GUILTY MI - Kayla White, 23, pregnant, killed in fiery crash, Southfield, 11 Nov 2014

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by BetteDavisEyes, Nov 12, 2014.

1. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Pregnant woman killed in fiery crash on Lodge Freeway

Kayla Lucille White identified as victim

Published On: Nov 12 2014 12:28:40 PM EST

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. -
    Michigan State Police have identified a 23-year-old pregnant woman as the one who was killed Tuesday in a fiery crash on the Lodge Freeway.

Kayla Lucille White's Jeep Liberty was rear-ended in the northbound lanes near Telegraph Road by the driver of a Cadillac who was "not paying attention," police said in a statement...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/pregnant-woman-killed-in-fiery-crash-on-lodge-freeway/29678382

2. Loading...

3. BetteDavisEyes

Pregnant woman dead in fiery crash on Lodge Freeway

Candice Williams and Holly Fournier, The Detroit News 6:05 p.m. EST November 11, 2014

Southfield — A woman was killed Tuesday afternoon in a fiery crash involving four vehicles on the Lodge Freeway at Telegraph, according to Michigan State Police.

Kayla White, 23, was killed when her 2003 Jeep Liberty was struck from behind, causing the vehicle to overturn and catch fire. White, of Ferndale, was pregnant and in her third trimester at the time of the crash, according to police...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...iery-crash-lodge-freeway-southfield/18881777/

4. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

interesting that they are awaiting blood test results in addition to the autopsy report on the woman who was killed, not the driver who killed her.

5. BetteDavisEyes

Safety Of Vehicle Under Scrutiny After Pregnant Woman Dies In Freeway Explosion

November 12, 2014 8:19 PM

DETROIT (WWJ) — The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says there were 58 deaths involving Jeep Libertys from the 2002 through 2007 models years where the vehicle caught fire in a rear-impact crash.

Chrysler has issued a recall — but denies a defect. The issue with the Jeeps in question was fuel tank leaks and fires after a rear-end collision, with the gas tank being located behind the rear axle...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/11...ter-pregnant-woman-dies-in-freeway-explosion/

6. BetteDavisEyes

Berman: Rush hour accident shatters a family's hopes

Laura Berman, The Detroit News 10:39 a.m. EST November 13, 2014

Kayla White was never late to work.

Never.

When she didn't show up for her hostess job at Andiamo in Bloomfield Hills at 5 p.m. Tuesday, the general manager, Florina Boyle, worried. When she realized Kayla's cellphone was off, "I knew," said Boyle, who worked with Kayla for eight years, watching her grow from a teenager to a "lovely young woman, " and become a close friend.

Boyle called Kayla's father, Russ White, who immediately drove the route his daughter would have, expecting to find her by the side of the road. As he turned off Interstate 696 toward Telegraph, he saw flashing red lights and wreckage. "They wouldn't let me near the car," he said Wednesday afternoon...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...our-accident-shatters-familys-hopes/18947177/

7. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

I would hope that his blood alcohol level was tested. Although it doesn't sound as if he was drunk. But the driver who hits the car from behind is usually the one at fault. So he could face criminal charges even if he was not drunk.
    It's a horrible tragedy. People should be paying attention while driving.

8. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

distracted driving usually means texting these days ...

9. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://triblive.com/business/headlines/7757982-74/jeep-chrysler-jeeps#axzz3Ts715OSF

10. michmi

michmi New Member

The distracted driving also could be due to an early dementia - my mom plowed into the back of a police car a few miles north of there and it was actually the first indicator that something was going on with her. Her ability to pay attention to multiple things while driving was the main reason for this crash, and I thanked God the police officer wasn't hurt.

That doesn't absolve Chrysler of their responsibility, especially seeing that Kayla had tried to get her vehicle repaired just before this happened. I had a car that had been recalled a few years before (Chevy) and I found the dealership very reluctant to repair the vehicle. It took 4 separate visits by me before they figured out I wasn't going away and they ordered the kit or part to fix my car. I really think they hope people will just give up or the car is traded or sold so they never have to fix it.

11. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From May:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...-sentence-wreck-caused-womans-death/27224533/