MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello friends. glad this is finally getting started. will we have live streaming?

- A jury has been selected and now it's on to opening statements Tuesday morning, May 8 at the trial of Jeffrey Willis for the murder of Jessica Heeringa.

Muskegon County Prosecutor D.J. Hilson is expected to call more than 30 witnesses. The trial should last all of this week and stretch into part of next week too.

The first witness is expected to take the stand following opening statements by Hilson and Willis' attorney, Muskegon County Public Defender Fred Johnson.

For years the investigation into the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa centered on a grainy photo of a silver van and a small drop of Jessica's blood found behind the Exxon store where she was working alone in April 2013.

The photo and blood were the two main clues for police to work from until April 2016 when a 16-year old girl identified Jeffrey WIllis as the man who tried to kidnap her on Green Creek Road north of Muskegon.

That big investigative break was what police needed to uncover a connection between Willis and Heeringa.

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news...al-for-death-of-jessica-heeringa/69-549700792

Hi I’m glad it is getting started too. I’ve tried searching for a livestream link but no luck yet.

LawandCrime.com will at least be streaming opening statements tomorrow. I think I read somewhere that this starts at 9:00...but could be wrong.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
4m
Tomorrow morning on Law & Crime Network opening statements in #JeffreyWillis accused of kidnapping and murdering #JessicaHeeringa and closing arguments in #RileyGaul accused of murdering #EmmaWalker

LawandCrime.com will at least be streaming opening statements tomorrow. I think I read somewhere that this starts at 9:00...but could be wrong.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
4m
Tomorrow morning on Law & Crime Network opening statements in #JeffreyWillis accused of kidnapping and murdering #JessicaHeeringa and closing arguments in #RileyGaul accused of murdering #EmmaWalker

Yes, the trial will be live streamed at Law & Crime:

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...ve-now-lawandcrime-network/law-crime-network/

As soon as the stream link is available it'll be posted on the right of that page but the openings will probably be on the main "network" page as well (linked above). See you all in the morning for his second helping of just desserts.

Heather Walker
@_HeatherWalker
·
32s
#JeffreyWillis in court. Opening statements about to star. #Bletsch family also here.

Wildabouttrial.com will also be streaming this.

Just did some quick reading so I can follow this trial. JW is a monster.

Hello all.. just trying to follow along with the trial...do we have anyone tweeting??
I am stuck at work and unable to stream the fblivestream.
TIA

Hello all.. just trying to follow along with the trial...do we have anyone tweeting??
TIA

I have a home office so I’m able to watch the livestream in the background. I checked twitter, though. Cathy Russon from Law and Crime Network is tweeting some but not play by play court tweets.

TIA

@DanaChicklas I don’t know how to copy the link over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting username he chose...

Dana Chicklas
@DanaChicklas
·
14m
Freres: Willis' eBay account username was "Godpart2" #JessicaHeeringa

Much of this sounds like Rebekah's trial. Will Willis take the stand again?

I don't know if Willis will take the stand again. I thought his excuses and attempts to explain everything suspicious did not help him at all during Rebekah's murder trial. So it would be a plus for the prosecution during Jessica's trial if he did. But I believe the defense attorney is intelligent enough to see that Willis's testimony will be a liability to them again, and so will discourage it. It is, however, Willis's right to testify on his own behalf and he is a narcissist, deluded enough to think this jury will believe him this time. I'd say the odds are 50/50 he takes stand, against the advice of his counsel.

This trial is going to be tough to watch. I am convinced of JW's guilt in Jessica's kidnapping and murder; but there is much less physical evidence in her case than Rebekah's. If I sat on this jury, would I be convinced, based on the evidence alone? His lies, the phone pings, and the evidence in the other cases? I don't know if that is enough, that I would be convinced past a reasonable doubt to convict him of Jessica's kidnapping and murder. If Kevin Bluhm takes the stand, yeah. Or if Bluhm's entire statement about seeing Jessica's body is admitted, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member