MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know but I am not getting that impression. It seems like she was buried in a shallow grave on the bank close to the river and a concrete block placed on top of the makeshift grave.

The son kicked the soil (imo underneath the concrete block) and that is when he saw skin so whomever put her in the shallow grave barely had her covered with dirt.

JMO though

In the live news report they said that Quik-crete was poured over the body in the shallow grave.

EDIT to add: They were led to the grave because of the odor. The father chipped away some of the concrete and found skin underneath.

I was thinking they should be knockout and Implant with a gps mico chip, I also think that the public should be able to look up and see the terms of a the gps and where they are allow to go and curfews.:furious:

the trouble in Illinos I don't know if we have any senators that would care, they are all to worry about cover their own butt right now:mad:

I have seen that suggested before along with monitoring with ankle bracelets and such. The cost for monitoring and tracking is a big roadblock for state agencies.
My vote is to send them all to thier own island that is infected with an illness that they may suffer slow, painful deaths. There is no cure/rehabilitaion for them, IMO.

It's beginning to sound like a shallow grave with a light layer of concrete poured on top of it. :waitasec: MOO

Well hopefully we will have a better description tomorrow.

I think it was a concrete block placed on top of the shallow grave.

Almost as if someone was making a marker expecting to return. Why mark the grave with anything? Why wouldn't they just bury her and hope the foliage grew back over the grave. It just makes me go hmmm:waitasec: for some reason.

imo

I was thinking they should be knockout and Implant with a gps mico chip, I also think that the public should be able to look up and see the terms of a the gps and where they are allow to go and curfews.:furious:

the trouble in Illinos I don't know if we have any senators that would care, they are all to worry about cover their own butt right now:mad:

I have come to find out most people do not want to know. Do not want to talk/discuss it until it happens in their hometown. Most folks want to deny the reality of it all because it makes them feel safer. I can't get my own family to listen.......

I did find that odd Bee. Why was she on the bank and at the edge of the river with the river right there?

Yes, it is good that she has been found. The townfolk fell in love with Nevaeh and they will see to it that she is buried properly.

imo

I'm thinking the genius thought he would encase the body in concrete and push her into the water and it would never be found, but he realized that wouldn't work so he just dug a hole and but her in there and covered her with the concrete and added water. Not to bright.

Actually, he/she could have dug an oblong hole in the bank of the water, placed the body in it, poured the quick-crete in it and used the water from the river. Could have all been done onsite there.

From the description of the man and boy fishing, it doesn't seem like it was a very thick layer covering Nevaeh's body if he was able to scrape it away.

Sounds about right according to this...

Investigators in white crime scene fatigues arrived at the scene this evening and remained some nine hours later, reportedly recovering evidence from what was a shallow grave along the water’s edge that had been covered with some kind of fast drying cement powder.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090604/NEWS06/90604076/Body+near+river+said+to+be+Nevaeh

Prayers for the man and his son that found her. This discovery has got to be horrifying for them. How old was his son? They will carry this memory for the rest of their life :(

In the live news report they said that Quik-crete was poured over the body in the shallow grave.

EDIT to add: They were led to the grave because of the odor. The father chipped away some of the concrete and found skin underneath.

Thanks. I was thinking in a formed shaped. Geez, can't believe I wrote that.

Now brings the concern of the blood they found in the motel. Hope I am wrong. I know it was not Navaeh's. And now this other RSO? Thanks MomDet for the hard work.

I can hardly speak, being from Monroe almost all my life, it hits home as if I knew the child. Just today I was involved in a case where CPS removed a child, because she is engaged to a RSO who just went back to prison for violation, being around this mother and child. The mother stated she read his case file the girl and the RSO talked about having sex before it happened, so she knew what she was doing. The girl also was special needs. I wanted to pull up this case and just show her what could possibly happen. But the mother is in love and would never do anything to hurt her. This is unreal. This is one of my worse days in a long time.

(((((((((tunker2000)))))))))

The horrors these children endure ... a bad day indeed! I hope you find many smiling moments tomarrow tunker

It was Ryan's (teenager) dad and grandpa who discovered the spot. They were trying out a new fishing spot.

Cement was a thin layer covering body.

Well, hopefully we will know more tomorrow. I hope the ME will be able to do an autopsy tomorrow.

What I am worried about is how the ME can get the concrete off. Evidently the body was in a state of decomposition. Sorry for the graphic thought.

The only consolation here is knowing that Nevaeh will never know any more pain or fright and can be given a dignified burial. May God hold her in the palm of His hand and also bless those who really did love her.

From the pictures, it looks like the area where she was found is made up mostly of big slabs of rock. Maybe the perp thought if he tossed some dirt and a few stones over the concrete slab it would blend in.

So far I haven't seen any close ups, just the ones from the helicopter. For what it's worth, I'm glad the boy and his father went fishing today and decided to check out the "rock" that didn't belong.

My thoughts and prayer's go out to Nevaeh's family..this is a very sad day for them..God speed to LE to find the person responsible for this horiffic act.

We are getting conflicting reports which is normal when the case is first breaking.

This one makes more sense to me.

http://www.freep.com/article/200906...=rShlVR3ZF5+flsaKbcl2BLmomCFVu7uwMDvjWf6zV0I=

The pair – a man and his father -- noticed a disruption in the soil along the edge of the river and saw a large cement block and a chip in it, from which a terrible smell emanated.

The younger man apparently poked at the soil and saw skin. They immediately contacted police.

Prayers for the man and his son that found her. This discovery has got to be horrifying for them. How old was his son? They will carry this memory for the rest of their life :(
The live report just said the son is 15 and his father is horrified. They smelled the smell of death, and that stays with you the rest of your life.

Well hopefully we will have a better description tomorrow.

I think it was a concrete block placed on top of the shallow grave.

Almost as if someone was making a marker expecting to return. Why mark the grave with anything? Why wouldn't they just bury her and hope the foliage grew back over the grave. It just makes me go hmmm:waitasec: for some reason.

imo
A concrete block would be solid and couldn't be chipped away at with someone's hand. This sounds like it was freshly poured over a shallow grave and didn't even set right, and/or was just a thin layer. Just MOO from the latest report!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine