MI MI - Macomb Co, 2 WhtFems, UP10563 & UP11130, body parts in sewer, Aug'12

uber creepy!!!

...At least I hope they have been freezing the parts before dumping, otherwise.....
Any chance, slim though it might be, that an illegal cosmetic surgery is operating in the area?

December 21, 2012 at 1:00 am

'Preserved' body parts found in Warren sewer similar to those found in Aug.

By Tony Briscoe and Tom Greenwood
The Detroit News

Warren — Two human small body parts found in a Warren sewer Thursday are "strikingly similar" to body parts found in Sterling Heights in August and could be from the same body, police say.

But the pieces discovered Thursday appear to have been in the system for no longer than 24 hours.

"These pieces do not appear to have been put in the drain at the same time because they appear to have been preserved," Warren Det. Mel Nearing said. "They are in too good of condition"...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121221/METRO03/212210346#ixzz2FhJ3jcBZ

:eek:

So does it sound like the murderer is dumping parts around town so it doesn't lead back to him?

First off - UGGGH - not sure how I missed this case til now.

Secondly, the pieces thing, the size, it seems almost, too small? and for some reason the back of my brain is tickling.

A show I watched, like CSI, or something similar. Bout two years ago. A man had been washed through a storm sewer during a time of heavy rains. His remains has been shredded into small pieces as he was forced by the rush of water through these grate thingys way underground deep within the sewers.

but some sort of naturally occurring or happenstance "piecing" of the remains would not explain their seeming "preservation"

http://www.dailytribune.com/article...texas-lab-to-study-body-parts-found-in-warren
"“There’s really only two conclusions: One, it’s the same body, dumped a little bit at a time and kept frozen. Or, it’s a (different) body,” Nearing said.

The parts found Aug. 15 in the sewer below 15 Mile Road at Maple Lane also were fleshy, slightly decomposed and from a white person.

Investigators believe the remains found at 8 a.m. Thursday were placed into the sewer system less than 24 hours earlier, but don’t know where".

http://www.dailytribune.com/article...texas-lab-to-study-body-parts-found-in-warren
"“There’s really only two conclusions: One, it’s the same body, dumped a little bit at a time and kept frozen. Or, it’s a (different) body,” Nearing said.

The parts found Aug. 15 in the sewer below 15 Mile Road at Maple Lane also were fleshy, slightly decomposed and from a white person.

Investigators believe the remains found at 8 a.m. Thursday were placed into the sewer system less than 24 hours earlier, but don’t know where".

Maybe it's the same person, they are still alive and someone is cutting chunks off their body little by little. :puke:

It just baffles me that there are no bones or organs. Why would someone cut peices of flesh off a body and flush them, but yet still have to somehow dispose of the larger body parts?

Then again, none of the criminals actions in any of the cases I've read about here, make any sense to me.

Maybe it's the same person, they are still alive and someone is cutting chunks off their body little by little. :puke:

It just baffles me that there are no bones or organs. Why would someone cut peices of flesh off a body and flush them, but yet still have to somehow dispose of the larger body parts?

Then again, none of the criminals actions in any of the cases I've read about here, make any sense to me.

I thought of that too, but pushed it out of my mind very quickly because it was too gross for me to think about.

If it's just skin flaps and no organs or bones I suppose it could be from one of those surgeries they do to people who have lost a lot of weight and want to get rid of excess skin.

If it's just skin flaps and no organs or bones I suppose it could be from one of those surgeries they do to people who have lost a lot of weight and want to get rid of excess skin.

A "legitimate" physician would dispose of excess skin/tissue in an appropriate manner, and miscellaneous "body parts" wouldn't end up in a sewer. :moo:

BBM1
Oh Lord I certainly hope not! :( :puke:

BBM2

Good point!

~

A "legitimate" physician would dispose of excess skin/tissue in an appropriate manner, and miscellaneous "body parts" wouldn't end up in a sewer. :moo:

Yeah, probably, but it might not be a legitimate physician but one of those witch doctors that are in the news every once in a while when someone dies after they injected industrial glue in their buttocks or something.

Yeah, probably, but it might not be a legitimate physician but one of those witch doctors that are in the news every once in a while when someone dies after they injected industrial glue in their buttocks or something.

:floorlaugh:

I shudder to think about a "chop shop" anywhere near me :eek: The drain where these body parts are being found runs south from Oakland County (moi) into Macomb County (Sterling Heights, Warren).

Well, yeah, but frequently physicians contract with service companies who collect and dispose of medical wastes. There aren't a lot of checks on whether those companies are doing the job properly. We've had instances in the Boston area where "stuff" was found washed up on the beach at Revere because it had been tossed instead of incinerated.

The EPA along with a few other agencies regularly inspect those type of disposal companies. So I bet if body parts start showing up those places get a few surprise visits.
More importantly, LE must be doing DNA tests on the parts to determine if they are from the same person, which will determine the "parts disposal" question. In addition to that, LE probably is working with the sewer company to determine where the parts where put into the line in order to trace back to origin.

Unfortunately, putting the original story out into the media probably gave notice to the perp that LE was onto him and to start moving disposal sites around.

"The two new pieces were found approximately five miles from where 10 similarly cut pieces were discovered in August
Pieces are described as4-by-4 inch cubes of 'skin and fat and little bit of muscle tissue'
Police fear if the new pieces aren't related to the others they may have a serial killer on the loose
If they're related the killer is suspected of freezing the victim's body to incrementally dispose of it in chunks"

"Mills says the pieces each are about four inches square and 'look like they were pretty precisely cut — not hacked.'

Police say that if all pieces are linked to the same body, the person responsible likely froze their victim and have been incrementally disposing of it in chunks.

Detective Mel Nearing also said the body being frozen would explain the precise cuts".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-sewer--cut-4x4-inch-cubes.html#ixzz2FtqLxadi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK
Back