Resolved MI - Kimberly Louiselle, 16, Oakland Co, 21 Mar 1982

the flamingo is still there, on middlebelt north of 9 mile.

Kim's case is being handled by the Michigan State Police, I spoke with a female detective (could've been Hunt) when I covered her on the podcast. IIRC, that Detective is now either retired or in a completely different position.

the flamingo is still there, on middlebelt north of 9 mile.

Kim's case is being handled by the Michigan State Police, I spoke with a female detective (could've been Hunt) when I covered her on the podcast. IIRC, that Detective is now either retired or in a completely different position.
Detective Hunt still has Kims case. I just met with her this past May when I was in Michigan.

For whatever reason, cold cases like these make me more fearful and careful than ones that have happened only recently. I wish I knew why. I feel a tremendous sadness and at the same time a very eerie and creepy feeling. I hope that the families and friends of these two innocent girls, Kimberly Louiselle and Christina Castiglione, can one day find peace if they have not in the days since their tragic deaths. I don't know if I ever could if I were in their shoes. I wish them all the best and hope they know that I'm thinking of them tonight.

Probably because in a way they are more locked into the past.
You can see from their appearance that they are from a time gone by and they were robbed of their time.

Kimberly Sue Louiselle
BIRTH 3 Mar 1966
DEATH 14 Apr 1982 (aged 16)
BURIAL
Holy Sepulchre Cemetery
Southfield, Oakland County, Michigan, USA
PLOT Sec 72 Lot 691 Gr 12

160111818_1459735400.jpg

LINKS:

https://www.livgov.com/sheriff/Pages/Kimberly-Louiselle-Case-Detail.aspx

Kimberly Sue Louiselle (1966-1982) - Find A Grave...

March 20th 1982 she was hitchhiking home from Redford to South Lyon," said Cindy Arthurs. "She got picked up, dropped her off there, dropped her off there."

Cindy Arthurs says her then-16-year-old sister Kimberly Louiselle would make at least four phone calls, trying to get a ride the rest of the way home.

"Those phone calls are the last we know of her doing - at that point we don't know if she got a ride, that she started hitchhiking or walking again," Arthurs said.

She says that’s the last time anyone heard from Kimberly. On April 14, 1982, the 16-year-old was discovered in the wooded area near Kensington and Grand River.

"She was repeatedly raped, repeatedly beaten, and repeatedly strangled," Arthurs said. "Nobody knows where she was for 24 days, but it was not like her to not contact anybody. She was heading home."

Michigan State Police confirm to FOX 2 they’re investigating Kimberly’s death and tell me they don’t have any updates at this point. But that won’t stop Cindy from doing everything she can to find Kimberly’s killer.

FOX 2: "How have you managed such unimaginable tragedy?"

"You push it out of your mind, you try not to live with it every day," she said.

Arthurs has also worked to see justice in the cases of other young women and girls who went missing, or were murdered in the Detroit area around the same time, for example.

"Kellie Brownlee, she is on my flyer," Arthurs said. "She went missing from Twelve Oaks Mall a month after my sister. It is just too much of a coincidence that they were pretty much within the same vicinity and the same time frame."

Reach out to Michigan State Police if you know anything.

Kim-Louiselle.jpg

Cold case 1982 murder of South Lyon teen hits 40 years as family awaits justice

It has been nearly 41 years since 16-year-old Kimberly Louiselle was found murdered and her body left near the Island Lake Recreation Area in Livingston County.

According to the Justice for Kimberly Louiselle Facebook group, Louiselle was hitchhiking home to South Lyon from Redford, Michigan on March 20, 1982.

She started in the area of 8 Mile and Inkster roads. She got a ride to the area of 8 Mile and Merriman roads in Livonia. At around 6:30 p.m., she made at least four phone calls trying to find a ride the rest of the way home. She wasn’t seen alive again.

According to the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office, she was reported missing to the Green Oak Township Police Department on March 21, 1982.

Her family said Louiselle’s body was found behind a park and ride in the Island Lake Recreation Area near Grand River Avenue and Kensington Road on April 14, 1982. Her body was five miles from her Livingston County home.

She was found naked and had been sexually assaulted, beaten and strangled.

According to the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office, numerous people have been interviewed and the case has been re-opened on several occasions.

Her family said the case has been transferred to the Michigan State Police Cold Case Unit in Lansing. Anyone with any information should contact Michigan State Police Cold Case D/Sgt Larry Rothman at 313-407-9379.

the DNA was contaminated and there is not a useable sample :(
I wonder whether her murder was connected to any other attacks.

It sounds like they have DNA in the Christine Castiglione case; the same perp may be responsible for both killings.

There is another case that I have always thought could be connected. A young woman whose last name was Murphy—about that I'm positive—was attacked (raped, I think) and left for dead in one of the area parks with her throat slashed. She survived. I can't remember what year it was or what park she was left in, but I think the park might have been either the state park in Milford or the state park in Brighton.

I heard about the case a number of years after the fact from someone who knew the victim personally. I don't know if the crime ever made the papers. I haven't been able to find anything about it online.

Christina's case is SOLVED. they made the announcement this morning.

I'm sure - since it's the same team - that they looked at Kim's case as well. He would have needed to hold Kim for several days - so Christina's long dead killer seems like an unlikely choice.

I'm sure - since it's the same team - that they looked at Kim's case as well. He would have needed to hold Kim for several days - so Christina's long dead killer seems like an unlikely choice.
I've always wondered whether the stated post-mortem interval was correct for Kim. It's possible that the cold weather led to an inaccurate calculation, in which case she might not have been held for days as believed.

If they can't get any usable DNA from the evidence that they have, then it doesn't sound like her case is likely to be solved.

I've always wondered whether the stated post-mortem interval was correct for Kim. It's possible that the cold weather led to an inaccurate calculation, in which case she might not have been held for days as believed.

If they can't get any usable DNA from the evidence that they have, then it doesn't sound like her case is likely to be solved.
IIRC they gave her case file to a college class of criminal justice students for a full analysis. Sometimes these things pay off. #hope

Thought for sure the two were connected. Maybe since the DNA was contaminated, they couldn’t confirm?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back