MI MI - Kevin Graves, 28, Electric Forest Music Festival, Rothbury, 1 Jul 2018

Kevin is likely living in the shadows in survival mode, paranoid and afraid. He would go to soup kitchens, churches, parks, transit depots, and maybe even end up in the emergency room from time to time. Local LE will only engage if they arrest him for something, or transport him to an emergency room.

I hope the family has contacted local social services, as the social workers who go out on the streets are the best bet to have had contact with Kevin.

Finally, he isn't going to look like the picture on the missing persons poster any more. Additional info about his mannerisms and speak patterns would be helpful.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Why do you think so?

Kevin is likely living in the shadows in survival mode, paranoid and afraid. He would go to soup kitchens, churches, parks, transit depots, and maybe even end up in the emergency room from time to time. Local LE will only engage if they arrest him for something, or transport him to an emergency room.

I hope the family has contacted local social services, as the social workers who go out on the streets are the best bet to have had contact with Kevin.

Finally, he isn't going to look like the picture on the missing persons poster any more. Additional info about his mannerisms and speak patterns would be helpful.

I'm curious myself. That is quite an in-depth analysis. This may seem strange to ask but did you know Kevin?

I'm curious myself. That is quite an in-depth analysis. This may seem strange to ask but did you know Kevin?
: )
No. I've been roaming on the WS threads for ten years now, and you learn a lot. Many people are very predictable. Over time you quickly identify the probabilities and rank them based on various factors. It's amateur profiling.

I'd like to know your thoughts about why Kevin may have ran away? Do you think Kevin was hurting internally, mentally and emotionally. Why wouldn't he contact someone? He was close with his sister. What would cause someone to run away and never look back?

I'd like to know your thoughts about why Kevin may have ran away? Do you think Kevin was hurting internally, mentally and emotionally. Why wouldn't he contact someone? He was close with his sister. What would cause someone to run away and never look back?
I cannot speak for Kevin or anyone else, but sometimes it is the only way to save yourself regardless of the consequences.
IMO

I cannot speak for Kevin or anyone else, but sometimes it is the only way to save yourself regardless of the consequences.
IMO
To disappear for such a prolonged period of time, in the case of two years, how could Kevin sustain himself without a financial backing, proper paperwork, and identification cards to file for any kind of employment? Seems like an immense undertaking.

To disappear for such a prolonged period of time, in the case of two years, how could Kevin sustain himself without a financial backing, proper paperwork, and identification cards to file for any kind of employment? Seems like an immense undertaking.
Hi Chad_York. Of course none of us know what happened to Kevin at this point....this is all mere amateur speculation. With these types of sudden disappearances it seems there are often the following circumstances:

1. Was at a festival and became intoxicated/high. Wandered off and met with misadventure. (Drowing, mugged, got in a fight,etc.)
2. Experienced a mental health episode and is living on the rough. In this instance your questions above are off the table. He would be living out of garbage cans, soup kitchens, begging, and getting by as he can. 28 seems a bit late to be showing initial signs of a mental health issue, in my amateur opinion. This scenario makes much more sense if he has prior history of mental health issues.
3. Self imposed disappearance - This seems the most unlikely given there is no evidence of financial transactions after that day? or attempts to be employed etc. Not completely out of the question, but unlikely, IMO.

Without knowing Kevin or all the facts, I would speculate the following. *If* he had prior mental health issues, then I would strongly suspect speculation #2. If there weren't any prior history of mental health issues, then I would speculate he has met with misadventure, sadly.

Those are my speculations at the moment, subject to change if additional info is discovered.

Hi Chad_York. Of course none of us know what happened to Kevin at this point....this is all mere amateur speculation. With these types of sudden disappearances it seems there are often the following circumstances:

1. Was at a festival and became intoxicated/high. Wandered off and met with misadventure. (Drowing, mugged, got in a fight,etc.)
2. Experienced a mental health episode and is living on the rough. In this instance your questions above are off the table. He would be living out of garbage cans, soup kitchens, begging, and getting by as he can. 28 seems a bit late to be showing initial signs of a mental health issue, in my amateur opinion. This scenario makes much more sense if he has prior history of mental health issues.
3. Self imposed disappearance - This seems the most unlikely given there is no evidence of financial transactions after that day? or attempts to be employed etc. Not completely out of the question, but unlikely, IMO.

Without knowing Kevin or all the facts, I would speculate the following. *If* he had prior mental health issues, then I would strongly suspect speculation #2. If there weren't any prior history of mental health issues, then I would speculate he has met with misadventure, sadly.

Those are my speculations at the moment, subject to change if additional info is discovered.

I know their were reported sightings of Kevin at a restaurant. Some even claimed that he may have joined a cult that was at the festival. His sister delved into that avenue by getting in contact with one of those groups. They inquired about it, asked around, showed his picture but nothing came of it.

I would hate to say but it's possible Kevin did succumb to a tragic fate. Though, if he did, where would he be? What if upon the searches, they missed an area wihin the last place he was seen? Or he was caught in a physical altercation and taken away far away from the festival. This is just speculation. I think whatever the case may be, Kevin had enough and walked away. I pains me not knowing what happened. I don't know him at all but he seemed like a genuine person, maybe just lost in his way, hoping to find the right path in life.

It's been five years since Kevin Graves disappeared. He was last seen on July 1, 2018 at Electric Forest, an annual music festival in Rothbury, a small community near the shore of Lake Michigan north of Muskegon.

According to his girlfriend, the then 28-year-old warehouse worker from Highland Township walked away from his campsite around noon that day, said Sgt. David Bach of the Oakland County Sheriff's Office.

"They got into an argument, he walked away and was never heard from since," Bach said.

Graves never used his phone after he was reported missing, Bach said, nor accessed funds in his bank account. "His phone died. His credit cards were not used in any way," Bach said.

Michigan State Police conducted a search for Graves and police have followed up on tips and calls they've received concerning Graves in the years since but none of them have been substantial, Bach said.

Plenty of rumors have circulated about Graves' whereabouts, among them that Graves joined a cult, but Bach said there's no credibility to any of them.

"'I've had everything from people send me a picture of a homeless man in Mexico to three months after he went missing someone said they saw him at a strip club in Oregon," he said. "There's no DNA evidence, no proof of a crime scene of any kind. He could have walked away and is now deceased. We don't know."

Graves has a tattoo of red lips on his right hip and a U.S. Marine Corps tattoo on his left shoulder. He would be 33 years old today.

The investigation into Graves' disappearance remains open. Anyone with information should call the Oakland County Sheriff's Office at 248-887-5294. Learn more here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back