GUILTY MI - Officer critical after stabbing at Bishop International Airport in Flint, June 2017 *arrest*

I don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I have never blamed all Muslims. Not once. In fact I have always sympathized with peaceful Muslims and my heart breaks for all of the lives that have been taken by the Islamic extremists.

There are countless Muslims in our country from another country. Many are born here and plenty belong to the Black Muslim Brotherhood and other Muslim groups.

Are you saying it is wise to not properly vet all Muslims from terrorist riddled countries and just let them all in simply because they are Muslims? Refugees that are supported by the taxpayers? Christians have also been denied from entering our country.

So you think if Muslims see something very suspicious going on in their communities or mosques they shouldn't cooperate with the authorities and report it? Two weeks before Omar Mateen became the worst mass shooter in our history he listened to a visiting Imam at his Mosque who was advocating violence and hatred against homosexuals. So you are okay with that every Muslim in attendance remained silent even though it could have had a chance of preventing 49 innocent lives lost and 53 injured had they reported it?

So you would prefer that we be like the UK who now has 23,000 jihadists inside their country?

I wish as much sympathy and understanding would be given to Christians as those who are Muslims.

I don't understand how you're getting these kinds of things from what I'm posting.

I have never blamed all Muslims. Not once. In fact I have always sympathized with peaceful Muslims and my heart breaks for all of the lives that have been taken by the Islamic extremists.

There are countless Muslims in our country from another country. Many are born here and plenty belong to the Black Muslim Brotherhood and other Muslim groups.

Are you saying it is wise to not properly vet all Muslims from terrorist riddled countries and just let them all in simply because they are Muslims? Refugees that are supported by the taxpayers? Christians have also been denied from entering our country.

So you think if Muslims see something very suspicious going on in their communities or mosques they shouldn't cooperate with the authorities and report it? Two weeks before Omar Mateen became the worst mass shooter in our history he listened to a visiting Imam at his Mosque who was advocating violence and hatred against homosexuals. So you are okay with that every Muslim in attendance remained silent even though it could have had a chance of preventing 49 innocent lives lost and 53 injured had they reported it?

So you would prefer that we be like the UK who now has 23,000 jihadists inside their country?

I wish as much sympathy and understanding would be given to Christians as those who are Muslims.

You are simply reading a lot of stuff in Tawny's post that isn't there. A sincere suggestion - maybe step back and ask yourself why you are.

Sorry, OBE!
I thought my quoting KAJ would bring more agreement and unity.
All it seemed to have done was bring up tit for tat, once again. I did not mean to start this political/religious back and forth. Lesson learned.

I don't have "hatred and fear." I'm tired of it. So I guess the word would be intolerant? Have your culture, wear your abaya and scarves, but at least try to assimilate somewhat. Learn some English, at least enough to where when you come in the place I work and I say "hello" to you, you can answer back, instead of moving past me like I don't exist.

If you're from here, we used to have immigrant groups in particular areas of the city that were able to keep their cultures alive but assimilated for the most part. These people do not. They keep to their own kind, they for a large part won't learn the language, and so on. It's different and it's not a good different.

I live in a foreign country now where hubby and I are the only Ameticans for at least a couple of miles. Our neighbors are super nice, bringing us fruit and other things.

We have potlucks at our house about once a month.

We do not speak their languages and they speak little English. We are trying to learn the language but it is not easy.

If anyone has tried to learn English. Ugh. I teach my neighbors but English makes no sense. Past perfect, past imperfect. Who remembers all of that? Not me. Try teaching it when you are not an English teacher.

Anyway, not knowing the language of a country where you live is crippling, Hubby and I are like infants needing help with so many things. I doubt if anyone in the US likes not knowing the language. Like hubby and I, we wish we would wake up one morning speaking the language .

Thank you for replying, but I still don't see the necessity to include what Christians did long ago with what those in the world are experiencing now with the barbaric murders being done by Islamic extremists all over the world in a much more advance modern century.

And for the record, imo, those who took life long ago hiding behind Christianity were no more Christians than the Islamic cult members of today who are doing sadistic terrorists attacks on the innocent all around the world including our own. They couldn't have been true Christians because our loving God makes it very clear "Thou shall not kill."

The ISIS barbarians of today that has destroyed precious life are not Muslims either. They believe they will be rewarded for murdering the infidels. They believe that dying is more valuable than life when they murder others. They say this is what their bible teaches them to do including murdering other peaceful Muslims.

