Found Deceased MI - Omarion Humphrey, 8, Lake Callis, 4 Jul 2015

Police press conference was brief. Basically that LE is no longer searching for Omarion. Another presser tomorrow at 3:30PM.

There is a foster care crisis. There is not enough reimbursement if parents work and a child has to go,to daycare during the day, for instance.

The system does try to keep siblings together.

There have to be other solutions starting with improving how we raise children . There are lots of positive methods.

The story of Omarion is typical of teachers. Providing him with clothes and giving him baths.

We don't accept puppy mills.

Ms. Humphrey should get herself to Planned Parenthood for free birth control advice/assistance. No more babies! :moo:

Both sets of parents disgust me. I had just read mikkismom's post about the squalor Omarion and his siblings were living in, while the parents were living in a nice apartment and that made me sick and so angry. Then the news of his little body being found, due to the neglect of the foster parents, after they had been warned several times to watch him. I'm so sad for the little guy. He absolutely had nothing in his short life. It's really just too much that he was so unlucky twice with parents. It makes you wonder how many other children are in similar situations. It's just too much to comprehend how what's supposed to be parents can be so cruel.

An autopsy will likely be underway shortly, and results will be available by the time of tomorrow's presser. I would like to know if Omarion drowned by accident or was harmed and placed in the lake. Is this a case of (foster) parental negligence or did someone intentionally harm Omarion prior to putting him in the water?

Ms. Humphrey should get herself to Planned Parenthood for free birth control advice/assistance. No more babies! :moo:

She should have done that a long time ago. It's obvious she couldn't care for her children!

Thanks Jan and BetteDavisEyes for doing such a good job covering this and keeping us updated. I'm so sorry this didn't come to a better end. I really hoped he was just lost and would be found alive...:tears:

So he was found in the lake pretty much where they were? I'm not surprised they missed his remains - that seems to happen a lot in the first few days after a drowning. It just takes awhile for the remains to make themselves visible.

Sad.

I feared this. Poor child. It's sad that his life is over because of the poor choices of his parents, and his foster parents. All children need to be supervised-especially those with special needs. Mars is with the angels now-and he can roam as much as he likes-he is safe now.

OT-I spent a few summers, as a child, at my father's aunt and uncle's home on Hasler Lake in Davison. What wonderful memories I have of my time there,

Pat

Both sets of parents disgust me. I had just read mikkismom's post about the squalor Omarion and his siblings were living in, while the parents were living in a nice apartment and that made me sick and so angry. Then the news of his little body being found, due to the neglect of the foster parents, after they had been warned several times to watch him. I'm so sad for the little guy. He absolutely had nothing in his short life. It's really just too much that he was so unlucky twice with parents. It makes you wonder how many other children are in similar situations. It's just too much to comprehend how what's supposed to be parents can be so cruel.

Yeah same here. Really angry and sad. Trying desperately not to vent a full page of anger here. I work part time with autistic children and as so many have said on here, they require constant!! Watchful eyes. What further angers me is that if they were that stupid not to know he wandered they were told repeatedly at the park. Ugh!!

So he was found in the lake pretty much where they were? I'm not surprised they missed his remains - that seems to happen a lot in the first few days after a drowning. It just takes awhile for the remains to make themselves visible.

Sad.

IF he was in the lake the entire time. I find it more than a little strange that the small man-made lake (and adjacent creeks) were searched multiple times without finding a body. The lake/park reopened to the public today after it was announced on Wednesday night that searches were discontinued. Someone could have taken Omarion last Saturday, harmed him, and returned him to the lake - making it look like an accidental drowning. I'm not assuming that Omarion drowned until the results of an autopsy are known. :moo:

Darn it! I was so hoping for a different ending.

I was a person who wanted to reserve judgment on the parents until there was hard evidence. Well, if the reports from CPS was correct, the parents should have lost custody of their children. Make me sad to read that any child lives in squalor and neglect.

I hope that the foster parents are charged! In addition, I wonder if they have any custody of any children at this point. They should not have children, IMHO.

Poor little guy. Never had a chance. I'm incredibly sad. But I believe his life MATTERED. It's too bad the adults around him failed him. I know parenting is hard believe me, but this just should not happen 😥

IF he was in the lake the entire time. I find it more than a little strange that the small man-made lake (and adjacent creeks) were searched multiple times without finding a body. The lake/park reopened to the public today after it was announced on Wednesday night that searches were discontinued. Someone could have taken Omarion last Saturday, harmed him, and returned him to the lake - making it look like an accidental drowning. I'm not assuming that Omarion drowned until the results of an autopsy are known. :moo:

Occam's razor.

I just now got home and am seeing the news. I'm so upset. I'll go back and read the details, I am so sorry for Omarion's family.

I am so sad to see this news. RIP Mars!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam's razor.

I don't know that my thoughts are necessarily the "simplest answer", but when the lake was searched six times and no body found, I'm led to believe that Omarion was taken elsewhere, harmed, and his body put in the lake when it was "safe" - search discontinued and lake/park reopened to public.

RIP, little man. You deserved so much more in life. :rose:

Surely he couldn't have drowned while people were still there and playing in the water before the search began...makes no sense! Have to impatiently wait. Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back