GUILTY MI - Jessica White, 21, Troy, 23 April 2016

I have a problem with the "search" that was conducted of the house. When I filed a missing persons report on my brother the first time he left, the detective came to my house, asked if he could look around (of course) and that included opening up every attic/crawlspace opening in closets and my laundry room. This obviously wasn't done here.

It wouldn't have helped her by the time they were searching, but it would have given her family and friends the answer sooner.

If I wasn't working tonight, I'd go to the vigil. I'll be thinking about her.

I don't recall either investigating PD (Troy or Hazel Park) having an official search warrant. I kept reading about the family being "cooperative" which probably means that they allowed a cursory search of the house. Since no evidence of Jessica was found during these searches, I think LE would have needed probable cause and a court-issued search warrant to probe the home more deeply. Obviously, Jordan knew where the body was from the start, but it seems that other family members were unaware of Jessica's remains hidden in the attic that was accessed from Jordan's bedroom.

I'm unable to attend the vigil but will keep Jessica and her family in my thoughts and prayers this evening. :rose:

WDIV's Jason Colthorp interviewed Jordan's farther that will air on the 5:00 newscast. I'll be tuned in.

Paraphrasing Jason Colthorp's report (WDIV, Channel 4), Jordan's father said that his son and Jessica had cocktails on Saturday night (4/23) and that Jordan was also taking pain pills not prescribed to him. Mr. McClanahan believes that Jordan might have blacked out and killed Jessica in an alcoholic/drug-induced state. Jessica's family doesn't buy this explanation. They think Jordan has been infatuated with Jessica, but she did not reciprocate. Jordan's father and older brother discovered the body in the attic when Jordan told his dad that he had done something bad. Besides strangling Jessica with a belt, Jordan also violated Jessica's body sexually (necrophilia).

...Mike McClanahan said his son Jordan was with White in their Hazel Park home that Friday. The father said they were having a mixed drink, but Jordan also was taking pills for his back which were not prescribed to him.

"I don't think he remembers anything. He done them drugs and drank on top of it and something happened to him," said Mike McClanahan.

By Tuesday, after police had been through the house, Mike McClanahan said his son Jordan was ready to get something off his chest.

"'Something's wrong, dad, something's wrong.' I said, 'What?' He said, 'I might have done something bad, dad,'" said Mike.

That's when Mike and his older son searched the house again. They looked in the crawl space this time and found the body...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/charges-expected-after-womans-body-found-in-attic-man-held_

omg. that poor girl. I hope all that desecration was done after she could no longer see or feel it :(

Severed fingertips and sex with a corpse. Absolutely horrific! :eek:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...5/charges-filed-jessica-white-death/83974466/

"I went to a party store and we were drinking and my dad ... ”

And AND AND!?

Is he under arrest?

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/oak...e-after-her-body-was-found-in-hazel-park-home
“Jordan's dad is cussing him out. this is awkward.”.

Way more than "awkward" HELLO !?

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/04...ho-disappeared-after-sending-suspicious-text/
"However, when police contacted the home where she was visiting, the homeowner denied that either he or his son knew White."

SO He cussed him out in front of her (she texted about it) and THEN DENIED that they knew her!

Is the kid taking a fall for the Dad? What kid wraps a body in plastic, hides her in the attic and cuts off her finger prints? Do kids have that kind of self control after they lack the self control to not kill some young Woman? OH, so they would not panic cry and scream? Then get Dad to help? Or.... Did dad threaten the kid. Hmmmmm.

Yes I am speculating but I have seen that it is not the kids who lose control. And it's not the kids who direct the lies.

" We don't know her"

SMDH

:cow:

Paraphrasing Jason Colthorp's report (WDIV, Channel 4), Jordan's father said that his son and Jessica had cocktails on Saturday night (4/23) and that Jordan was also taking pain pills not prescribed to him. Mr. McClanahan believes that Jordan might have blacked out and killed Jessica in an alcoholic/drug-induced state. Jessica's family doesn't buy this explanation. They think Jordan has been infatuated with Jessica, but she did not reciprocate. Jordan's father and older brother discovered the body in the attic when Jordan told his dad that he had done something bad. Besides strangling Jessica with a belt, Jordan also violated Jessica's body sexually (necrophilia).

...Mike McClanahan said his son Jordan was with White in their Hazel Park home that Friday. The father said they were having a mixed drink, but Jordan also was taking pills for his back which were not prescribed to him.

"I don't think he remembers anything. He done them drugs and drank on top of it and something happened to him," said Mike McClanahan.

By Tuesday, after police had been through the house, Mike McClanahan said his son Jordan was ready to get something off his chest.

"'Something's wrong, dad, something's wrong.' I said, 'What?' He said, 'I might have done something bad, dad,'" said Mike.

That's when Mike and his older son searched the house again. They looked in the crawl space this time and found the body...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/charges-expected-after-womans-body-found-in-attic-man-held_

I'm not buying it.

Why did she say that the dad was "cussing him out"? Did Jordan object to dad getting lecherous with the girl? If not why did the Dad lie about knowing her? To protect himself IMO.

