MI - Kathleene Schattilly for torture and child abuse charges, 2012

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by longtallcold, Jan 31, 2012.

1. longtallcold

longtallcold What happened to Nancy Jenkins?

http://www.wnem.com/story/16642408/woman-arraigned-on-torture-child-abuse-charges

Well, maybe finally someone did their job before they ended up "missing" by strangers in the middle of the night.

2. tiredblondy

tiredblondy New Member

3. tiredblondy

tiredblondy New Member

4. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

5. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Does anyone else find it kind of odd that no information is being released on why this woman was arrested? I think it is strange. I don't think I've seen that before. I have no idea whether the woman is innocent or guilty, but would like to see some information released so we can get a feel for what this case is about. I don't understand the complete news black-out. Unless it was really horrifying and they don't want people out on her porch with stakes.

I read the daughter's statement at NMK's link and she says everything was fine. That may or may not be true. It could be the mother posting as the daughter. I just find it curious that they won't release the reason for the arrest.

6. Jan

Jan New Member

This case is fairly close to where we live and we go to Frankenmuth often. Its a popular tourist town without much crime. I'll like to know exactly what it is that this woman is charged with doing. I noticed that her other 3 children were removed from the home and then returned to her. She can't be too dangerous if they returned 3 children to her home. It appears that the charges are based on the word of 2 foster/adopted children who already had some serious emotional problems from previous abuse or neglect. Before believing that this woman did what she is charged with doing, I'd have to hear more details and see some proof. The children may have lied, especially if they were angry at her and/or didn't want to follow her rules. Its possible that this mother is the victim and not the children. And its also possible that she did abuse the children but I'm reserving judgement until I know all the details.

7. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

2014:

http://www.wnem.com/story/24907123/child-abuse-charges-dropped-against-saginaw-co-woman

2015 lawsuit (dismissed):

https://casetext.com/case/schattilly-v-daugharty-1