Identified! MI - Monroe Co, WhtFem, 28-34, Red Hair, Silver Wedding Band, #UP11758, Oct '75 - Delores Griffin

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Gardener1850, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Shin Masamura

Shin Masamura Him who is without syntax cast out the 1st pronoun

Creepedout's, Tanningbed's, Gardner1850's and others brainstorming is the great job tbh. Im just glad we are closer today to solving this than yesterday. Not a match by any means, but after 40 years of not much happening, its refreshing there are paid officials looking into this stuff.

Laughing, Bit of hope, Jim_M and 6 others like this.
  2. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola Miami-Dade Jane Doe - 1979

Great job Folks .... [​IMG]it goes to show what great collaberative talent we have here on WS

Laughing, Bit of hope, Jim_M and 6 others like this.
  3. creepedout

creepedout Well-Known Member

Very glad to hear this. Thanks to Gardener for opening this thread.

For anyone wondering, finding Delores was incredibly easy. I queried the Namus database for white females missing as late as 1975. Delores was the second result, and the first with red hair:

The Lost & The Found

cocomod, Laughing, DogRescuer and 7 others like this.
  4. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

Wow, that is remarkable feedback! I'm so glad they are looking into it seriously. And it sounds like your call encouraged the investigator to keep trying. I hope something can be done to get DNA from either the cremated remains or the hair. Technology is getting better all the time.

Bit of hope, Jim_M, madamx and 4 others like this.
  5. Firstnamefrank

Firstnamefrank Member

Laughing, Al Ka, Jim_M and 2 others like this.
  6. Firstnamefrank

Firstnamefrank Member

Thank you for your hard work. I am one of Delores's children, the youngest Frank Griffin Jr. It means a lot to our family. We don't know for sure yet as testing is being done.

7. Gardener1850

Welcome to Websleuths Frank. I'm sorry your mom has been missing for so many years. I hope you will soon have the answers you have been searching for.

8. Gardener1850

BTW, there is also a thread for your mother Delores in our missing persons section: IL - IL - Delores Griffin, 33, Romeoville, 24 Oct 1975

There is not very much information in the thread, however. If you feel there is anything we should know about your mother that thread would be a good place to share it. Members here often look through the missing persons threads to try to match up with unidentified persons like this case. So any extra info you can give over there could be helpful.

I hope the DNA brings you answers soon.

Laughing, Al Ka, Jim_M and 4 others like this.
  9. Firstnamefrank

Firstnamefrank Member

Dear Sleuths,

Thank you for your hard work. This is Frank Griffin Jr. Delores's only son. We found out earlier that DNA testing confirms the remains found in Monroe County Michigan is my mom's remains.

10. FireOwl9

FireOwl9 Someday everything will make perfect sense...

I'm very, very sorry for your loss :( May she rest in peace in heaven.

@CarlK90245, could you please label and move this to the 'Match' section of the forum? And congratulations to our fellow member @creepedout for their hard work :)

11. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Frank, My heart goes out to you and everything you have gone through for so long. I know your mother has been with you every step of The way and will always be with you. May your mothers Spirit always have light!

12. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Yes Yay for Creepedout!!! And thanks to Gardener for Starting this post!!!
    Always feels great to read someone waiting to be identified for such a long time has Finally been identified!
    .. So is this our 2nd Person Identified already for 2019? If so that is so great to hear!!

13. taramarie

taramarie Well-Known Member

Frank, we are incredibly sorry for your loss.

14. Shin Masamura

Shin Masamura Him who is without syntax cast out the 1st pronoun

What a bitter sweet way to start the morning, however hats off to everyone involved. Im always amazed what different perspectives bring to solving these cases. Incredible work by all here!

15. creepedout

creepedout Well-Known Member

Frank,

So happy to hear of this case's closure, but so sorry for your loss. Bittersweet, for sure...

- Creepedout

16. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

Frank, my deepest condolences to you and all your family.

May she finally Rest in Peace!

17. Gardener1850

Frank, I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray you have a feeling a resolution at least knowing for sure now. I cannot imagine how difficult it has been for you.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome of the tests. It is never exactly happy news but it is a good feeling for us here to know we have made a difference in some small way.

May Delores finally rest in peace.

18. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Well-Known Member

Must be horrible to know Frank but also the right thing. Many hugs.

Laughing and madamx like this.
  19. southern_scout

southern_scout Active Member

I am so sorry for your loss, Frank.

Thank you, sleuthers, for connecting the dots on this case and bringing closure to it.

Laughing and Al Ka like this.
  20. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

New news article just came out -

===
    Now 56, Henson (Delores daughter) lives in Smithland, Ky., and has a family. She said her relief is profound and is happy for her grandmother, Delores’s mother, who’s 99 years old and raised the three kids.

“I wanted this for my grandmother,” Henson said. “I wanted this so badly. I wanted this for my whole family. My mother was my best friend.”

Henson was 13 years old — the oldest of three — when their mom disappeared. She praised Preadmore for his work and dedication to a case that has been cold for decades.

“He’s the man,” Henson said. “He’s a pit bull. We kept getting closer and closer and I knew it was her. He did not quit.”
    ---
    For Henson and her siblings, there is no question as to who did it. But now they finally have their answer to where she is. Henson said she doesn’t know why her mother’s body ended up in Monroe. She surmised that her father had a girlfriend here. Or that it was simply geography; Monroe County was a straight shot from their 1975 home in Romeoville, Ill.

Now preparations are being made to have the grave exhumed so Henson could bury her mother in Kentucky at a place called Paradise Cemetery. The family is planning a memorial service in March.

“All these years and we didn’t know where she was buried,” Henson said. “I’m thankful to bring her home and we’re bringing her home. We got justice for my mother.”

Puzzling loss: Cold case solved after 43 years

Laughing, FireOwl9, wary and 5 others like this.