MI MI - Kaylah Hunter, 6, & Kristian Justice, 7 months, mother found deceased, Detroit, 24 May 2014

I know how you feel Schmae - I've just read a whole load of stuff about the weather, to avoid looking up news these little ones have been found.

I don't think there is any hope, but am desperately hoping I'm wrong.

No, there is a shred of hope. He took the little ones out of state to a babysitter who is not related, and they haven't switched on the news. Faint hope, but it has happened.

I don`t have much hope for the children being found alive but I would be happy to be wrong.

If Justice "gave" the children to someone, I would hope that the person/s would let authorities know that they are safe. If someone has the children, the parties might be afraid to come forward in light of the homicide charges against Justice. They might not have realized at the time that they were unwittingly involved in what has become a homicide investigation. :moo:

Yes, that's a scenario I didn't think of. Hope that's the case.

Sorry ! Killing a woman is just so brave huh? Killing the mother of your child is macho and manly?? Sick SOB! Because she left you?? Perhaps the abusive relationship is the reason she left!!! Women seem to be killed when pregnant, or leaving an abusive relationship. I'm in contact with a young lady, in her early 20's, who is in an abusive situation. I know of at least 4 times he has beat her up, leaving large bruises, chipped a tooth, etc. She grew up in a good family, only girl with 2 brothers, doted on as the baby of the family, spoiled perhaps, but never was she in an abusive environment, and yet she continiously chooses these abusive men. The one that just beat her up, she has a restraining order against, but because SHE violates the order by being with him, she won't call the cops!! I'm so afraid she's going to end up dead, and her son without a Mom.

As for the decomposition of the body, depending on the building she was left in, with no AC, it could be hotter in there than outside. The humidity rate, being wrapped in that blanket could have held in more heat. Insects seem to love heat. :(

I pray he left those babies with someone would doesn't know the real story, and thinks he was getting them away from an abusive situation, so the person thinks they are helping the babies, but I fear he killed them as well. If he didn't, why not tell the police where the children are before murder charges are thrown his way? I don't know.

it continues to baffle me that perps like this think they can do this and get away with it.

I am hopeful that he gave the kids to a girlfriend he has. Just hoping...

it continues to baffle me that perps like this think they can do this and get away with it.

I am hopeful that he gave the kids to a girlfriend he has. Just hoping...

If EJ has a girlfriend, she might want to reconsider the relationship ;)

I wonder what the evidence in the donation bin was? If it was a bunch of women's and children's clothing and toys.........

I wonder what the evidence in the donation bin was? If it was a bunch of women's and children's clothing and toys.........

LE has been tight-lipped about many details in this case. There were a number of questions asked by reporters during the presser yesterday that went unanswered due to "an ongoing investigation". I doubt that we'll hear much until there's a major break in the case.

:welcome: to Websleuths! We can't discuss anything that hasn't been released to the media yet, but I heard speculation earlier today about remains having been found in the general vicinity of where the mother was located. I grew up in Detroit and am familiar with the area. Sorry to say that I fear the worst for the two missing children. :(

Thank you! I've been lurking for about 4 years and this one just brought me out of lurkdom. I will be very cautious about what I post in this regard. I have a lot of family in this area, and they have been really upset about this whole thing.

I'm a native Detroiter too! I actually grew up about a mile from where this young lady was found.

I fear the worse for the kids too. If their mom is deceased and the family doesn't know where they could be.... *sigh*

I didn't find a link to live coverage of the arraignment on any local media site. Will have to wait for an update on local news this afternoon.

From the article:

...Timothy Jones, 27, was charged Thursday with being an accessory after the fact to a felony and appeared via video in Detroit’s 36th District Court this afternoon, officials said.

Prosecutors accused Jones of knowing Fox was dead and aiding her husband, Erin Justice, after her homicide.

His preliminary exam is scheduled for June 25.

Jones led police to where he had tossed bullet casings into the sewer in an area not far from the home where the family had lived on Ardmore, a person familiar with the investigation told the Free Press.

He also allegedly helped move Fox’s body out of a crawl space and told police that, at the time, the children were alive, the source said...

i don't like that statement above: "that, at the time, the children were alive"
to me it sounds like he knows the kids are dead
hoping is not the case and someone is hiding the children

lupus est homini *advertiser censored*, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

At the very least, I would hope that EJ wouldn't have killed his son, but if the children were present when he allegedly shot their mother, he might have done away with them, too. His infant son would be too young to identify the perp, but the 6-year-old girl would have known EJ as her mother's husband and her stepfather. I'm :please: that the children are still alive, but I'm losing hope by the hour. :(

ETA: The areas of Detroit that are being searched - abandoned homes, along railroad tracks, etc. - don't give me much confidence in a positive outcome.

I grew up in Rosedale Park and have family in several suburbs, but my dad lives on the west side - about as far west as Detroit goes, and is also hearing a lot about this in the neighborhood. People are talking - in general it seems, not with knowledge. Usually my dad is pretty callous about this stuff, but this one - I think it was the kids - got to him. It gets to me too - always feels a little different when its your hometown, for sure.

I wrote an ode to Detroit about 5 years ago... what happened to our vibrant, bustling city? Its rhetorical, of course, just enjoying being here with other folks from or familiar with the area.

Now, where are these beautiful innocent children?

Man accused of aiding in Detroit mother's murder; 2 kids still missing

2 men face charges in connection to Alicia Fox's murder; search continues for her 2 young children

Author: Dave Bartkowiak Jr. , Online News Editor, @DaveBartko, dbartkowiak@wdiv.com
Chauncy Glover, Local 4 Reporter, @CCGONTV

...Detroit police say Timothy Jones and Erin Justice are partners in crime.

Police say Jones knew Justice killed Fox, and helped him after the murder.

However, Jones tells a different story. He appeared in court for his arraignment on Friday where he was extremely polite.

"How are you doing today, your honor?" he said during the video arraignment.

According to Jones' attorney, his client is a carpenter who has a non-violent history.

"It's just alleged. He was called to a place and found himself in a bad situation," said attorney Michaell Crews...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-mothers-murder-2-kids-still-missing/26482796

yep, it is indeed all alleged.

There will be evidence of whatever happened to her, though, and then what?

I have always wondered why (genuinely) innocent people charged with crimes like this aren't screaming and crying about how innocent they are. I'd hardly be calm and friendly.

Sigh... yes, we have heard this song before, Mr. Justice. You are just another chorus in this sad song...

I'd too love to be wrong, but someone killed this young mother.

June 13, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Man accused of being accessory after Alicia Fox's death arraigned

Tony Briscoe/The Detroit News

Detroit — A man accused of helping a husband who authorities say fatally shot his wife was arraigned on Friday while authorities continue to search for the woman’s two missing children.

Timothy Jones, 27, of Detroit is being held on a $50,000, 10 percent bond and his preliminary exam is scheduled for June 25 in 36th District Court on being an accessory after the fact to a felony in connection with the shooting death of Alicia Fox, Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Maria Miller said. The offense is punishable by up to five years in prison.

Attorney Michaell Crews, who stood in at Jones’ arraignment for his defense attorney Randall Upshaw, said Jones turned himself into police. She said he has no history of violence.

“He found himself in a bad situation,” said Crews about Jones...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140613/METRO01/306130065#ixzz34YvkpXuq

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back