GUILTY MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)

I DVR Dr. Phil and I watched the show from yesterday. I need to go back and read the thread but I cannot understand this mother's attitude and her "flippant" behavior. It seems poor little Kate was a pawn in the relationship. I will never understand someone loving a partner more than a child....never

All my opinion until I read the thread...

Okay, so I watched the Dr. Phil program today (at work! shhh... don't tell)

I found it very interesting that she states that Sean NEVER doubted the paternity of baby Kate. They were only getting the DNA test for insurance purposes. Yeaahhhhh, riiiiigggghhhhht.... Ummmmhmmmmm...

I canNOT believe Ariel. She truly still focuses so much on Sean. She admits that she believes that baby Kate died that day, but totally believes that Sean did something accidentally. And, it sounded to me like she completely would forgive him and move on with him if/when possible. She does completely focus more on Shawn than on baby Kate. Why??? It is obvious that they did not have a healthy relationship.

Also, I found her to be unbelievable at best. She doesn't want to get caught telling something that may contradict previous statements, but she does that several times during the show.

Okay, so I watched the Dr. Phil program today (at work! shhh... don't tell)

I found it very interesting that she states that Sean NEVER doubted the paternity of baby Kate. They were only getting the DNA test for insurance purposes. Yeaahhhhh, riiiiigggghhhhht.... Ummmmhmmmmm...

I canNOT believe Ariel. She truly still focuses so much on Sean. She admits that she believes that baby Kate died that day, but totally believes that Sean did something accidentally. And, it sounded to me like she completely would forgive him and move on with him if/when possible. She does completely focus more on Shawn than on baby Kate. Why??? It is obvious that they did not have a healthy relationship.

Also, I found her to be unbelievable at best. She doesn't want to get caught telling something that may contradict previous statements, but she does that several times during the show.

I had taped it and watched it tonight. Close to the end of the show, when Dr. Phil asked her if she had anything to do with the death of her child, and 3 similar questions, she closed her eyes just a second b4 answering each one. The first one she looked away, then closed her eyes.

Now I know nothing about body language, except what I have read on here and seen on TV, but IMO, that was extremely evasive. I'm gonna go back and watch again. JMO

She also stated that they needed DNA to prove paternity to the insurance company because Shawn was away in the military during Kate's birth and couldn't sign the birth cert. I'm no expert about the military and children (though my brother is a combat vet). I would assume that with America being engaged in active wars for the last 11 years, thousands of soldiers were not home to sign birth certificates in the hospital. Any one know how this is handled? Do they all have to do DNA tests after their tour? That seems like a lie from Ariel but I don't know. It just doesn't sound right.
I 100% agree with those of you who also said she was all about Shawn and barely concerned with baby Kate. It was sickening.

I have never heard of that with the Military but then it isn't really a topic thrown into conversations. I will just assume she is lying.

Right from the start she didn't care about Kate, she was already at some kind of peace with her being dead when she stated to reporters that donations would help with funeral costs.....if needed. I don't know how she lives with herself, my conscience would eat me alive but then i guess you actually have to have a conscience in the first place and a woman who was willing to marry the man that killed her child has not got one IMO. I have thought about this a lot and i can honestly say that i would have a hard time being around my husband if he accidentally killed our child, never mind if he killed and then hid the body and refused to tell me where. My head would be a mess thinking about my baby out there alone, rotting. Unless of course i actually knew where she was and what happened.

I just had to come on and make a quick comment. Let me preface this by saying that I've never heard anything about this case, never read anything about it, and haven't read any of this thread except for scanning the most recent page here. But I gotta say, I just finished watching the Dr. Phil episode on dvr, and these people make me SICK. My blood is boiling. Ariel (the mom), Sean (the dad), and Annette (the dad's lawyer). What uncaring, lying, despicable people all three of them are. Ariel obviously does not give a CRAP about that baby. And the lawyer, if she knows where the baby is (Sean apparently said that he told her where the baby is) is refusing to tell. Ariel said that she passed two polygraphs; if not for that, I would 100% believe that she knows exactly what happened to that baby. I didn't see one iota of grief out of her the entire show, including the preinterviews. At the end, she started crying, but that was only after the dad's lawyer was "throwing her under the bus", as I believe she put it. UGHHH. She immediately reminded me of Baby Lisa Irwin's mother. Just sickening.

It was never confirmed by LE that the mother passed the lie detector tests. The mother stated in her 911 call that the dna test was for child support. Baby Kates dna test was cancelled before she was even missing. During court, a note came out from dad stating he gave her away. later, the letter to mom that she is no longer alive. Why is no one looking for this baby??????? One more thing, can someone tell me how to post links from a cell phone? That's whyI never post here, I cant figure it out.

It has, but thank you. She is a lying *bleep* just trying to defend that monster. He knows where he left Kate or who he gave/sold her to and he's fine doing his time, at least it's not a life sentence for Murder. Maybe they'll get married and live happily ever after once he's released.

I was hoping when i saw her name on the front page that there was new info, sadly i don't think we will ever know what happened and that is extremely tragic.

Nothing should shock me anymore but this does.

Nothing should shock me anymore but this does.

My heart skips a beat whenever i see a new post for Baby Kate. It's sad she can just disappear and he's sitting there knowing what he did and there's nothing anyone can do.

I hope he doesn't get far with it. He knows where he left her. He can stay in there and drive himself crazy thinking about it. He took her life and doesn't deserve to have his JMO.

Baby Kate case news conference April 3
9 a.m. in Ludington

Authorities in Ludington will conduct a news conference Wednesday, in which they will release more details regarding the disappearance and presumed death of a 4-month-old girl.

The body or remains of Katherine Phillips, also known as Baby Kate, have never been found. She was reported missing in June 2011.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/nw_mich/baby-kate-case-news-conference-on-april-3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back