MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else worried like me that if prosecutors use Bluhm, the cousin, as a witnesses he has already blown his credibility already by lying and Willis's attorneys are going to say to the court "you lied before to prosecutors so why should the court believe you now?" to help him. I'm sorry to bring this up but I just wondered what your thoughts were?

I'm not worried because I have said that I felt LE took it serious, went to Willis's grand fathers house and looked for DNA evidence which ended up showing she was there, so they went back to him this morning, before court and offered him a deal to tell the truth because of the evidence they have.

im really curious why the cousin told police that he had seen jessica in ( I believe ) Willis' grandfathers basement- etc... then said he lied. How long between talking to the cops then taking it back? What happened to make him change his mind?

I remember another of Willis' cousins ( I think it was a cousin..) saying that he liked to hang out with Jessica at the store and smoke cigarettes with her. I wonder if they would stand out back and smoke... and so she thought nothing of doing so the night she disappeared? Just a guess....

im really curious why the cousin told police that he had seen jessica in ( I believe ) Willis' grandfathers basement- etc... then said he lied. How long between talking to the cops then taking it back? What happened to make him change his mind?

I remember another of Willis' cousins ( I think it was a cousin..) saying that he liked to hang out with Jessica at the store and smoke cigarettes with her. I wonder if they would stand out back and smoke... and so she thought nothing of doing so the night she disappeared? Just a guess....

We posted the articles; I don't recall dates off the top of my head and am on my cell; shouldn't be hard to google to see if there's a timeline for the cousin.

I think after he was arrested he gave that info thinking he was gonna go home but LE didn't budge so he said he lied. LE had a feeling he was telling the truth so went back to the house looking for DNA

They look pretty confident on the presser video that they have a solid case; just have to find Jessica

I agree with the above poster...though this is not unexpected, it still feels like a punch to the gut. Torn between being devastated for Jessica's family, and hopeful that they might at least learn where she is and what happened to her. I hope the Heeringa family can feel the love that our community has found for Jessica over these past 3+ years. She has never left our hearts and minds.

I hope we've also learned a hard lesson about assumptions, as there were SO many, both locally and online, who were sure the manager and/or gas station owner were responsible for Jessica's disappearance.

Tragedy can really bring out the best, and worst, in people.

Man Charged With Kidnapping, Murder In Jessica Heeringa’s 2013*Disappearance

September 20, 2016 12:28 PM

MUSKEGON (WWJ) –*Three years after a 25-year-old gas station clerk went missing in western Michigan, charges are being filed against her alleged killer.

Muskegon County Prosecutor*DJ Hilson on*Tuesday said*Jeffery Willis has been charged with murder and kidnapping in the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa. An arraignment date wasn’t immediately set.

“As of today, Jeffery Willis is allegedly the killer of Jessica Heeringa and we’ve charged him as such,” said Hilson. “In my opinion, we’ve found Jessica’s killer.”

Heeringa hasn’t been seen since just before*she was closing up an Exxon Station where she worked in Norton Shores on*April 26, 2013.*Her*body has not been found, but investigators believe she was killed within 24 to 48 hours of her abduction...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/09...ng-murder-in-jessica-heeringas-disappearance/

Wow. After all these years, finally!

I hope Jessica will be found for the sake of her family and friends. So sad!

IMOO.

Man Charged With Kidnapping, Murder In Jessica Heeringa’s 2013*Disappearance

September 20, 2016 12:28 PM

MUSKEGON (WWJ) –*Three years after a 25-year-old gas station clerk went missing in western Michigan, charges are being filed against her alleged killer.

Muskegon County Prosecutor*DJ Hilson on*Tuesday said*Jeffery Willis has been charged with murder and kidnapping in the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa. An arraignment date wasn’t immediately set.

“As of today, Jeffery Willis is allegedly the killer of Jessica Heeringa and we’ve charged him as such,” said Hilson. “In my opinion, we’ve found Jessica’s killer.”

