MI MI - Kimberly King, 12, Warren, 16 Sept 1979

“Police have resumed digging at a burial site in a Michigan forest for the third day as they search for the remains of up to seven girls who have been missing for decades.

The search at the remote property in Warren, north of Detroit, began on Monday as authorities searched for the remains of 12-year-old Kimberly King who was last seen in the area in 1979.

Police fear the area where they believe Kimberly's remains are is also the burial site for up to six other teenage girls.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-site-remains-teen-girls.html#ixzz5F2egms00

I really hope they find any remains possibly buried here.

Ream was cleared. I have that direct from Kathie King via Warren PD.

I agree that the letter was likely a hoax, it would be nice to cross it entirely off the list.

If I had a say, I would have cadaver dogs in the yard of Norberg's Hupp St home.

Interesting in hindsight that Warren PD "Cleared" Ream at one time. I wonder why they cleared him & now suspect him?

Wow, this entire situation is nuts. I live and grew up about 5 miles from the dig site and crazy how this stuff can kind of hit so close to hime in a way.

I remember as I was growing up in the 80s and 90s, hearing about all these cases and reading up on them as I got older and its crazy (and sad) that they all could be related to one monster. You sometimes think in the back of your mind, “maybe they somehow are all related”, but then you tell yourself, “nah, too, convenient”.

Similar to the Oakland County Child Killer, these horrible cases have remained in the minds of people in Metro Detroit over the years and kind of haunted Southeast Michigan. I just hope for all these families, that they obviously can get SOME kind of closure and peace. Just crazy all around.

BTW, to give people an idea of the dig site, it’s kind of strange. I’ve seen some news publications describe it as this vast “forest” and it’s really not. The square mile or so that the dig site is in, is one of the last few areas that “feel” rural and “woodsy” and feels kind of secluded but is surrounded by modern, BUSY suburbs. In the1970s and early 80s, rural and “in the woods” is DEFINITELY what the area was. It was the boonies. But today, the area surrounding, is complete Suburban expansion, big box stores, traffic like crazy, etc. A complete 180 from what it was like 30-40 + years ago. But in a strange way, that little area of the dig, still does feel like it’s isolated and harboring a “secret” if you will. Hard to explain, but you’d know if you’ve been around there.

Hi there Metro Detroit Pride -
I was born in the mid 70s in the Detroit suburbs and lived there until my family moved away in the mid-80s and I recall the anxiety of stranger danger and recurring nightmares about being kidnapped. It really did color a lot people's childhoods from that area. I am so hoping that this excavation brings answers to these families. I am still waiting for a Michelle McNamara type of person to dig in and publicize the Oakland County Child Killer case. It is so creepy how all these different metropolitan areas each had their own predator active (Atlanta Monster, Houston Candy man, OCCK) in a similar time frame. At least we, as a society, are wiser to these types of predators now.

[h=1]Family of missing girl had ruled out suspected serial killer, until now[/h]
The elder sister of a 12-year-old girl who vanished in September of 1979 was always suspicious that Arthur Ream, who is now a suspected serial killer, might have been involved.

But it would have been impossible, Konnie Beyma says -- at least based on the timeline as she understood it for the last 38 years -- because he was in prison, she thought.
A couple days ago, that changed. It now appears Ream wasn't in prison after all, but instead free on parole.

Warren police believe, based on statements from multiple jailhouse informants who claim to have overheard Ream bragging about killing up to six other girls, that Beyma's sister, Kimberly A. King, is one of Ream's victims.
According to dates listed on the Michigan Department of Corrections website, in August of 1975, Ream was sentenced to between five and 10 years in prison for that conviction. His discharge date is listed as February of 1980, nearly half a year after Kimberly vanished.

"What always made me believe he wasn't involved was because his release date from prison was listed as 1980, so I ruled him out," Beyma said Wednesday, May 9. "But I was always suspicious, because (along Gratiot Avenue) is where we believe Kim was that night ... and that is where he picked up Cindy, that's where I believe he owned a carpet store, so he was very familiar with the area ...

"I was always suspicious and wondered if he has something to do with it, but I always had to come back around to he was in prison at the time Kim came up missing. I didn't know until yesterday ... that he was out on parole."

Warren police say Ream was released from his 1975 conviction on parole in February of 1978.
http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2018/05/family_of_missing_girl_had_rul.html

Interesting in hindsight that Warren PD "Cleared" Ream at one time. I wonder why they cleared him & now suspect him?

Clearing doesn't always mean "completely off the hook" it can mean that they couldn't link him. If you look him up on OTIS, he appears to have been incarcerated in 1979, but he was paroled in early 1978. (the *advertiser censored*)

If you are in the area, the Warren Police are looking to speak with anyone who had contact with Art Ream. He ran a flooring business in southern Macomb County for many years. Did he do work at your home? Provide an estimate? Was his kid on your kid's softball team? They want to hear from you

Contact information here

[h=1]Search resumes for remains of up to 7 Michigan girls ​​​​​​​[/h]
MACOMB TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — After a weekend break, police in suburban Detroit have resumed digging in an area that might yield the remains of up to seven missing girls.

