MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Anyhow since your familiar with the area, do you recognize the pic below as being Greenwood Apartments? It's become apparent to me that Nevaeh was allowed to wander quite a distance unsupervised. There's also a RSO that lives in this apartment building :bang: This is a 2 mile walk from her home. Looking at the google map from 1166 N Macomb to 20 N Roessler, I'm wondering if she cut thru St. Joseph's cemetary to get onto Lavender ...
Sorry nomoresorrow, I cannot give you a positive I.D. on the apartment building, but perhaps the WS members who are local residents can help you out. Regarding St. Joe's cemetery, it is very unlikely that she went in there on her own and was still able to make it through without someone noticing her. It is very large, fenced in, and fairly ominous for a five year old. I get lost very easily in there - and I have family buried there! Not to mention, the cemetery, along with the large complex and undeveloped land that butts up to the West of it and goes all the way to Elm St. is privately owned by the Catholic Church and they don't take kindly to wandering trespassers.

DotsEyes, I just wanted to thank you for your post #562. It is a long one, so I will not quote it here. But............thank you!

I have not been able to develop a single perp at all in this case. Normally, I am very vocal about it. I just don't see one person and cannot narrow it down at this point. Dammit.

There are so many people who could be responsible for this in her life. To date, GK has the most weight, imo. However, I am just not getting him being the perp. Go figure.
I think Roy Lee Smith should remain on the radar as well. He was the second person of interest named (and jailed) in this case. If you go to the forensic astro thread for Neveah he fits Tuba's description of the perp to a T. The van was Roy Lee Smith's. There has not been much said about him but he also lived nearby and was a good buddy of George.

I have been reading for almost 4 hours to catch up. I know right where the spot is that they found her, I grew up right off of M-50 going toward Monroe. My sister still lives in my parents house, one of my cousins lives on Dixon road about 1 or so from there. I read some place that Kennedy's new gf Savannah does have, 2 small children (not totally sure if only 2) She is a single mom and started the day care to stay at home. I believe at some point she lived in a trailer park off of 7th street, not sure which one, but there are two. In one of the reports it stated that Nevaeh was seen playing alone in willow green trailer park, the night before she went missing, that is one of the trailer parks off of 7th street. I also read here taht the fence was cut to the cement plant next to the motel, could this be where the blood came from, did they cut themselves while squeezing threw the fence to get supplies. Could the multi tool be used to cut the fence. I wonder if they have checked near the fence for blood or finger prints. We do have a lowels in town and a few other places that sell concrete, not sure if it is the same size and kind. A few posts back it states it was a 90 lbs bag, was the bag found at the scene or did the cement block - Nevaeh weight = 90 lbs. On vinelink it shows that Kennedy was transfered to Agency Michigan DOC Address 1:Grandview Plaza Building Address 2:p.O. Box 30003 City:Lansing State/Province:MI Zip Code:48909 County:DOC Phone:(517) 373-0270. Which is less then 5 miles from where I live now.

http://www.nauticexpo.com/prod/victorinox/fishing-multi-tool-knife-24978-109106.html

bold is mine... great question... I looked up fishing multi tools. They come with wire crimpers and wire cutters...

It bothers you for good reason.
"Mom" had only been back for 4-5 months.
She was new in Nevaeh's life.
In that time frame she brings a known sex offender around her kid.

And then if that wasn't enough she herself blurs the boundaries for this little girl. No need to wait for GK to groom her and buy her trust, she has her own mother telling her that this is "daddy george" and putting him in a father figure role. He has been seeing Savannah for a month so this daddy thing had to have started on about day one.

Even if Nevaeh's own radar system told her something was off about the new guy who bought her toys and clothes and was trying way to hard to earn her trust.... she was already being taught to override that intuition, to ignore it, that she was wrong. Daddy George just loved her. GAG.

This is one of the parts that just makes me feel so sad for Nevaeh. I have no doubt that she did want to be like other kids who had a daddy that thought they were precious and so special. Daddies who showered their children with love, attention and special gifts. I can see why Nevaeh would have been a needy child because other than her uncle and perhaps her grandmother she had very little love in her life.

Sadly I do think Nevaeh thought GK loved her and was elated that he did but little did she know in her trusting and believing world, he did not love her at all. He knew how to manipulate her to gain her trust. He knew this child needed love and attention so he knew all he had to do was mimic those things to gain her trust and love. He preyed upon her innocence and trusting heart knowing all along he was the wolf in sheep's clothing.

imo

I just started a new job so I've been really busy and unable to keep up with the news/WS - and it breaks my heart that there have been TWO more missing and then murdered children making the national news. Where are these parents! This mother is paling around with sex offenders? We can criticize the police and the judicial system for not locking up sex offenders for longer, for not adequately protecting children, but all of the laws in the world will not protect anyone if MOTHERS and FATHERS invite these kinds of sick people into their family homes.

I was just watching TV and one of those ASPCA commercials came on - that show abused animals and ask for your help. I think its about time for an ASPCC: "American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children." There are just too many monsters in this world, and not enough people protecting our children. Seriously- maybe PETA could participate. They way they go after people who eat meat, think of what they could do to PROTECT children?

