MI MI - Kimberly Louiselle, 16, Oakland County, 21 March 1982

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Nina Michigan, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Nina Michigan

Nina Michigan Verified President/Founder of Missing in Michigan

• Do you see a pattern here? Not to mention that all of these victims were seeking a ride somewhere, and the fact that Brownlee disappeared while hitchhiking in the middle of the same path where Kim disappeared, and to the point where she was found a month later.

they were not in the middle of the same path. 8 Mile and Merriman where Kim L was last seen is ten miles from where Kellie Marie Brownlee (12 Oaks Mall area) was last seen.

When you stretch the facts it makes it harder to find the truth.

2. Ibiz

Ibiz Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

I wasn't stretching any facts. I made a map, and the red marker shows where Kim was last seen, and the other red marker shows where she was found.

The purple marker in the middle of the path is the 12 Oaks mall where Kelly was last seen. My only confusion is that the DNA from Christina's killer doesn't match Leiterman's, but the fact that they were all abducted on around the same day and the same month is somewhat chilling.

Kelly dissapeared exactly to the day two months after Kim, and that is quite a coincidence when you look at the map.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  3. Nina Michigan

The map is inaccurate and tilted/distorted. Where Kellie was is to the right and up. She was at 12 Mile and Novi Road and she was headed north. I lived in this area for decades, I've read extensively about these cases, spoken with investigators, and driven these routes.

Keep in mind that a map from 1982 is going to look VERY different than a map today. Many of the roads you assume someone would have taken 38 years ago were rural/dirt/residential and have been modernized over the last 4 decades

4. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

The "map" is actually an overhead satellite photo with some roads highlighted. The "North" arrow is in the top right corner to indicate orientation.

One can see how Michigan roads were generally laid out with a well measured north/south and east/west organization. Only some older roads like Grand River Avenue (parallel to I-66) do not conform to this grid design.

It is true that maps and traffic patterns change somewhat over time, but generally all the roads which existed back in the 1980's would still be there. The biggest change comes when new interstate highways obliterate or overlay older roads.

MajorHoople likes this.
  5. Ciart343

Ciart343 Member

Michigan State Police, Brighton post is who has Kims case. Detective Hunt is who is in charge her case now.

6. Ciart343

Ciart343 Member

I recently went on a search for Bob (Kims boyfriend at the time). I want to ask him about those posts I received in that blog about Kim. I posted snap shots of those on here a while ago. When I first got those posts in that blog (3 years ago) I contacted the Brighton police post and a detective returned my call. He gave me his cell phone number and I texted him copies I screenshotted of the posts. He told me he would give them to Detective Hunt (who has Kims case now). After a couple months of communicating with him and him having reasons of her being busy on a big case out of Detroit so he hadn't given them to her yet, I gave up on him and posted on Michigan Cold Cases page if anyone was affiliated with the Brighton police post. I had a lady from there contact me, I sent her the copies I had and she got them to Detective Hunt the very next day. Imagine that. I still have mine and the 1st detectives whole text conversation in my phone. That blog has since been taken down. If I knew that was going to happen, I would have taken pictures of the whole blog. Anyways, if you look at the pics I posted on here of that blog you will see where this person named Bobs cousin Rick as being the person who killed Kim. After finally getting that information to Detective Hunt (3 years ago) I never to this day have heard anything about it from the police department. I don't know if they ever looked into it. So those posts on that blog have still been bothering me. That's why I decided to go looking for Bob. I wanted to ask him about it. I posted a picture of Bob I have from about 40 years ago on facebook in some Brightmoor groups, the last area I knew of him living. I actually was contacted by his niece a few days ago, Bobs sisters daughter. Although I don't know her (I had seen her when she was about 2 or 3, almost 40 years ago) I have no reason to doubt what she has told me. But regardless, I will keep looking for Bob. If this family knew anything about Kims murder, I'd have to say, they are all being served Karma. What I have been told is: Sherry (Bobs mom) whos actual name was Judy (I knew that, just don't know why she went by Sherry) her body was found beat and overdosed on heroin in a drug house somewhere in Detroit years ago. I knew all 3 of her boys (Bob, Michael and Gary) had all been sexually abused as kids. She had given Barb to Barbs grandma when she was a baby, so that's who raised Barb (I also knew all that). But during my time around all of them, Barb was around a lot and spent a lot of time around her mom and brothers. Barb recently was diagnosed with dementia and her memory is not well, but when her daughter showed her a picture of Kim, she repeatedly said that Ricky had somrthing to do with it. Barbs daughter had already told me that she grew up hearing about Kim a lot and said its always been said through out the family that Rick was the last one to see Kim. Rick apparently moved to Alabama years and years ago, but she thought it was because of his brother Rex looking to kill him or something, Rex I guess also passed away a couple years ago. Bob had a son who was raised by an aunt on his mothers side of the family. I'm figuring she is the one who commented on the picture I recently posted of Bob saying "Who cares where this scum bag is??!!!!" I replied, "actually I do, I have some questions for him. Do you know him?" She never commented back. On my post looking for Bob, I didn't give a reason why, and I never mentioned Kim. I just posted that I am looking for him. Anyways, I guess Bob never accomplished to be anything more then a heroin addict and a professional thief. He pretty much stayed with his mom his whole life until the last time he was in prison. His mom passed away while he was in prison the last time and I guess he wasn't doing very well when he got out, having nowhere to stay or anything. His niece said no one has heard from Bob in about 5 years. She said her dad told her he had heard that Bob had been murdered and buried somewhere in Detroit. The mother of his son also died a couple years ago from a heroin overdose. I asked Bobs niece if she thought maybe Gary might know anything about where Bob is and she told me that Bob hated Gary because he sexually abused Bobs son when he was little, as he had done to him. Of course the pedophile is still alive. I found his facebook page. I have not contacted him, Yet. Michael is also deceased due to a heroin overdose. I'm also trying to find any information on where Rick might be. I know his last name is Woods.

