MI - Laura Sutliffe, 13, & Sonya Santa Cruz, 7, slain, Kent County, 1966 & 1967

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by mysteriew, Oct 24, 2005.

1. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

He has spent most of his life in psychiatric hospitals after strangling two girls in the 1960s.

Now former Wyoming resident Theodore Glenn Williams is seeking his release.

He told authorities that he abducted, raped and killed a 13-year-old Sparta girl in 1966 and a seven-year-old Grand Rapids girl a year later.

Williams pleaded guilty to the younger girl's murder but never went to trial for the other killing.
    http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=4021081&nav=0RbQ

2. Loading...

3. bakerprune64

bakerprune64 Former Member

:behindbar He thinks his detention is unconstitutional? He belongs in the looney bin alright:razz:

4. fran

fran Former Member

Heaven help us and our children, if this guy gets released. Perhaps now would be a good time to try him for the other murder. :doh:

JMHO
    fran

5. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

He kidnapped and murdered two girls and he thinks he should be released :eek: He should just be thanking his lucky stars that he isn't sitting on death row waiting for the needle.

It will be interesting to see how far he gets. He should be tried for the second murder. The time limit on murder never runs out you know. Why didn't they try him on the second murder anyway...because he has been in a loony bin?

6. Constance

Constance New Member

7. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/05/mother_of_slain_7-year-old_hop.html

8. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

9. Salem

Salem Former Member

The case could go to trial :(

I hope he stays locked up. Right now he can say he isn't a threat because there is no temptation in his way. Once outside the doors, where he can do what he wants, I would bet money he reoffends within 24 hours. :(

Salem

10. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Enough Is Enough!

They always do, Salem. How many times do we see pedophile killers let out, and there's another murder...

Though he'll probably be more cautious about the next one. And I have NO doubt there'd be a next one.

I've recently been researching a case her ein Aus, where Derek Percy was a suspect. He was a sadistic pedophile and child-killer who was caught for a horrific murder when he was just 21, found not guilty by reason of insanity and then locked away literally for -life- because there was NO doubt he'd offend again (while in jail (!!) he managed to amass a storage unit -filled- with sick, violent plans for the children he wanted to meet, as he fully expected to be let out one day....)

^ I think this is the ONLY answer, the ONLY "treatment", for people like this.

I see people p'ing and moaning about civil rights and rehabilitation for violent pedos, and I think - fine, let him live next to YOUR family, we'll see how that goes.