Heeringa hasn’t been seen since just before*she was closing up an Exxon Station where she worked in Norton Shores on*April 26, 2013.*Her*body has not been found, but investigators believe she was killed within 24 to 48 hours of her abduction...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/09...ng-murder-in-jessica-heeringas-disappearance/

They found videos of other bound women?!?! I wonder if this is something he got somewhere else, like off the internet, or did he have other victims. In any event, I don't believe Heeringa and Bletsch were his only victims.

They found videos of other bound women?!?! I wonder if this is something he got somewhere else, like off the internet, or did he have other victims. In any event, I don't believe Heeringa and Bletsch were his only victims.

I'm relieved to see him charged with Jessica's case. When her mom said he wasn't responsible a while back I felt we would never have closure in this case. I agree these are not his only victims. This guy has been at it a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See this article
Jeffrey Willis' cousin, Kevin Bluhm, headed to trial on lying charge

Bluhm, who is on suspension from his job as a sergeant with the Michigan Department of Corrections, told police on May 18 he hadn't seen Willis for nearly a year – since July 2015 – and that he had never seen Willis with a handgun, according to a sworn statement provided by Norton Shores Police Lt. Michael Kasher.

But in an interview a month later, on June 17, Bluhm said he had seen Willis May 3 or May 4 of this year and that at that time Willis showed him a handgun, Kasher said. Also during that second interview, Bluhm allegedly first told Kasher that "Jeffrey Willis did do it" when talking about Heeringa's disappearance and that he was forced to "help Willis take care of Miss Heeringa."

But at the end of the police interview Bluhm allegedly contradicted himself, saying he had made it all up.

Interview, phone records led to Willis charges in Jessica Heeringa murder

24 Hour News 8 web staff

Published: September 21, 2016, 9:33 am

MUSKEGON COUNTY, Mich. (WOOD) — The murder and kidnapping charges Jeffrey Willis is now facing in the Jessica Heeringa case are based on statements from his cousin and phone records, court records show.

That cousin, Kevin Bluhm, is now also charged with being an accessory to a crime after the fact. Muskegon County Prosecutor D.J. Hilson said the charge against Bluhm is related to the death of Heeringa...

http://woodtv.com/2016/09/21/interv...to-willis-charges-in-jessica-heeringa-murder/

I agree with the above poster...though this is not unexpected, it still feels like a punch to the gut. Torn between being devastated for Jessica's family, and hopeful that they might at least learn where she is and what happened to her. I hope the Heeringa family can feel the love that our community has found for Jessica over these past 3+ years. She has never left our hearts and minds.

I hope we've also learned a hard lesson about assumptions, as there were SO many, both locally and online, who were sure the manager and/or gas station owner were responsible for Jessica's disappearance.

Tragedy can really bring out the best, and worst, in people.

I think what is difficult for some to wrap their heads around, is the actions of the manager, knowing that Jessica worked ALONE, and the manager WATCHING WHAT WAS OCCURRING BEHIND OR BESIDE THE STORE, and not doing anything to HELP Jessica. Even if she thought there was theft going on, the store WAS UNMANNED if Jessica was out back with someone else. The duties of a manager, in my opinion, if they feel there is WRONG DOING, THEN PERSONALLY CHECK IT OUT IN PERSON FACE TO FACE. If you know the store is unmanned, WHY WATCH? Why not say something to the employee? What kind of DUTIES does the manager have? If the manager was worried or curious enough to watch and CARED about Jessica, I personally would have thought she would have checked on Jessica after the fact, considering she WATCHED and gave a SKETCH of the person in the van.

I think THESE ACTIONS did not help the manager and these actions CAST DOUBT in public opinion.

In My Opinion Only.

I'm only just hearing of this arrest. Throw away the key on this

Accessory parts to a gun were found outside the gas station near Heeringa’s blood. Police believe the part goes with the gun later discovered in Willis’ van.

