Found Deceased MI - Omarion Humphrey, 8, Lake Callis, 4 Jul 2015

I'm just not sure what to think on this one. With all of the searches and strategies used it really seems like he's not in the park (although the fact that they searched the lake 6 times, cleared it and are now going back again does kind of concern me). His multiple wanderings earlier in the day seemed geared towards accessing the splash pad, to the point that foster mom bought him a wristband because he kept sneaking in. Why would he suddenly decide to hide somewhere instead of just heading back to the splash pad?

At the same time, he doesn't seem like an ideal target for a stranger abduction - so much unpredictability with children with special needs. I can't help but wonder if he went with someone familiar to him. I've seen it suggested that it almost seems like foster family were "hoping" he'd wander off. You don't think the earlier wanderings were setting the stage for a "runaway" situation when in fact it was something else, do you? I just can't fathom how he was returned to them multiple times with warnings to keep an eye on him and yet Mars STILL managed to be lost.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/07/more_than_800_law_enforcement.html#incart_river

Over 800 professional searchers and some new bloodhounds are out searching today. Searchers are going door to door in a 5 mile radius and checking back yards. They haven't gotten to our house yet but I am sure they will because we are well within the 5 mile radius. It was quite chilly early this morning but is getting warmer now and the sun is shining off and on, no rain today. I hope this will be the day that Omarion will be found. There is a big behind the scenes investigation too into the families, both foster and biological. I don't think the bio parents know where he is. Not as sure about the foster family. I hope Omarion's siblings will be taken from the foster parents and that they will no longer be used to foster children.

I hope he is found safe. But, I am afraid for him and his family. If he is not found alive and/or safe, I hope the foster parents will be charged and not have access to any other children. It is inconceivable that they were asked four times to better supervise him. That constitutes notice of lack of supervision, especially since he was away from the foster parents for an hour at one point.

Bless him and his family. How devastating!

Is alcohol allowed at this park? I know there was mention of the foster family eating dinner during the original search on Saturday, but were they drinking, too?

A bunch of months ago, there was a family that died of CO poisoning because they were using space heaters (VA, I think). The dad was doing what he could to keep his kids-- he worked, he tried to keep their home. Sounds like this family may be similar---doing their best but living on the margin. So sad.

A bunch of months ago, there was a family that died of CO poisoning because they were using space heaters (VA, I think). The dad was doing what he could to keep his kids-- he worked, he tried to keep their home. Sounds like this family may be similar---doing their best but living on the margin. So sad.

Is this in reference to the foster family? If so they probably shouldn't have had foster kids.

Is this in reference to the foster family? If so they probably shouldn't have had foster kids.

I think the original poster meant the bio family, since the reports say the kids were taken away due to inadequate housing.

I'm sure his bio family loves him, but I wish they'd been doing more to get their older kids back instead of having more babies.

No, this was a family with many kids but living close to the margins like the Humphrey family has been described as doing, which caused the Omarion and other kids to be removed. Sorry for the confusion.

I think the original poster meant the bio family, since the reports say the kids were taken away due to inadequate housing.

I'm sure his bio family loves him, but I wish they'd been doing more to get their older kids back instead of having more babies.

I don't think it's related to this case. Maybe the VA means that incident was in Virginia. :moo:

Thanks for the clarification. You put it more succinctly.

I don't have thoughts on people who have many kids based on preference or religion but it certainly poses issues when you live close to the bone.

Omarion Humphrey's birth mother at center of court hearing

Posted: Jul 07, 2015 7:44 PM EDT Updated: Jul 07, 2015 7:44 PM EDT

PONTIAC, MI (WNEM) -
Despite allegations of abuse and neglect related to her own parenting, Khisha Humphrey, the biological mom of missing nine year old Omarion Humphrey, is taking aim at his foster parents.

"I think there should be criminal charges. You lost a whole child, a whole person," Humphrey said.

The foster parents were his guardians at the time he disappeared July 4th from a park in Davison Township. They remained unidentified during court proceedings today open to the news media...

"Hopefully they find him,” Humphrey said. “I know they're going to find him. But I know he's not in that park."

http://www.wnem.com/story/29496127/omarion-humphreys-birth-mother-at-center-of-court-hearing

How does the biological mother know that Omarion is not in the park? One of the older siblings (sister) said the same thing in an interview over the weekend. :waitasec: If they weren't at the park when Omarion went missing, how do they know that he won't be found in the park where he was last seen with the foster family? I'm still skeptical about what is going on in this situation, and I'm glad that authorities continue to interview both families.

Channel 4 news at 4:00: Jason Colthorp reporting from the search site again today. So far, massive search has turned up nothing. Another update at 5:00 includes what the biological family is doing to try to find Omarion.

i hope they find omarion, it reminds me of jaliek rainwalker's case: child with special needs who went missing and has not be found. there were some big issues with the foster family, especially with the foster father

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back