Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

MI MI - Kelly Boyce-Hurlbert, 29, Traverse City, 5 July 2013

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, May 21, 2014.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

Posting for WS member kgunzzz.

Police expand search for SUV involved in deadly hit and run
    July 2013

The Traverse City Police Department has broadened the focus of the suspect vehicle in the hit and run incident that killed Kelly Boyce Hurlbert on July 5.

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=919410#.U31xIij4K1N

Kelly Boyce-Hurlbert Hit and Run Remains Unsolved
    May 21, 2013

Despite their best efforts, police in Traverse City have yet to solve a deadly hit and run.

http://www.9and10news.com/story/25581602/kelly-boyce-hurlbert-hit-and-run-remains-unsolved

2. Loading...

3. skydelta3574

skydelta3574 Member

Thank you for posting this!!

4. skydelta3574

skydelta3574 Member

5. skydelta3574

skydelta3574 Member

This is the website set up by Kelly's husband and family to remember Kelly and keep everyone updated.

http://remembertolove.org/

6. ZaZara

ZaZara Well-Known Member

Terrible. Too terrible for words.

7. skydelta3574

skydelta3574 Member

8. skydelta3574

skydelta3574 Member

Bumping for Kelly and her family.

9. skydelta3574

skydelta3574 Member

http://upnorthlive.com/news/neighbo...rts-family-still-waits-for-answers?id=1224593

Just a bump and a rather old news piece on the hit and run death of Kellyann Boyce - Hurlbert in Traverse City, Michigan in the summer of 2013. Someone knows something. Someone knows someone who said something--maybe it was loud, maybe it was quiet, maybe it was a weird innuendo in passing. Someone saw a vehicle that didn't look right, looked damage. Someone repaired it, maybe, and didn't think twice at the time. Maybe the person who did this didn't mean to do it, maybe they're still trying to heal from it too. But Kelly's family deserves some closure.

10. skydelta3574

skydelta3574 Member

11. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe

FBI Offers Reward, Helps Pursue Leads In Unsolved TC Hit-And-Run

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) announced Thursday it is offering a new $25,000 reward in an unsolved Traverse City hit-and-run case – a crime that has prompted a five-year investigation and more than 800 leads, but still no arrests.

The FBI is lending its investigative support to the Traverse City Police Department and other local and state agencies trying to find the driver responsible for killing 29-year-old Kelly Boyce Hurlbert in 2013. Hurlbert was riding her bike home from work on Washington Street in the early morning hours of July 5 when she was hit by a vehicle and dragged for more than a block. The driver fled the scene, leaving Hurlbert’s badly injured body in the road near an alley on Railroad Avenue. Her screams woke neighbors, who called authorities; Hurlbert was rushed to Munson Medical Center, but died from her injuries. The driver who struck Hurlbert has never been identified or arrested.

ZaZara likes this.
  12. Abba's Tears

Abba's Tears New Member

This case continues to haunt a lot of people in northwest Michigan- especially this time of year. My heart breaks for Kelly's family & friends, and all of the public safety personnel involved who want nothing more than to bring justice to this horrific crime.

folieadeuxnola likes this.
  13. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

As a cyclist, I know a lot of these hit-and-run incidents don't seem to get a lot of press. And when someone is hit, the "I didn't see them" defense gets the offender off without any charges.

So when I was on Michael Whelan's "Unresolved" podcast today I was glad to see him covering a case of one of these victims, Kelly Boyce Hurlbert.
    Unresolved Online Radio by Unresolved

I hope there is a resolution to her case soon.

worldwatcher likes this.
  14. worldwatcher

worldwatcher Active Member

I always listen to Michael Whelan's podcast and was once in The States,staying in Traverse City and Petoskey at that time

I know the impact from second hand when a car hits you when you cycles,it happend to my father,he was in a coma and never the same again.He died a few years later due to the accident.
    It had a huge impact and by reading this topic I don't understand that the driver didn't stop,this is awful and terrifying.

15. worldwatcher

worldwatcher Active Member

I listened to unresolved podcast today by MW and wonder if there was ever a FBI profile about that driver?
    We,in The Netherlands have a lot of cyclist but never heard something that terrifying..it did sound like some one who snapped out of reality and got mixed into violant games 24/7
    No friends a loner