OT but I am becoming so jaded by these cases. I started volunteering for a program where we provide free legal services to abused women and children to obtain orders of protection from their abusers - but now I am disheartened that that's not even enough. I want to take all the children in, as impractical as that is- there are so many wonderful people I know who really want children but can't have them. I really don't think raising children should be a biological right. Sigh

EDIT: I know we have wonderful organizations like the Center for Missing and Exploited Children and Klass Kids, and they do amazing work. I meant more that I wish there was enough interest and money flowing into these organizations to make them powerful lobbies on Congress and able to advertise nationally. I didn't mean to down-play what existing organizations do. I saw the ASPCA commercial and the thought just popped into my head, "dogs are great, but what about children?"

I think Roy Lee Smith should remain on the radar as well. He was the second person of interest named (and jailed) in this case. If you go to the forensic astro thread for Neveah he fits Tuba's description of the perp to a T. The van was Roy Lee Smith's. There has not been much said about him but he also lived nearby and was a good buddy of George.

I definitely think Roy is involved. I think he is involved in the cover up and the burial and the blood on the shirt might be his. The van and its convenient change of ownership in the same time frame I think will be of huge significance.

The only thing good about the number of players is someone is going to talk to cover their own *advertiser censored*.

Thank you! I am still looking for a timeline. I have read about Nevaeh's alleged trip to the store after the Aaron Baker/Krystal Kuhn 3:30 or 3:45 dismissal from lunch; however, I have not heard anything specific about Nevaeh and Jennifer's trip to KMart. Anyone have a link?
It was the article/video on wxyz that interviewed the father of the little boy that Neveah was playing with that afternoon. The mother of the little boy said that Jennifer came and got Neveah around 3:30 to "go to the store".. The link is on this thread or thread three I believe. I will try to find it when I get back later today

Just speculating here, but what if JB went to get a 'fix' at the same time she reportedly took Nevaeh to K-Mart? Then she came home and used her 'fix'.

Also, I wonder who lives at Greenwood Apartments that would make Savannah go there to supposedly search for Nevaeh? Does she live there or a dealer live there?

Who is this Savannah? Usually someone would have sleuthed her out by now.

That is a very steep embankment leading down to the spot on the river where Nevaeh was found. This was a big undertaking for this to carry a body down that steep an embankment, then go back up to get the bag of quick-crete. I tend to think that the had help.

Every new piece of information brings new questions.

JB doesn't need to get too comfortable. After Nevaeh's funeral, I think that LE will be demanding more answers from her, IMO. LE and the FBI certainly know more than we do - that is always the case. I have no doubt that the true murderer(s) will be named and brought to justice. I just have no idea who that will be. There are so many I would love to see spend the rest of their life in prison.

RIP, Nevaeh - Heaven's new little angel.

I just started a new job so I've been really busy and unable to keep up with the news/WS - and it breaks my heart that there have been TWO more missing and then murdered children making the national news. Where are these parents! This mother is paling around with sex offenders? We can criticize the police and the judicial system for not locking up sex offenders for longer, for not adequately protecting children, but all of the laws in the world will not protect anyone if MOTHERS and FATHERS invite these kinds of sick people into their family homes.

I was just watching TV and one of those ASPCA commercials came on - that show abused animals and ask for your help. I think its about time for an ASPCC: "American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children." There are just too many monsters in this world, and not enough people protecting our children. Seriously- maybe PETA could participate. They way they go after people who eat meat, think of what they could do to PROTECT children?

OT but I am becoming so jaded by these cases. I started volunteering for a program where we provide free legal services to abused women and children to obtain orders of protection from their abusers - but now I am disheartened that that's not even enough. I want to take all the children in, as impractical as that is- there are so many wonderful people I know who really want children but can't have them. I really don't think raising children should be a biological right. Sigh

I posted this in another thread but I do volunteer work with rescuing and rehoming Malamutes. I have seen two cases very recently where due to a neglect charge, not sadistic torture but failure to provide adequate care, the owner had to release the Malamute which was then transferred to us for care and they had to give up their right to have a animal while living in this county FOREVER. They cannot have an animal that belongs to someone else on the property and they cannot live on someone else's property that owns an animal. And the county follows up with periodic checks, the animal control officer that picksup strays in that neighborhood monitors the banned address for animals present. We do that for dogs, but not for kids.

In the opposition of all reason and common sense we return survivors to parents who have demonstrated a clear lack of bonding with their child, shown they are cruel, sadistic and indifferent to their own child's pain. And in the cases where the kid is not returned, or even worse in cases where the child has died, we can't infringe on their reprodcutive rights so they just have more. How many women have we seen testifying at the murder and abuse trials of their first child show up pregnant? It makes me mental to think about how ridiculous that is.

I am all for the idea that we have the right to reproduce and that we are all entitled to the benefit of the doubt but once you have demonstrated that you lack the humanity to be a parent that right should be revoked. Driving is a privilege that we will take from members of society that show they can't do it without harming others. Animal ownership is a privilege we will revoke if you demonstrate an inability to provide appropriate care.

PLEASE CONTINUE HERE: MI - AMBER ALERT! 5 year old Nevaeh Buchanan, Body Found #5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I WILL ASK THE MODS TO LOCK THIS THREAD. I have pm'd the mods to lock this thread. However, they are not online right now. So... please be aware that this thread will be locked at some point in the future :) and if you are in the middle of typing up a post, you may lose it. In order to avoid that, copy your post BEFORE hitting the Post button. If the thread is locked, you will then be able to paste your post in the new thread.

THANKS,

SALEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members