MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found encased in concrete - #7

Your welcome. it's been a very long time since I have been on this thread. Thank You for bringing it forward.

This case has some similarities in the case of Michelle Norris in RI. I hope the person (s) responsible are found. Such a disturbing case. Innocence lost. May Nevaeh fly high with the angels.

Naming a the child 'Nevaeh' in this case was sadly, nominative determinism.

It's been a long time since I've been on this thread too.
Her name Nevaeh always struck a chord with me after it was posted that her name was heaven spelled backwards. It's hard to believe that no one has ever been convicted of this crime.

I found this article that mentions they may have a suspect who is in prison now. I would have thought any DNA that would have been protected from the elements by the cement would have already been tested for a match against the person.

Who killed Nevaeh Buchanan 9 years ago?

Monroe County girl Neveah Buchanan's murder unsolved after nearly 10 years

MONROE, Mich. - It's been nearly 10 years since Neveah Buchanan was last seen playing outside an apartment complex in Monroe, Mich.

An Amber Alert was issued for the 5-year-old on May 24, 2009 -- but her body was found just days later on June 4, buried near the River Raisin. She was encased in concrete...

Monroe County girl Neveah Buchanan's murder unsolved after nearly 10 years

MONROE, Mich. - It's been nearly 10 years since Neveah Buchanan was last seen playing outside an apartment complex in Monroe, Mich.

An Amber Alert was issued for the 5-year-old on May 24, 2009 -- but her body was found just days later on June 4, buried near the River Raisin. She was encased in concrete...

Snipped from article <
In an interview with Local 4 in 2012, Jennifer Buchanan said she still hears accusations that she killed her daughter.

“I have nothing to do with this. If I did, I wouldn’t be sitting here talking to you,” she said. She added she had not spoken to police in almost two years.“> end snip

Not sure if JB’s whole statement is from the 2012 interview. If so, why go 2 years without contacting LE to get an update?

That lil baby was around two pedos and mom knew about it. Full awareness makes it hard not to carry the burden of guilt. People want answers, shes not pushing for more. I just remember her asking for money at the first meeting about Nevaeh to help with the search ....ofcourse. It was strange that when the man who found her ( that i know personally ) called the police it took them 2 hours to get to the river. Why such a delay not that it would have changed anything. IMOo
Nancy Grace Has Some Tough Qestions For Mother That Be-friends Sex Offender

This poor baby didn't have a chance. I found the mention about police.

"May 2014
May 22 - The Monroe News publishes a report that several investigators say they believe they who took and killed Nevaeh Buchanan; his name was not published but details provided include the fact this man was not any of the “persons of interest” named early in the investigation and that he is in prison on another felony charge."

Nevaeh Buchanan timeline of events

Over the course of the investigation, members of the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office have investigated over 2,000 tips that have been received and continue to investigate any and all submitted tips.

For several days in late May and early June 2009, Monroe-area residents had just one question on their minds:

Where is Nevaeh Buchanan?

<modsnip: snipped, including timeline, to comply with 10% copyright rule>

May 22, 2014 — Several investigators say they believe they know who took and killed Nevaeh and that he was not any of the “persons of interest” named early in the investigation. He was by this time in prison on another felony charge.

Community still mourns death of Nevaeh

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else find it odd that her mother has part of the cement in which she was buried incorporated into a memorial? Given that the cement was likely the cause of her death, I find it very, very odd.

Did anyone else find it odd that her mother has part of the cement in which she was buried incorporated into a memorial? Given that the cement was likely the cause of her death, I find it very, very odd.

Having had children die, I have done things others would consider odd. IMO, that little piece of cement could be meaningful because it was the very last thing her daughter touched on this earth. Could be wrong, but that would be my take.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back