Ibiz and Brotherfudz like this.
  7. Ciart343

Ciart343 Member

I also looked up unclaimed bodies found in Detroit and found a list of 148 out of about 200 bodies that the city was getting ready to fund to be able to bury that had been in the morgue for years, knowing Bob had an arrest record, he should be able to be identified if he was one of them, his name wasn't on that list.

Ibiz likes this.
  8. Brotherfudz

Brotherfudz Active Member

Thank you for sharing all this info

Ciart343 and Ibiz like this.
  9. Ibiz

Yes, it sounds like it could be a promising lead; more so than any others in this case.

Any idea how old the guy would have been at the time, and how far away he lived from 8-mile and Merriman?

Ciart343 likes this.
  10. Ciart343

Ciart343 Member

I remember his face very well. I was only 13 at the time but I would put him at being in his late 20s to early 30s back then. I don't know if you ever listened to the interview I did that someone posted on this forum but, Ricks house is the house Kim started out hitchhiking that day from. She got picked up from the end of his street by the guy who dropped her off at 8 Mile and Merriman. Kim then called people to try and find a ride the rest of the way home but none of the people I know of her calling could go pick her up. Apparently she may have decided to go back because Bobs niece said Rick called her mom (Bobs sister) and asked to barrow her car to go pick Kim up from * Mile and Merriman. The grandma told him no so Rick barrowed his Pappas brothers car to go get her. She said that's why the family says Rick was the last person to see Kim. She had just left from Ricks house. Bob was living with his cousin Rick at the time, that's why she was at his house. Kim and Bob had broke up right before she left there and Bob went to work. I'm wondering if when she got dropped off if she decided to try to go back and talk to Bob again so she may have called Rick to see if he could go get her. My whole thing I asked Bobs niece was that in that blog the lady says Rick took Kim to a trailer in a trailer park, Kim left from his HOUSE at 6 Mile and Inkster off a road called Centraila. I know Bob and his family was getting ready to move from his house to a house at 5 Mile and Lasher, maybe Rick was moving too, I don't know. I know I was sitting on the stairs going to the basement with Bob in that house of Ricks and there was alot of boxes packed down there during the time Kim was missing, I just always thought they were all Bobs and his mom and brothers but, maybe not. Bob niece said the family knows Rick moved to a trailer park named Flamingo, just not sure on when. Ricks girlfriend at the time was named Kitten. I remember her too once the name was said. I guess they got married and had 3 kids.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Ibiz and Brotherfudz like this.
  11. Ibiz

Flamingo Trailer Park

2020-11-24_21-43-29.jpg

Ciart343 likes this.
  12. Nina Michigan

the flamingo is still there, on middlebelt north of 9 mile.

Kim's case is being handled by the Michigan State Police, I spoke with a female detective (could've been Hunt) when I covered her on the podcast. IIRC, that Detective is now either retired or in a completely different position.

Ciart343, Ibiz and j_in_c like this.
  13. Ciart343

Ciart343 Member

Detective Hunt still has Kims case. I just met with her this past May when I was in Michigan.

j_in_c, Nina Michigan and Brotherfudz like this.
  14. Slawsb

Slawsb Well-Known Member

Probably because in a way they are more locked into the past.
    You can see from their appearance that they are from a time gone by and they were robbed of their time.

15. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

Ciart343 likes this.
  16. Nina Michigan

Sounds like a local paper is looking to do a story on this case. I'm delighted to see new coverage of her case!

Ciart343, RumorMonger and Brotherfudz like this.
  17. CastlesBurning

CastlesBurning Well-Known Member