MI- Lansing Murder- Whatever happened? Joseph Lechleitner

saj1117

Reaction score
In 2021, in Lansing MI, Joseph Lechleitner, father of, 5 yr old Vivian Zwick & 3 yr old Anson Zwick were found shot in Vivian & Ansons mothers home. Joseph did not reside there and was separated from the mother. Initially when the news broke, police said it was a murder-suicide. They later came out and said they determined it was NOT a murder suicide. Nothing has ever been said again since April 2021. They have never mentioned the mother or a possible suspect. I still think about this case and wonder what ever came of it?

Heres a couple news articles-
Deputies Thought a Michigan Man Killed His 2 Kids in Murder-Suicide. Now, They Suspect He Was Actually a Victim.

Eaton Co. authorities: Deaths of father, children not murder-suicide

In 2021, in Lansing MI, Joseph Lechleitner, father of, 5 yr old Vivian Zwick & 3 yr old Anson Zwick were found shot in Vivian & Ansons mothers home. Joseph did not reside there and was separated from the mother. Initially when the news broke, police said it was a murder-suicide. They later came out and said they determined it was NOT a murder suicide. Nothing has ever been said again since April 2021. They have never mentioned the mother or a possible suspect. I still think about this case and wonder what ever came of it?

Heres a couple news articles-
Deputies Thought a Michigan Man Killed His 2 Kids in Murder-Suicide. Now, They Suspect He Was Actually a Victim.

Eaton Co. authorities: Deaths of father, children not murder-suicide
Hey there. I was/am very close to joe and his older son, Noah. Known and worked with them for years and years, Joe was a dad to me. Here's what I know:

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there. I was/am very close to joe and his older son, Noah. Known and worked with them for years and years, Joe was a dad to me. Here's what I know:

<modsnip - inside information without verification>
Hello! Thanks for the update. I live just a few blocks from here and think about it often. I always thought it was very odd they never mentioned the mother in any of the news articles and nothing else has ever been said!

Hopefully justice can be served.

<modsnip - inside information without verification>
<modsnip - inside information without verification>. I grew up with her brother and know them well.

Truth is, the police botched the investigation from jump. <modsnip - inside information without verification> Unfortunately, until something can be proven otherwise, there were only 4 people there......so??? <modsnip - inside information without verifcation> I just feel super bad for her brother because I also have been in the situation in which a family member was being sought after for a crime. It puts you in such a weird position. But I hope they find some justice for those little ones...however that ends up taking place.

MOD NOTE:

Members who have inside information about a case must be Verified by Websleuths to post. Posts containing inside information have been removed or snipped pending verification.

Information as to why Websleuths has this process in place, and how to apply, can be found at the following link:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Once a member has been verified, their posts containing inside information will be reinstated.

bumping this up. Looking for info

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back