent.

13. absentia

absentia Active Member

14. absentia

absentia Active Member

and so security cameras do not prevent this type of crime. i hope they help prosecute it tho.

Jessica's b'day is one day before (and many years after) mine.

15. absentia

absentia Active Member

16. giagreen

17. BetteDavisEyes

Dearborn is about 10 miles west of Detroit.

18. LorinMarie

LorinMarie New Member

Thank you! I searched and couldn't find where it said that dogs were ever brought in. I would be interested to know exactly where the dogs lost the sent, I would guess right there by the backdoor somewhere as from what I have read signs point to that area as the point of some sort of struggle evidenced by the blood.

I have just done additional reading though most of what is out there is the same as the articles before it. I think on the cell phone being found at the Exxon I am not 100% on if that was in fact there or an error in reporting. It would make sense for her to have it if they had a landline but if not then it would make more sense to me that it was at home in case of emergency for the baby as Jess had access to the station phone. Other articles I have read only list her coat, keys, car, jacket, purse and money I believe so the cell to me may or may not have been there and I suppose it doesn't play into my theories at all anyhow. I would assume all cell records have already been scoured.

I just read this article again more slowly

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/...months-private-investigator-reveals-new-clues

the 2 parts that I focus on each time I read it are :

One example; The back of the Exxon station was totally dark. Two large security lights on the back wall normally on, were off. The back door which was normally closed, was open. This is where police say Jessica was taken and where a small amount of Jessica's blood was found.

So the back door was open? for how long all night or around the time of abduction only? Same with the lights. I could see perhaps someone forgetting to turn lights on but not leaving the door open. They may have even been automatic. Was this witnessed by several area employees or was this how the customer that called 911 found it? I thought I had read somewhere that the co worker had noticed the lights off though so this could be 2 witness accounts put together.

I could see Jess going out front to help a customer with a pump or any other issue but unless the person was well known I wouldn't imagine her going out the back especially with the cash drawer out. I would perhaps think she was taking the trash out the back but it has been reported that hadn't been done and nothing has surfaced stating that the trash was left there near the exit suggesting that is what she was doing.

I have seen it mentioned that perhaps she was expecting someone and didn't want to be seen thus the lights being off but the fact that she seemed to be getting her closing done and in a rush to get home earlier than normal makes me feel that was not likely as meeting up with someone would likely put her arrival home later than she told her fiancée. Had she been meeting someone I could picture her saying she would be home at the average time and had a lot of chores left to do still to explain perhaps the time it would take her to meet up with someone.

This really makes me think that this person was no stranger staking out random girls and that he knew that gas station well. Nothing has been reported that she often did not have the lights on so her "forgetting" on that particular night of all nights just doesn't feel correct to me.

the other piece that captures my attention is this:

Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw says he is confident everything was done to protect the scene. "Once the officers arrived on scene there was no traffic around the crime scene area. Our officers did secure the area and collected the evidence and cleared the scene," Shaw told WZZM 13.

I believe the store was open for business as usual the following morning. Does anyone know how long LE was on the scene collecting evidence? Wouldn't they want to preserve the scene until morning when it was daylight just to have better visibility and make sure nothing at all was missed? This may have happened and I could be way off here but I know I read the Exxon was open that next morning somewhere. If there was some sort of struggle the perp could have left the smallest trace of evidence so I really hope that was gone over with a fine tooth comb.

Finally I know it has been listed a handful of people that have been cleared such as the store owner fiancée and an ex bf of Jessica's. The fellow employee and her husband, were they officially cleared or no? I realize that they have not been listed as suspects so I won't discuss them in such a manner but if they have been cleared I have missed ot and would like to know.

I am becoming extremely bothered by this case and worry that with each passing day it grows colder and colder. I just have to pray that LE does have a good direction to pursue but with only a few details released I worry they are also totally stumped.

19. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I do not think there is a link...but fear the outcome may be the same.

20. giagreen

The back door being open to me is the most telling. Well, maybe not the most telling but it sure does tell us something.
    I am not 100% sure on how this gas station worked. But, with almost all gas stations, restaurants, bars, anything like that all the doors in back are heavy and lock once you let it shut. I don't see why this one would be any different. But then again they didn't have cameras so maybe they just really didn't care at all about security.
    If it's the case this door did shut once it was closed. Then I just can't help but to think she had to of known the perp. If some random guy came in to abduct her and went threw the front door and took her out the back and was struggling with her. Then where did he find time to prop the door open? And why would he even care if the door was propped open?
    This leads me to believe that Jessica had propped the door open for some reason.
    Even if this was someone who had propped the door open ahead of time the door still would of been shut due to a struggle to get Jessica out.
    This makes me fully believe that she was either lured out back by someone she new and felt okay around. Or she went out to smoke a cigarette and was blind sided by the perp. I know her cigarettes were found inside but after thinking about it....to be honest I can't count the times at work when I would go out to smoke I almost never bring the whole pack. I bring the one cigarette to smoke quick and get back in to finish the job. So to me it's on or the other.
    If it's the case where she was smoking I could picture it being a weird costumer that she new but wasn't "friends" with. If she was lured out back then it makes me wonder more about the employee that said she seen the back lights off. I think I remember reading somewhere on here that the same employee who said she seen the lights off was also the same employee that Jessica was working for that night. So, that does kind of raise a red flag in my book.
    This case out of so many others bothers me the most. I'm not sure what it is about this case that bothers me. Maybe it's the fact I am sad for her little boy who just doesn't understand why his momma is lost. Or if it's because I can't count the times I have been in her shoes, young, working alone in a gas station. Or maybe it's because this case sounds so solvable to me yet it's not solved and each day that passes points to it not being solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.