MI MI - Mary Lands, 39, Marshall, 12 March 2004

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by Ghostwheel, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Pyrrhonist

2. Loading...

3. Trino

Trino Active Member

Sure seems strange that a woman would go out for a walk ALONE at 10:30 p.m. The brother reported her missing, but not the live-in boyfriend. Hmmmm.

4. Ntegrity

Ntegrity Former Member

You took the words right out of my mouth. I smell sturgeon.

5. Doyle

Doyle New Member

The major crimes task force has been activated to help find a missing woman from Marshall.
    http://fox17.trb.com/news/031904-wxmi-missing,0,69819.story

Police, family, friends and volunteers are teaming up to search for clues, while Mary's fiancee is working with a national missing persons search firm and is organizing a candlelight vigil
    http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1721119

Search continues for Marshall woman missing since March 12
    http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/news/stories/20040320/localnews/112370.html

6. Juliana

Juliana New Member

One of the above articles says she was carrying her purse when she left at 10:30 pm for a walk. That seems strange to me. I never take my purse when I go for a walk.

IMO

7. Trino

Trino Active Member

I believe this posting is a duplicate. See Mary Denise Lands...

8. Doyle

Doyle New Member

9. Doyle

Doyle New Member

10. JDB

JDB Tybee you will never be forgotten

As many of you might know. I have a very dear friend that has started the MissingYOU foundation in Mich. I was reading the Laci Peterson board she statred many months ago. And there is no news on Mary Lands except this is which I find biazarre. Mary Denise Lands is related to Laci Peterson. Seems they are related on thier mother side.

11. Juliana

Juliana New Member

Mary Lands and Laci share the same middle name - Denise. Wonder how closely they are related?

12. allybeemer

allybeemer Former Member

Hi guys,

A quick correction...

Mary is NOT related to Laci Peterson. That was my mistake. However, a member of her family is, and I will not be telling you who at this time.
    Sorry for any trouble or confusion that this may have caused.

Shannon
    (ally)

13. JDB

JDB Tybee you will never be forgotten

AllY: Any news on Mary yet? An I am sorry for posting the info here. Please do not be mad at me.

14. allybeemer

allybeemer Former Member

Hey JDB!

No news as of this morning. Still hoping and praying with all that we have that she'll be brought home safely and swiftly.

Of course I'm not mad at you! It was MY error! And with a personality like yours, how could anyone be grumpy with you? Let us not forget that you were a big contributing factor in MYF's launch!

Hugs!

Shannon

15. Sam

Sam New Member

16. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

She's been missing for a year and a month, and a man who never met Mary Lands is searching for her all by himself.

On March 12, 2004, 39-year-old Mary Lands vanished from Marshall. Her fiancee was the last person to see her. He says she left her apartment to go for a walk and never returned.

Denny Olson feels a connection to this case. He says he wanted to start searching a year ago, but knew he had to let police do their investigating.

http://fox17.trb.com/news/040305-wxmi-lands,0,136353.story

17. Jillkfs

Jillkfs New Member

This was on the radio here in Sacramento this morning. Does anyone know what's going on with it? And is there really a connection to Laci?

18. crocus

crocus New Member

I read that Mary Lands mother is related to Sharon Rocha, cousins I think. It was in an article in the Battle Creek Enquirer, within the last few months.

19. CaliKid

CaliKid Former Member

Poor Sharon. I wonder if she was close to Mary. As if Laci's death isn't enough for her to deal with.

20. allybeemer

allybeemer Former Member

Just to clear up the confusion, Mary's half-sister is cousins with Sharon and Laci, not Mary's mom.

Gina, Mary's sister is the one who did the Sacremento spot on the radio. I didn't have the opportunity to hear it, but knowing Gina, I'm sure she did a wonderful job with it.

If you would like to see another video that has Mary included with it, please visit www.helpMYF.org , it's right at the top of the home page.

Shannon Dingee-Kramer
    Missing You Foundation

21. hoppyfrog

hoppyfrog Retired WS Staff

Two year anniversary of Many Lands' disappearance.

From this link: http://woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4587806

The story of Mary Lands haunts the community of Marshall.

Lands, a 39-year-old mother of two, vanished nearly 24 months ago.
    As the family plans to mark an anniversary, they're opening up for really the first time with their feelings and questions.

"It's hard. My wife cries going to work, she cries coming home. It's hard on us. We want to find her and put her to rest and we're not getting any help", says Clifford Marshall, Mary's father.

Marshall long ago allowed himself to realize the reality his daughter most likely met a horrible end. He's angered.

Jim Carlin is a private investigator who is writing a book on the case and helping the family. Carlin says there was one glaring problem early on.

Lands live-in boyfriend Chris Pratt said he and Lands had been in an argument and she walked away. Her scent was purportedly tracked to a local motel, leading to the possibility that Lands was an adult runaway.

The family knew that wasn't case and they say that lead to lost crucial moments, days, and weeks they believe.

More at link