MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked before but there are so many posts going on, does anyone know how much the cement block would weigh and if it's possible for only one person to have poured it and dumped it by himself?

Oh, dear Lord!! Poor little Angel!!
My prayers for her family. I hope Justice is swift!!

The setting of concrete is a physical-chemical reaction. Generally, this chemical reaction is altered by approximately one-third for each 10 degrees Fahrenheit change.

"As an example of the relationship between temperature and setting times, concrete at 70°F will set in about 6 hours. Assuming both the concrete and the ambient temperatures are the same, here is when you can expect concrete to reach inital set at other temperatures:
Temperature Setting Time (appprox)
100°F 1hr 40min
90°F 2hr 40min
80°F 4hr
70°F 6hr
60°F 8hr
50°F 10hr 40min
40°F 14hr 40min
30°F 19hr+ " found this from the website: http://www.paramountreadymix.com/rm_pro_mod.php4

So if it were about 70 degrees there (do not know the temp in that time) it would have taken aprox 6 hours to set with ready mix...assuming that is the concrete that was used...

One account we read was quoting a teenager as saying that his Dad and grandfather were fishing this morning, there was smelly concrete, and his Dad scraped some of the concrete away and saw skin.

Someone posted a comment on the news article and said that GK lived close to a cement plant. (I posted this on the new Neveah thread #3)

RIP Nevaeh, May justice be swift and severe for all who contibuted directly and indirectly in this horrible crime - this makes me sick to my stomach.

Someone posted a comment on the news article and said that GK lived close to a cement plant. (I posted this on the new Neveah thread #3)
I saw that, too, and googled it. G&B Cement Contractors is located at 15375 S Dixie Hwy. Motel 7 is at 15390.

Investigators Find Body in Monroe Co.
Updated: Thursday, 04 Jun 2009, 9:09 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 04 Jun 2009, 7:58 PM EDT
<snipped>
We have breaking news from Monroe County. We're told investigators have found a body and it's very likely that of five-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan. Investigators have been collecting evidence for several hours from the banks of the River Raisin. Officers were also seen going into her home, and the family's pastor says it's almost certainly her.

Nevaeh Buchanan disappeared ten days ago from her Monroe apartment complex. Again, a body has been found and we're awaiting confirmation.

Stay with FOX 2 News and myFOXDetroit.com for the latest on this developing story.

Article:
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/090604_search_nevaeh

:angel:

Wait! BF baby-raper George was fishing the day Nevaeh went missing?

Good grief.

How far is the dump site from her home? Anyone?

April Tinsley was clothed (1988 I think) and she was raped and suffocated. I read that on CNN just today, and then this.

I am sobbing right now. I don't even want to go outside because this is happening so close to home.

I don't live far from where April's body was found and am still in the area. I am so glad the case was on AMW and it is being looked into again and hopefully will be solved so her family can have closure. As far as things like that happening around here, no, Ft. Wayne is a big city but still you don't hear of things happening like that there often at all-more of domestic or drug related shootings.

This is so heartbreaking. And that mother just gives me the creeps the way she acts-she didn't seem very upset that her daughter was missing, did she?
Haven't seen how she is reacting to the death and discovery yet. A mother is supposed to watch over and protect the innocent child. She definitely failed at that, even if she didn't have custody she was still in charge of her that day she went missing. I'm sure there is plenty more to this story we will hear about and not good, either.
This is so awful-my heart breaks for Neveah. At least she has been found and can be properly laid to rest unlike Haleigh.
Thanks to all you WS's for keeping the info posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa