MI MI - Lisa Knight, 29, Ossineke, 8 Jun 2012

Special Report: Looking for Lisa Part 1

http://www.9and10news.com/story/34525252/special-report-looking-for-lisa-part-1

The night she disappeared, Lloyd picked up Lisa and had plans to visit their youngest daughter together but ended up at his house in Ossineke. Laurel says she could hear fear in her friend’s voice. “I says what’s going on and she couldn’t talk, he must have been on the other phone or something. She was really having a rough night,” says Laurel.

That was the last time Laurel heard from Lisa. “I didn’t go get her. The next morning I called him [Lloyd Frey] and I says so where’s Lisa. She’s not here. I says well did you kill her, he says what are you talking about. That’s just…I’m very forward and he says well no. I says well then where is she, what’s going on. Well she left before I got up. I says that’s really weird Lloyd, he says no it’s not, she’s done it before,” recalls Laurel.

Lisa’s mother says she had bouts of hiding out for days at a time. “When she disappeared from this person, she always called me. She always said I’m hiding, this is where I’m at, this is where you can get a hold of me. So I knew when she disappeared, she hadn’t called me, that something was wrong” says Jean.

After 4 days Laurel finally called police. I asked Laurel why four days, “Because Lisa did disappear occasionally, she never did from my house but I know that she did from other places,” Laurel answered.

So Michigan State Police Alpena Post detectives stepped in. “We were somewhat behind the 8 ball to begin with in this case,” says Detective Sergeant Stephen Harshberger.

Special Report: Looking for Lisa Part 2

http://www.9and10news.com/story/34535074/special-report-looking-for-lisa-part-2

A list of possible scenarios and suspects include Lisa’s ex-husband, Lloyd Frey, who is a known member of the Northmen Motorcycle Club.

“When you do factor in known criminal elements and in this case there is a motorcycle club that is considered or what law enforcement refers to as a 1% club, an outlaw type club, where they’re involved in various types of criminal activity, obviously that does have a factor in our investigation,” says Detective Harshberger.

I asked Lisa’s roommate and friend, Laurel Schultz if he’s [Lloyd Frey] is capable of doing something like this, she responded with “From his past, I’m afraid so. He’s a really nice guy, but anger does weird things to people. And jealousy makes people awful.”

Then I asked Lisa’s mom, Jean Knight if there was any indication that it wasn’t a healthy relationship and she responded, “Yes. Yes. I saw the bruises, I saw the marks. It was not a healthy relationship and her dad and I tried to get her out several times. Addiction is a really hard road and she just, she wasn’t strong enough to fight it. So she kept going back.”

“We’ve actually developed a plan of action that we plan to pursue and there are a number of people that we do plan to re-interview. There’s some new people that have not been interviewed that we’re going to attempt to locate and interview. We’re hoping that through these processes that we do develop new information and ultimately find out what happened to Ms. Knight,” says Detective Harshberger.

A plan is in place and police are hopeful.

“It would be wonderful to go back to Lisa’s children, her parents, her family and be able to tell them what happened and that if there was people involved in her disappearance or her demise, tell them that we now have those people in custody and we will be prosecuting them…would be awesome,” says Detective Harshberger.

I was told locally that this wasn't a match BUT I don't see Lisa on the rule-out list!
I have never turned in a possible match, but would be willing to do so.
How do I go about doing so?

I just interviewed an Alcona County (Michigan) sheriff's deputy about an unidentified woman, he said specifically, "if they are both in NAMUS with DNA/Dental, it's already been ruled out." NAMUS cross references their own database. They don't list every single person in NAMUS on the rule out list, as that list would be ridiculously large.

They're looking for people NOT in NAMUS that could be their victim.

YMMV.

The seventh anniversary of Lisa Knight's disappearance is Saturday. Det. Sgt. Steve Harshberger of the state police says Knight probably is dead but the case is open until investigators can learn what happened and find her remains.

Harshberger appeared at a news conference Thursday with Knight's parents. She was 29 years old in 2012.

Help sought in woman's disappearance; still 'on our mind'

With the sad case of Brynn Bills in this area (Alpena and Ossineke are right next door to each other and are both in Alpena County) there seems to be interest stirring back up in Lisa’s case, which is great!
There are people that know more than they’re telling, obviously. Maybe hang some posters in their neighborhood where they have to see it each day.
Have they ever named anyone a POI in this case?

Looking For Lisa

I did a podcast episode about Lisa's case in 2018, includes interview with the Det/Sgt who was handling the case at that time.

92 Lisa Marie Knight - Already Gone Podcast - Omny.fm
I've listened to your podcast many times, but somehow missed this one. I find it interesting that the mother believes she likely overdosed and her body hidden. The detective while he doesn't confirm or deny that, seems laser focused on homicide. He, in fact, mentions it more than once.

Unsolved is a true crime podcast series from 9&10 News.

Each month, David Lyden will dive into an unsolved crime in northern Michigan.

The family of Lisa Knight has been looking for answers about her disappearance in Alpena County since June 2012. The case is now being investigated as a homicide.

Knight loved just about everything that came with life in northeast Michigan and the easy going, happy go lucky, quintessential country girl, had big plans for her life. Plans that were tragically cut short.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back