Found Deceased MI - Mollie Schmidt (maiden name O'Meara), 33, "uncharacteristic" to leave children, Plainfield Twp, 21 Aug 2022

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Kent County Police Search for Missing Plainfield Township Woman

The Kent County Sheriff's Office is asking for help locating a missing woman from Plainfield Township.

According to police, Mollie Schmidt (maiden name O'Meara) is 33-years-old, 5'2" and approximately 100lbs, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

She was last seen on August 21st, 2022, at her home near the East Beltline and 5 Mile Rd NE, just north of Grand Rapids.

Police call her disappearance "uncharacteristic" as she has left behind children.

Mollie may be in the company of 44-year-old Yenly Garcia of Wyoming.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Kent County Sheriff's Office at (616) 632-6100.

The family of a missing Plainfield Township woman said it was unlike her to just disappear – and miss her daughter’s first day of kindergarten.

She also missed a planned visit from her father.

Mollie (O’Meara) Schmidt, 33, was last seen Aug. 21 leaving her home near East Beltline Avenue NE and Five Mile Road. She told her children she was going to work.

“We are frantic,” an aunt, Lisa McGraw, told MLive/The Grand Rapids Press. “This isn’t like her and we just want to get her home safe.”

McGraw said her brother, Michael O’Meara, had contact with his daughter just before she went missing. He stopped to visit the next day but she had not returned home.

“My brother is just sick,” McGraw said. “She’s his baby.”

She said that her niece, with five children, had looked forward to a daughter’s first day of kindergarten. It was two days after she went missing.

Yenly looks like a real pleasant guy. From the tattoos I would guess there may be some gang affiliation. How did this girl get mixed up with him? I hope that she is safe and that she wasn't hurt due to his relationships with unsavory people.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back