Still Missing MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by imamaze, May 1, 2013.

1. LietKynes

LietKynes "What do you despise? By this you are truly known"

Thanks for the updates everyone.
    Still no Jessica. :(

2. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

On December 3, 2019, Willis asked an appeals court to grant him a new trial in Jessica’s murder. The state Court of Appeals will issue a written opinion in the coming days. Jessica’s body has not been found. Police told Dateline they continue to search but have no leads as to Jessica’s location.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

loreet, LietKynes, Roselvr and 3 others like this.
  3. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Hopefully his appeal for a new trial won’t be granted. Thank you for the updates @JerseyGirl

loreet, Luckyzmom, LietKynes and 3 others like this.
  4. gregjrichards

Jessica and her loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers today and everyday. I really hope a breakthrough is made in finding Jessica.

Bethan, loreet, neverletgo and 5 others like this.
  5. loreet

loreet Well-Known Member

The Michigan Court of Appeals just released their opinion of JW’s appeal online. His argument for a new trial is found to be without merit and the lower court’s decision has been affirmed.

http://publicdocs.courts.mi.gov/OPINIONS/FINAL/COA/20191226_C344561_47_344561.OPN.PDF

This opinion is not surprising. As an indigent, this is Willis’s only appeal unless he can come up with funds on his own or find someone to take his case pro bono. Which is highly doubtful.

Prayers to Jessica’s family as I know this news isn’t helpful in locating their beloved daughter/sister/mother.

jash, Bethan, gregjrichards and 3 others like this.
  6. gregjrichards

“The Michigan appeals court has affirmed the conviction of a man in the disappearance and death of a gas station clerk in western Michigan.

Some evidence found at Jeffrey Willis' home should have been excluded at trial, the court said, but it doesn't outweigh other “strong untainted evidence” that showed he was responsible for Jessica Heeringa's death.”

Court affirms conviction in gas station clerk Jessica Heeringa's murder

jash, Bethan, Luckyzmom and 1 other person like this.
  7. gregjrichards

Thank you for this update I’m glad he won’t be leaving prison as I truly believe he is a very dangerous and sick individual.

Jessica’s family are in my thoughts and prayers and prayers they have stated publicly many times on their official Facebook page Find Jessica Heeringa that they do not believe he did kill her and that Jessica is still alive somewhere. They state “No body, no justice”.

jash, Bethan, Luckyzmom and 1 other person like this.
  8. loreet

loreet Well-Known Member

I personally believe as the courts have, that Willis abducted and murdered Jessica. But I also understand her family’s belief and hope that Jessica is still alive somewhere. I don’t know when or how I would give up my own hope in the same situation.

Willis is sick and violent and deserves to live the rest of his life behind bars and fade into obscurity. I doubt he has anyone putting money on his account or sending him Securepaks. Or visiting. Or sending letters and cards.

DianeElaine, travelbug, jash and 4 others like this.