Konnie Beyma's sister, Kimberly King, disappeared in 1979 at age 12. Beyma was at the site Monday in Macomb County's Macomb Township and says police believe they "are very close" to finding remains.

Beyma tells The Associated Press that she wants to bury her sister next to their grandmother in Kentucky. She describes Kimberly as a "fun-loving" tomboy who loved sports.
http://www.woodtv.com/news/michigan/search-resumes-for-remains-of-up-to-7-michigan-girls-/1178514431

[h=1]Search resumes in Macomb Township for remains of missing girls[/h]
With a smaller team of investigators, the search resumed Monday in Macomb Township for the remains of up to six girls missing for decades.

The investigation at the 24-acre parcel south of 23 Mile Road, west of North Avenue, was postponed for the weekend because of rain last Friday and Saturday, but started Monday morning as authorities try to solve the disappearance of multiple young females.

“We are out there this morning,” Warren Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer, whose department is the lead agency in the task force working the case, confirmed.

With rain again in the forecast, officials excavating multiple spots were expected to continue digging as long as possible.

As of Monday morning, no human remains had been found.
Dwyer said the group working in the woods Monday totaled eight to 10 people including Warren detectives and an unspecified number of individuals whose employment or affiliations he declined to specify.

The stages of the task force’s work have not been revealed, but there are indications the investigation could take months. Dwyer said other locations will be checked over a period of months in what could become a long probe to complete.

Police have confirmed other girls who have been missing and whose remains could be buried in the Macomb Township woods include:

• Cynthia Coon, who was age 13 when she disappeared from Ann Arbor in 1970

• Nadine O’Dell, 16, whose last known whereabouts were in Inkster in 1974

• Kim Marie Larrow, 15, who disappeared in Canton in 1981

• Kellie Marie Brownlee, who was 17 and had been at Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi before she went missing in 1982.

Discovering remains of any of those girls or others would bring some long-overdue, potential closure to families.
http://www.macombdaily.com/article/MD/20180514/NEWS/180519852

“I don’t want to, of course, be let down once again. … I’m trying not to get too hopeful,” Beyma, 55, told The Associated Press, “but the information that detectives are providing — and still providing again this morning — indicate that they are very close, they are very certain, and we are almost there.”

The search, about 30 miles (50 kilometers) northeast of downtown Detroit, began after police interviewed a prisoner, Arthur Ream, who was locked up in 2008 for the slaying of a 13-year-old girl. Cindy Zarzycki’s remains were found a decade ago near the same wooded area where big machines now are clawing the soil.
Ream has declined to speak to news media by phone, the Michigan Corrections Department said.

Beyma’s sister disappeared at age 12. She described Kimberly as a “little bit rebellious, a lot of a tomboy” who loved sports.

Beyma believes police will continue to work near 23 Mile Road and North Avenue until Tuesday. Bill Dwyer, police commissioner in Warren, Michigan, who is leading the investigation, said officers will also look at other areas, although he didn’t disclose them.
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/05...-remains-of-up-to-7-girls-in-macomb-township/

I'm thinking there is a connection to Kimberly's disapppearance and Arthur Ream, convicted of the abduction and murder of Cindy Zarzycki who was 13 years old when abducted April 20, 1986 from Eastpointe, Michigan.:waitasec:

Clear back in 2009 a member here thought there was a connection....

Someone has good instincts!

[h=3]Police end dig for remains of missing Michigan girls[/h]
MACOMB TOWNSHIP, MI (AP) - Crews have stopped digging up an area in suburban Detroit where police have said they hoped to find the remains of up to seven missing girls.

Warren Mayor James Fouts told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the weeklong excavation on the outskirts of a subdivision in Macomb Township has ended.

Fouts says police are weighing whether to excavate three other locations in the state where they believe the suspect, Arthur Ream, could have taken the girls who disappeared decades ago.
http://www.wnem.com/story/38192935/police-end-dig-for-remains-of-missing-michigan-girls

Authorities suspend dig for bodies in Macomb Township to reassess location, consider others
Police may search other Michigan locations

MACOMB TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Crews suspended a dig in Macomb Township on Tuesday where police have said they hoped to find the remains of up to seven missing girls.

The dig lasted several days, but turned up no remains. The search was in the same area where the remains of Cindy Zarzycki were found after her killer, Arthur Ream, led investigators to the spot in 2008. Ream killed Zarzycki when she was 13 years old in 1986.

Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer said last week that they were hopeful and that there was "probable cause" to believe the site was a graveyard...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...township-to-reassess-location-consider-others

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back