If the kid and JW were together and the Dad was innocent he could just say yes she was here.

He's in on it one way or the other and I say the other.

The only truth here is her text message.

:moo:

...Is the kid taking a fall for the Dad? What kid wraps a body in plastic, hides her in the attic and cuts off her finger prints? Do kids have that kind of self control after they lack the self control to not kill some young Woman? OH, so they would not panic cry and scream? Then get Dad to help? Or.... Did dad threaten the kid. Hmmmmm.

Yes I am speculating but I have seen that it is not the kids who lose control. And it's not the kids who direct the lies.

Respectfully <snipped>

Unless (or until) Mr. McClanahan is arrested or charged in Jessica's death, I don't want to speculate on his involvement. That said, you make some good points about the father and what he knows about what really happened that night. Father and son seemed joined at the hip from the get-go. First, denying that they knew Jessica. Then, Jordan tells Jessica's mother that he dropped her off at home in Troy on Saturday morning, then alters his story to say he took her to Detroit. When Father and son talk to Hazel Park LE, they change their initial story of not knowing Jessica and minimize their involvement in her "disappearance".

In one of the articles/interviews, Jordan's dad said that Jessica, whom he now acknowledges was at the house, was very drunk. I wonder if that's true, or if MM simply wanted to cover for his son and make Jessica look bad. Later, Jordan's dad starts promoting alcohol/drug use as his son's defense, and that is what Jordan tells the Judge during his arraignment. It does sound like Jordan's dad is pulling the strings and telling his son what to say. I wonder if Mr. McClanahan thought he'd get the reward money if he encouraged his son to turn himself in.

I think there will be a lot more to this scenario by the time Jordan has a preliminary hearing on May 17. He'll probably have court-appointed counsel before then, and Jordan's story might change again once he understands the charges and the possible life sentence he's facing. :moo:

While reading your post, Steleheart, I couldn't help humming a longtime local jingle for a construction company. "We're Father and Son. We get it done."

In my opinion, the , Jordan did not fully act alone. How could someone not know or hear when he was hurting/killing (sorry) her. Sounds like they have a houseful. What an awful tragedy. This is only about 30 mins from where I am so it is all over the local news and my facebook feed.

The only family members that I've seen mentioned so far are Mike McClanahan (Jordan's father), and an older brother. Are there other family members who live in the home in Hazel Park? According to Jessica's last text message, Jordan and his father were arguing, so they were both at home in the wee hours. Who else was in the house when Jessica was brutally murdered?

The only family members that I've seen mentioned so far are Mike McClanahan (Jordan's father), and an older brother. Are there other family members who live in the home in Hazel Park? According to Jessica's last text message, Jordan and his father were arguing, so they were both at home in the wee hours. Who else was in the house when Jessica was brutally murdered?

Can't find it, may have read an article to quick. Checking today and only seeing him and his dad that lived there. https://www.facebook.com/jordan.mcclanahan.73?fref=ts

Jessica Leigh White, died April 23, 2016. She was 21 years of age. Jessica was born on August 8, 1994, loving daughter of Brad and Karen (Terry) White.

Jessica was a down to earth young lady who had a loving and giving heart. She loved children and enjoyed babysitting when ever she was able. Jessica loved painting and was an avid reader. She also enjoyed going out with friends and loved dancing...

http://faulmannwalsh.com/book-of-memories/2490259/White--Jessica/obituary.php

"Jordan also was taking pills for his back which were not prescribed to him."

So with a bad back he was taking meds for he also maneuvered a corpse UP into the attic secretly by himself?

MOO

"Jordan also was taking pills for his back which were not prescribed to him."

So with a bad back he was taking meds for he also maneuvered a corpse UP into the attic secretly by himself?

MOO

I assume that Jessica was killed, sexually violated, and disfigured in Jordan's bedroom, so he could have dragged her into the attic. Still difficult with back problems, but Jordan had drugs and alcohol in his system and was likely feeling no pain.

Jordan's dad is promoting the alcohol/drug addiction as an excuse for his son's behavior. I think a defense attorney will capitalize on this and ask for a mental health evaluation. I also anticipate Jordan's defense to challenge the confession, whether or not his client was apprised of his rights, questioned by LE without an attorney present, etc. The preliminary hearing should be interesting.

Family, friends remember woman found dead in Hazel Park home

Jordan McClanahan charged with killing Jessica White

By Mara MacDonald - Reporter

Posted: 10:26 PM, May 06, 2016
Updated: 11:39 PM, May 06, 2016

HAZEL PARK, Mich. - More than 200 friends, family and strangers wore all things purple Friday to honor Jessica White, who was found in a home on Hazelwood Avenue wrapped in tarp after missing almost a week.

Her longtime friend, Jordan McClanahan, has been charged with killing her.

Friday night was an opportunity for loved ones to remember the young woman, not how she died. Friends spoke of her kindness, children told the crowd she was their favorite babysitter and her parents thanked everyone for coming.

They walked eight blocks to the home where she was found and said a prayer. Her funeral is scheduled for Monday...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/family-friends-remember-woman-found-dead-in-hazel-park-home

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back