Police have also said the gun, found in a locked box under the driver's seat of Willis’ minivan, matched shell casings left behind where Bletsch was gunned down.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...one-records-gun-tie-willis-heeringa/90779960/

So there was more evidence left with Jessica's blood at the back of the gas station: parts to a gun. LE held that back.

Below are a quote and a link from MLIVE, but I can't seem to wrap quotes on my tablet. The route from the Exxon station to Willis' grandfather's house goes right by The Homestead and the coin store where the van was caught on surveillance video. It's a very short drive. It is literally a 5 minute drive from Exxon to his grandfather's house during low traffic times.

MLive Muskegon Chronicle shot a video to show some of the key locations and the shortest driving route from two important sites in the Heeringa case. In addition, MLive created an interactive map to provide a better understanding of each location's proximity to the others.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/09/7_key_locations_1_likely_route.html

Accessory parts to a gun were found outside the gas station near Heeringa’s blood. Police believe the part goes with the gun later discovered in Willis’ van.

So there was more evidence left with Jessica's blood at the back of the gas station: parts to a gun. LE held that back.

Yes!! I was surprised to hear that too, and very happy that there was some evidence left at the scene. The p22 Walthers is, in my opinion, not real common as Smith/Wesson, Sig...Ruger. So to find this gun accessory at the scene of the crime, and identified/verified by the original owner of the gun is great news. Since he had the gun at the scene of the crime, it would explain how he was able to kidnap her.

As time goes by we will probably find out more that connects Willis to Jessica. Maybe specific pictures on his computer or clothing found in his shed or something. I do wish they would find her though. But I am thinking the cousin is not the one that helped dig her back up and rebury her. Wonder who it was???

What a couple of days where having here first the ID of Lori Ruff, then Enrique Arochi getting found guilty of Aggravated Kidnapping of Christina Morris and now this monster getting charged with Jessica's Murder.

Yes!! I was surprised to hear that too, and very happy that there was some evidence left at the scene. The p22 Walthers is, in my opinion, not real common as Smith/Wesson, Sig...Ruger. So to find this gun accessory at the scene of the crime, and identified/verified by the original owner of the gun is great news. Since he had the gun at the scene of the crime, it would explain how he was able to kidnap her.

As time goes by we will probably find out more that connects Willis to Jessica. Maybe specific pictures on his computer or clothing found in his shed or something. I do wish they would find her though. But I am thinking the cousin is not the one that helped dig her back up and rebury her. Wonder who it was???

The cousin said in one statement that Jessica was hit over the head to get her in the van. Maybe he hit her with the gun and that is why a part was left at the scene.

Below are a quote and a link from MLIVE, but I can't seem to wrap quotes on my tablet. The route from the Exxon station to Willis' grandfather's house goes right by The Homestead and the coin store where the van was caught on surveillance video. It's a very short drive. It is literally a 5 minute drive from Exxon to his grandfather's house during low traffic times.

MLive Muskegon Chronicle shot a video to show some of the key locations and the shortest driving route from two important sites in the Heeringa case. In addition, MLive created an interactive map to provide a better understanding of each location's proximity to the others.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/09/7_key_locations_1_likely_route.html

Thanks for the article.
Am very surprised to learn of the gun part; glad LE found it.

They've been very careful with everything they've done. They made sure they found evidence on his computer before saying POI. They then went back to the house to try to get trace evidence as well as cell records.

I'm very shocked that his cousin threw his life (and his own family) out the window to cover for this sick monster. He knew better. I wonder if his wife will divorce him too or am I remembering wrong and he's not married?

Praying for Jessica's family, especially her little boy. I know LE are on a mission to find her remains: praying they do so her family can give her a proper burial.

Also want to add a prayer to the teen girl that got away. I hope at some point she can come to terms with all that happened and do something great in her life since she was very lucky to have survived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SGS3030