MI MI - Kaylah Hunter, 6, & Kristian Justice, 7 months, mother found deceased, Detroit, 24 May 2014

June 12, 2014 at 7:51 am

Father arrested in Atlanta; Detroit police search for missing kids

Tony Briscoe and George Hunter/The Detroit News

Detroit — The father of one of two missing Detroit children was arrested in Atlanta on Wednesday in the slaying of the children’s mother, Alicia Fox, a police source familiar with the investigation told The Detroit News.

A second man police believe was an accessory to her death is also in custody. He was arrested in Detroit, the source said.

A warrant was signed Wednesday accusing Erin Justice — father of one of the missing children, 8-month-old Kristian Justice — of killing Fox and leaving her in an abandoned house on the city’s west side, the source said.

Detroit police detectives flew to Atlanta to bring Justice to Michigan, where he is expected to be charged with first-degree murder, the source said.

The search for Kristian and his 6-year-old sister, Kaylah Hunter, continued Wednesday. Police gathered at a home on the block where Fox and the children had recently lived and began digging around 6 p.m. Wednesday; police remained at the scene at 11:30 p.m...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140611/METRO01/306110058/#ixzz34QkhpDtS

Father of missing Detroit child arrested in Atlanta

Sources: Detectives find traces of blood during search in house on Ardmore Street

Author: Troy A. Blevins, Online Editor, Producer (@troyblevins)

Published On: Jun 12 2014 12:57:23 AM EDT Updated On: Jun 12 2014 07:27:01 AM EDT

DETROIT -
The father of one of two missing Detroit children has been arrested in Atlanta, according to jail records.

Police found Erin Justice at a family member's house there. He is currently being held at Fulton County Jail in Georgia...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/father-of-missing-detroit-child-arrested-in-atlanta/26451552

Brief article with video.

Summary of press conference per live feed from WDIV:

Presser conducted by Detroit Police Chief. Task force also includes Michigan State Police and FBI.

Erin Justice was arrested in Atlanta based on warrant from Wayne County Prosecutor. Murder charge. Justice is in custody in Atlanta and is being questioned by homicide team.

Focus of investigation is finding the children. Investigators trying to get information from Justice.

Blood evidence found at the former family home on Ardmore. No determination of source yet.

A 27-year-old male (not identified) was arrested as an "accessory after the fact". In custody in Detroit.

Amber Alert wouldn't have helped the investigation.

Brief update following presser:

Murder charge issued in case of slain Detroit woman whose children are missing

DETROIT -
A warrant for murder has been filed in the case of a slain Detroit woman whose two children are missing.

Detroit Police Chief James Craig said the Wayne County Prosecutor's office had signed off on the warrant for Erin Justice.

Justice, Alicia Fox's husband, was released after being interviewed Tuesday by FBI agents in Atlanta. But Craig said he was arrested Wednesday evening and is awaiting extradition back to Michigan...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...oit-woman-whose-children-are-missing/26453884

Another update following presser:

2 Arrests In Detroit Mother’s Murder As Search Continues For Her Kids

June 12, 2014 11:08 AM

DETROIT (WWJ) – The father of one of two missing Detroit kids was arrested in Atlanta on Wednesday in the slaying of the children’s mother, Alicia Fox.

That’s according to Detroit Police Chief James Craig, who updated reporters on the case later Thursday morning.

A second suspect, a 27-year-old man who police believe was an accessory to her death, is also in custody. He was arrested in Detroit.

A warrant was signed Wednesday accusing Erin Justice — father of one of the missing children, Kristian Justice — of killing Fox and leaving her body in an abandoned house on the city’s west side...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/06...or-murder-as-police-continue-search-for-kids/

<snipped>

Relatives searching for Fox received a tip and found her body in the basement of the vacant house about six miles from her home and called police.

<snipped>

A 27-year-old man has been charged with being an accessory after the fact. The prosecutor's office said he allegedly knew about Fox's slaying. He is scheduled to be arraigned Friday.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/12/alicia-fox-killed-charges_n_5487630.html

Wonder if the man charged with accessory was the one who tipped off family members. Seems odd that someone would alert family rather than LE. And person who alerted family obviously knew where the body was located. Person with guilty conscience for his involvement?

I hope those sweet children are still alive and will be found soon!

I have to wonder if this has anything to do with the bodies found in 2 suitcases in WI? The bodies were found in small suitcases and are female. At first LE could not tell the gender of one of the bodies (maybe because it was a baby?).

The bodies were badly decomposed and were found by highway maintenance workers who were mowing.

Possibility? I'm trying to find a link because the one I was trying to post did not work. The WI. article(s) read as if the bodies might be adult but doesn't really say. The bodies were found in small pink and black suitcases.

Thanks.

ETA: I'm sorry, I really thought the two children were females!

He's already got murder charges..you'd think that he'd just tell investigators where the kids are if they're alive. I'm glad that investigators aren't giving up on them. Justice may have told them the kids are ok. I'm hoping for the best. JMO

June 13, 2014 at 9:30 am

Man accused of being accessory after Alicia Fox's death due in court

Tony Briscoe/The Detroit News

Detroit — A man accused of helping a husband who authorities say fatally shot his wife is scheduled to appear in court Friday while authorities continue to search for the woman’s two missing children, according to the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office.

Timothy Jones, 27, of Detroit is expected to be arraigned Friday afternoon in 36th District Court on being an accessory after the fact to a felony in connection with the shooting death of Alicia Fox, Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Maria Miller said. The offense is punishable by up to five years in prison...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140613/METRO01/306130065#ixzz34WhdmvVu

2 Men Charged In Detroit Mom’s Death; Kids Still Missing

June 13, 2014 6:58 AM

DETROIT (WWJ/AP) – The husband of a 26-year-old woman whose decomposed body was found in a dilapidated Detroit home has been charged with her murder as police continue to search for her missing children.

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy on Thursday issued multiple charges against 28-year-old Erin Justice, including first degree murder and felon in possession of a firearm, in connection with the death of Alicia Fox. Justice is currently being held in an Atlanta, Georgia jail and is said to be fighting extradition to Michigan.

Also charged in the case is 27-year-old Timothy Jones, who is expected to be arraigned on one count of accessory after the fact in 36th District Court on Friday. The prosecutor’s office said Jones, who was arrested in Detroit, allegedly knew about Fox’s slaying...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/06/13/2-men-charged-in-detroit-moms-death-kids-missing/

Oh no :(
Where could these babies be? Would someone want them badly enough to kill mom?
Or were they upset with mom and killed her and the children were just bystanders ?

I don`t have much hope for the children being found alive but I would be happy to be wrong.

Oh crap, when I posted I did not see the above comments. So this is really not looking good :(

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/12/alicia-fox-killed-charges_n_5487630.html

Wonder if the man charged with accessory was the one who tipped off family members. Seems odd that someone would alert family rather than LE. And person who alerted family obviously knew where the body was located. Person with guilty conscience for his involvement?

I hope those sweet children are still alive and will be found soon!

It's entirely possible that TJ knew the whereabouts of Ms. Fox and might know where the children are located. If he was coerced into helping Justice hide evidence, it would be in Jones' best interest to tell authorities what he knows and try to get a plea deal. TJ will be arraigned sometime this afternoon. I will check WDIV site for live feed when it takes place and report later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back