MI - Pastor William Bendert arrested for soliciting sex from a minor

I SO agree! Winkie bear or pastor Winkie better practice his wink!

Well thank you Sunnie and Miss Izzy. I think.:crazy:

As always there is no laughing matter here, but I'm calling him Pastor Winky Bear.

Filly, you make these horrendous stories bearable. Thank you. Pastor Bear it is. Indeed.

I still can't believe pastor bear had been on LE radar for over 2 years and they let him continue ministering to the congregation, which im sure included young girls. I dont know how someone somewhere didnt place a call to the church to let them know.
What if he ended up molesting possibly murdering one of the girls at the church? Oh i would b livid if i were a parent there.
And winking at the wife.ick ick ick he really does think he's a cutie huh? I'm some what happy knowing that in prison, he will b someones big bear.

That was my first thought as well. I assume they never arrested him because they didn't catch him going through with it. Although I thought it was illegal to solicit that kind of thing in and of itself. If that were my church, I would be livid with LE.

Even if there was'nt enough evidence, they still had some knowledge from the internet that he was trolling. I get that LE took his rights into consideration (cuz young girls don't seem to have the right to go to church and not be sought out for "training") but i don't know how one of the investigators does'nt place a quick call for the sake of the girls this pastor had in his church. I know it happens all day everyday, I guess thats why I'm not an investigator. My bat phone would b working overtime to get the word out about potential pedo's in our midst.

Thank you for the affidavit hookup and d*mn you for it as well (jk). That was sick stuff man. You may want to warn your fellow posters that the affidavit may be to graphic for survivors as there may be triggers. I have come a long way baby but reading that affidavit was rough, I needed to stop by page 9 because it made bile rise in my throat.

tlcox, i would edit the post to include a warning, but cannot seem to find a way to edit, so hopefully folks will see your message before reading the affidavit. i agree, it is disturbing and potentially triggering.

Well, I made it through. I have a "place" I go when reading documents such as this. ITA, there needs to a warning placed on the link.

Here's my thoughts. Bill has done this before. This is not some newbie. The fact that he attempts to project his grooming onto "Kara", the "mother" is remarkable. His level of understanding of how best to introduce new and frightening subjects to a child is on par with a man who is a father and has a great deal of knowledge of how to work with kids. He's even extremely age appropriate concerning the child's psychological development. I can imagine him counseling a parent about how to introduce the subject of divorce, deployment, serious illness. It's the same process. He takes his time and he encourages "Kara" to take her time.

Notice that Bendert's focus is on the child and yet he insists the mother be present. That is a very important component to him. He recognizes that the child will be looking to her mother for encouragement. He carefully explains to "Kara" how all this play out. He explains that this is to be done in stages and he is willing to take his time. Not only a lot of thought and energy went into this conversation but I believe a lot of past experience comes into play.

My greatest concern is that this monster has followed through with the "game" in the past. Not once, but numerous times. As I often say, the truth is in the details. He's been there. He knows exactly what to expect and he has detailed plans for how to deal with each scenario.

Being that part of the thrill for him is the mother being present and observing a young daughter, where does that take us? To me, it tells me that we have a group of women who have participated in this sexual abuse and assault in the past. They would not be likely to come forth with any info as it would implicate themselves. That leads us to a huge conundrum. Not only will a child/teen have to be aware that this man is under arrest and what the current charges are, but they will have to be willing to disclose abuse by their own mother. That's a huge step for a victim to take.

I have to say that it really concerns me that Bendert winked at this wife in court.

I know, from the local case I linked to above--concerning Kelly Rasmussen of Medford, OR--that there will be much gnashing of teeth about entrapment and the fact that a "real" child was never in danger. It sounds as if the methods used to arrest Bendert are almost identical to those used to arrest Rasmussen. He pleaded to a single charge and served only 60 days. In fact, I think he was released early. I've heard that he really fell from grace within his social circle and that the fall-out has been especially hard on his children. Just as Bendert, he was well known and well respected within the community and admired for all his volunteer work.

Given Bendert's smooth and comfortable demeanor, I happen to think that he's been highly successful at "training" for decades. He might have actually started out as a juvenile, "training" girls or female relatives who were younger. I'm hopeful that LE spends the time to look back over his life and especially closely with troubled mothers who have crossed his path.

thanks for adding the warning, salem :blowkiss:

missizzy, i agree with you on all counts. i wonder if other victims will come forward.

Salem, you rock TY!

The wink in court disturbed me for several reasons, it seems to suggest that his wife is in his corner. If that is because she believes he is being unjustly accused that is one thing. But if that wink is an indicator of her knowledge and complicity in the abuse, that is a whole nother ball of wax.

1) perhaps it was Bear looking for encouragement or some sign that wise wife is still a bliever and in his corner.

2) the wink indicates complicity on her part and/or a flippant attitude about the charges he faces.

I pray there weren't too many victims and that those that were are able to heal.

I'm gonna try to say this sensitively, which may come out cryptically - so if there are any questions - please contact me by pm and I'll explain.

We don't want to mention ANY minors here. We don't want to add to any pain and/or suffering for the young ones.

Also.... the winkie thing, funny as it gets, but..... you know.... the name calling thing. :)

It looks like this thread may stay in the top threads for awhile while we all watch what happens to this ??????

Personally, I'd like to see God smote him. I heard somewhere that God would smote people when s/he was angry with them. I'm gonna have to google that word - smote. I'd like to see this guy smoted for sure!

Salem

oops, I got the point as to minors. Until we have some reason to back up suspicions I will refrain from mentioning that that minor exists or is of concer to me. Sorry Salem.

Also, I will try harder to watch how I refer to [unusual person] in future.

Thanks for posting the affidavit. I started to read the document but had to stop because it made me want to :sick: What bothers me most is that this was going on less than 10 miles from my home :furious:

oops, I got the point as to minors. Until we have some reason to back up suspicions I will refrain from mentioning that that minor exists or is of concer to me. Sorry Salem.

Also, I will try harder to watch how I refer to [unusual person] in future.

Ditto on what tlcox said, Salem. I'm sorry and will refrain as well. Ya know.

No more discussions of theoretical other minor victims.....got it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back