MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #5

Discussion in 'Nevaeh Buchanan' started by Salem, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searchfortruth

Searchfortruth New Member

Exactly. I think she tried to make it sound like she was trying to find her shoes after the first knock, but who knows. I hope LE questions her more, something is not right with her version of events. And the Grandmother's statement I just heard on the Click Detroit video, "I could go down the road accusing someone of rape", or something to that effect. What does that mean ? I hope she doesn't mean the SO's connected to her daughter were falsely accused....

2. concentric

concentric New Member

What DotsEyes mentions about it possibly being a hangout when he was younger reminds me of the movie "River's Edge" released 1986.

3. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hi!! The soil was probably taken by the forensic team for analysis. The soil can yield clues as to time of death. Warning: the article is quite graphic and not for the squeamish. I have quoted the relevant paragraph:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpa...0A35751C1A9669C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all]

4. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

Only 2 bits of info:

- Nevaeh has never been to the dentist

- Nevaeh has never been fingerprinted (like those child safety kits)

I have my son's ID card in my wallet (lists name, height, weight, dob, current picture, address, and fingerprint).

And yes, he was at the dentist by the time he was 5

:(

5. impatientredhead

impatientredhead New Member

Slight tweak- she never had xrays taken, she has been to the dentist once, it is a requirement to be in the headstart program (which she graduated from 3 days before she was taken)

6. Boyz_Mum

Boyz_Mum New Member

Thank you- being from MI and having property that is low lying, we were hard pressed to dig a 6 inch hole in the yard without some water seeping in. If the conditions around the Raisin are similar, I would think the moisture in the earth would dampen the concrete "dust" just enough for it to begin to set. (Does that make any sense?) I also wonder if there could have been enough water to cause the body and the concrete to rise up/shift, making the concrete visible.

7. amysmom

amysmom Well-Known Member

LE said all the SOs in the area were checked out but that was before she was found & the concrete covering was discovered..If they don't go back to him for that alone (he also must have some kind of truck) I'd be shocked & dismayed.

8. Peliman

Peliman New Member

Thanks Harmony, I love the forensics. I was alluding to the fishermen who found her seem to indicate they stood on top a slab of cement. It's not all that important since they found her. One would think the killer covered the cement with the dirt dug from the burial site.

9. MIMOMMY

MIMOMMY Verified insider - Julia Niswender case

Boyz --- we live directly next to some swampy state park area --- I can tell you for sure - that if we dug any kind of hole within several 100 feet - it would fill with water -- Our thinking DEFINETLY enough to cause "dust" to begin to change to concrete -- and I definetly think there might have been enough movement with the water to cause things to shift - the day she was found they were claiming that some areas of water near there were reporting strong wind gusts and I believe 3 ft waves at times.....

10. amysmom

"Shame"! "Hold head high"! WTH! That seems to be more IMP then she was murdered & probably sexually assaulted to GM :bang:

I've watched almost every video of her (& bio-mom) and haven't seen anything close to a NORMAL reaction to this horrific family tragedy..Shame on them!

11. Boyz_Mum

Boyz_Mum New Member

MIMOMMY, Thank you so much for putting it all into words for me. I'm struggling trying to type something comprehensive.

Thinking along this line with the concrete mix, high water table in the land possible, it wouldn't be wrong to think the burial spot was dug deeper than it sounds- water and earth can shift a lot- provide a "lift" to whatever is in the hole.

On our MI property, if you dug 10 inches down, the hole would actually have 2 inches of water in it by the time you'd set the tree you were planting into the hole.

MIMOMMY, hasn't there been a lot of percipitation in MI as well?

12. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

She was looking for her flip-flops. Nevermind that the child was barefoot and now playing in the street, she wasn't going outside without shoes.

What I found even more curious was her reply to the second child. She didn't say, "Tattletale said Neveah's in the street and I'm going down to find her." Instead, she says Naveah's with Aaron. (I'm rushing to get ready for work and can't look for the quote, but it was something like that.) Like I said, without corroboration, it's all speculative, and I'm not buying any of it.

For the most part, the reporters working this case wouldn't last an hour on WS. We'd all be screaming for links! :D

13. impatientredhead

impatientredhead New Member

I know the quote you are referring to, and I am in total agreement that this entire sequence is manufactured and that is why it keeps changing.

14. MIMOMMY

MIMOMMY Verified insider - Julia Niswender case

We've had pretty normal "spring" weather --- Other half works lawn care/irrigation --- and I think he had a day and a half off both last week and the week before because the ground was to wet to work......

15. amysmom

snipped

As bodies decompose, they leak five fatty acids into the ground beneath them. Each day after death, the various profiles of these acids will vary. Analysis of them can reveal the time of death, as well as pinpoint exactly how long any given body has been lying in a particular place

Bit OT (sorry!) It will be very helpful in this case but for slightly diff reasons even more so in Caylee A's..Thanks for the info! :)

16. Tboy4

Tboy4 Member

17. concentric

concentric New Member

I wonder if the perp laid in wait around a somewhat secluded corner of the building right near his vehicle and when she rounded that corner, placed his hand over her mouth and grabbed her off the scooter and quickly into the vehicle?

Do most of you think that she was even on the scooter when/if she was abducted?

18. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

19. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

A thought occurred to me last night and the reason is that I've been focusing in my mind on the male RSO's in that community or the ones that were known to the Mother (that we know about).

We need to also make sure there aren't female RSO's in the area too. Just a thought.

20. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Here's another pic of the same green vehicle.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.