GUILTY MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)

I was gone almost all day yesterday and came here to see if Baby Kate was found. I am trying to keep the hope that she is alive but it doesn't look good. :(

My hope is fading, too. If someone had her, wouldn't they come forward by now to risk charges??

I read in the comments on one of the news articles that Kate's diaper bag was found in the trunk.

katherine-phillips-fb-07011_20110701123803_640_480.JPG

Praying for you, doll baby. God bless and protect this precious child.

Local newspaper says there are no updates as of noon but there will be a presser at 2 P.M. (eastern). According to this same paper, Sean told Ariel around 5:15 P.M. yesterday that Katherine is still alive.

I hope and pray that <modsnip> is telling the truth.

From today's press conference.

Saturday, July 2, 2011
2:30 p.m. update:

The ground search for baby Kate has been completed.

The clothing the infant was last seen wearing have been located, but police did not disclose where they were found.

http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/news/59007-prayer-vigil-tonight?newsgroup_id=

Also, a prayer vigil will be held tonight at Copeyon Park.

Volunteers can pick up flyers today at the Ludington Police Dept., 308 S Harrison.

Anyone with information is asked to call (231) 869-5858 or Silent Observer at 1-800 STOP CRIME.

My friend is in charge of organizing the Independence Day parade for Ludington. A local donor (do not know if it was an individual or a business) has donated funds for thousands of fliers to be printed and distributed during the parade Monday. Hopefully they will not be needed and little Kate will be found before then.

From today's press conference.

http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/news/59007-prayer-vigil-tonight?newsgroup_id=

Also, a prayer vigil will be held tonight at Copeyon Park.

Volunteers can pick up flyers today at the Ludington Police Dept., 308 S Harrison.

Anyone with information is asked to call (231) 869-5858 or Silent Observer at 1-800 STOP CRIME.

Clothing located?
That's disturbing ...
either there was no need for that clothing
or
clothing discarded to confuse searchers....

If Baby Kate's clothing was found, that could mean that someone is caring for the baby and changed her into clean clothes. But why would someone discard her dirty clothes rather than to wash them???? Or it could mean she didn't need the clothes any more--which is a scary thought. Someone could have planted the clothes to confuse or mislead police or thrown them away just to get rid of them. I wish we knew where they were found and if there was a used diaper with them. Was a diaper bag taken with the baby? If so, has it been found? Were the clothes, maybe, found with the diaper bag (if it was found)? So many questions and so few answers. On my side of Michigan (opposite of where baby was kidnapped) its 97 degrees and humid. A baby would dehydrate pretty fast if outside. I hope the baby is with someone who is caring for her and that she is inside in air conditioning and being fed and changed. Its just maddening that Sean won't talk and tell what he did with the baby. This could all end quickly if he would just talk and tell the truth. People seem very surprised that Sean would do anything like this. Several people who knew him, including the baby's mother, and he had been a decent guy and a good father to his other child.

I recall reading somewhere that he felt he couldn't afford another child, and wanted the mother to give the baby up for adoption.

Could he have given her to someone permanently? Ditched the clothes she was wearing so she wouldn't be as easily recognizable?

If Baby Kate's clothing was found, that could mean that someone is caring for the baby and changed her into clean clothes. But why would someone discard her dirty clothes rather than to wash them???? Or it could mean she didn't need the clothes any more--which is a scary thought. Someone could have planted the clothes to confuse or mislead police or thrown them away just to get rid of them. I wish we knew where they were found and if there was a used diaper with them. Was a diaper bag taken with the baby? If so, has it been found? Were the clothes, maybe, found with the diaper bag (if it was found)? So many questions and so few answers. On my side of Michigan (opposite of where baby was kidnapped) its 97 degrees and humid. A baby would dehydrate pretty fast if outside. I hope the baby is with someone who is caring for her and that she is inside in air conditioning and being fed and changed. Its just maddening that Sean won't talk and tell what he did with the baby. This could all end quickly if he would just talk and tell the truth. People seem very surprised that Sean would do anything like this. Several people who knew him, including the baby's mother, and he had been a decent guy and a good father to his other child.

In one of the articles it stated the diaper bag was found in the trunk of Sean's car. I don't believe it mentioned anything about its contents. I also recall reading that Ariel's cell phone was with the baby (I assume in the diaper bag) and that they were trying to locate Katherine via pinging the phone.

According to what I have read, LE were called to Ariel's apartment at 1:15. Sean was seen at Wendy's between 1 and 2, but Katherine was not with him. However, he could have left her in the car while he went inside. About an hour and a half later (from my understanding) he was located at his parent's house on Millerton Road and there was no sign of Katherine. This is a fairly tight timeline. It would take 10-20 minutes to get to his parents' house from Wendy's. I am quite curious to know why there is interest in Hackert (Crystal) Lake. It is directly on his way home from Wendy's.

Sadly, I cannot imagine a positive outcome. I do not know Sean so I cannot speculate on his character. However, being from Ludington I do not believe that people there would not cover up for this guy. If anyone knew where Katherine was, they would come forward. Most of the people in town are talking about this sweet baby and not saying the nicest things about what they would like to do to get dad to talk. It is difficult for me to believe anyone is keeping a secret. That being said, I HOPE I AM TERRIBLY WRONG.

Is it possible Sean took Kathrine to Wendy's, left her in the car and when he came back she was not breathing? Maybe he then panicked and now we are looking for little Katherine.

Just checking in for little Kate.

Was hoping to find good news when II got here.

Finding clothes she was last seen in does not sound good to me nor does the amount of time that has passed.

Praying and hoping.

I cannot believe we still have not found this little baby! Lord, please help us!

still no word....

well, I sure hope that mom is right and they are getting close.......

prayers

Its late evening in this part of the world..... I was so hoping that you would have been found by now and safely back with your mother.... she so loves you.

Prayers that Baby Kate is found today!

I definitely don't like the news that her clothes were found :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member