By bringing up what 'Christians' did in the long ago past gives me the feeling of 'well Christians once did it too' as if that somehow makes what ISIS is doing in today's time less horrendous.

When Christians of today gather in mass like a spreading oozing overfilled septic tank to become religious terrorists around the world, and start cutting heads off, burning people alive including young innocent children, drowning their victims or blowing them apart or running over them with a large vehicle or shooting and stabbing innocent people including little babies only then they will be relevant to what the world is facing today.

Now if Christians of today were doing these same barbaric murders all over the world it would be very relevant to discuss it but since it is not happening in this century I see no need to interject the past into the grave problems the world is facing when it comes to Islamic fanatical extremists.

It certainly does nothing to unify all religions. What Christians may have done in the past in mass murders compared to Christians today is no more relevant than it would be to include all other peaceful Muslims of today who are not Islamic cult members but countless numbers of them have been victims themselves by the fanatical Islamic extremists.:(

JMO

You may wish to google what some "Christian" groups are doing today.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2017/06/23/22733495.html
The Montreal man accused of trying to kill an airport cop in the U.S. did so on a highly symbolic day for Muslims, TVA reports.

It’s one of the nights that ends the month of Ramadan and is in memory of the angel Gabriel, who revealed the Qur’an to the Prophet Muhammad.

A man described as a quiet and kind, Ftouhi’s suspected sinister actions underline how difficult it is to pinpoint aspiring terrorists, Deparice-Okomba said.

“This event reminds us that in terms of radicalization and terrorism there is no profile,” Deparice-Okomba said, adding most terrorists are between the ages of 17 and 30.

Meanwhile, Lt. Jeff Neville who was stabbed in the neck is recovering from the 30.5 cm gash that narrowly missed his major arteries and nerves.

“This was a matter of millimeters,” Dr. Donald Scholten told reporters. “The slash was probably very, very close to severing his major arteries and nerve — perhaps even his windpipe and digestive systems...This was not a shaving nick, if you will. This was significant force.”

Officer stabbed in Flint airport terror attack released from hospital
Lt. Jeff Neville discharged from hospital

By Derick Hutchinson

Posted: 3:45 PM, June 26, 2017
Updated: 3:53 PM, June 26, 2017

FLINT, Mich. - A Flint airport officer who was stabbed last week during a terror attack at Bishop International Airport has been discharged from the hospital, officials announced.

Doctors said Friday that Lt. Jeff Neville was continuing to improve. They expected him to be released soon, and he got out of the hospital on Monday afternoon...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-airport-terror-attack-released-from-hospital

http://www.cp24.com/news/montreal-m...-flint-mich-airport-cop-denied-bond-1.3479921
June 28 2017
FLINT, Mich. -- A judge on Wednesday ordered a Canadian man to remain in jail while he faces a charge of stabbing an airport police officer in Flint, Michigan, in a possible act of terrorism.

Ftouhi wore a medical mask over his mouth and twice mumbled words as he entered court for the brief hearing. No members of his family were present. Security was greatly enhanced: Two U.S. marshals and a court officer were at the courtroom door while others stood watch just steps from the defence table.

http://www.abc12.com/content/news/F...10000-following-Friday-prayers-433192113.html

Flint's Muslim community, which immediately condemned last month's attack on Lt.Jeff Neville at Bishop International Airport, presented the officer with a check for ten thousand dollars today.

We asked Neville if he's been able to forgive his attacker to which he replied, " I think I have, it's not helpful to hate," he noted, "he didn't attack me personally, I was a symbol. If he had known me he wouldn't have attacked me."

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Amor Ftouhi, a Tunisian national accused of stabbing a police officer during a terror attack last year at Bishop International Airport in Flint, will stand trial next month after his lawyer dropped a tentative request to mount a diminished capacity defense.

Ftouhi set for trial after lawyer drops competency defense

Ftouhi will stand trial Nov. 5 in front of U.S. District Judge Linda Parker in Flint.

I live in the greater Detroit area and never heard of this act of terrorism at the time. I found the thread accidentally while searching for info on the shooting in East Lansing last night (this morning?) Can’t believe I didn’t see this before. We’ve flown out of Flint many times because it smaller, easier to park, get through security, etc and not much farther for me to drive to Flint as to DTW. This world is so mixed up and crazy. I’ve gotten fearful to go to Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi even.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back