GUILTY MI - Patrick Mikes, 55, Troy, 27 July 2012

It seems as if the consensus is that whatever happened occurred on Thursday night. Senior missed work on Friday. Jr. used the card on Friday for the 2 movies and food, but was also seen buying cleaning supplies that day too.

Investigators have “discounted Patrick Mikes Jr.’s report that Mr. Mikes left the home at 5:30 (p.m.) Friday,” Redmond said. “Mr. Mikes was home Thursday night, did not show up for work Friday morning and has not been seen since then.”

Patrick Mikes Jr. has not been charged in the case involving his father, but police are gathering evidence. He was captured on surveillance video “purchasing a quantity of cleaning supplies from a local store” on Friday night, Redmond said.

http://www.dailytribune.com/article...de-investigation-bond-posted&pager=full_story

I'm almost thinking that Jr. admitted to using the card or cards because that was is alibi - going to the 2 movies and out to dinner. With the bike gone too, it appears to be quite premeditated. IMO, MOO, and all other disclaimers.

Looks like I was right and he headed north. Also there's some conflict between sources as to which day Jr. bought supplies, this says Sunday, others say Friday. Jr. due back in court Aug 13 on the fraud charges.

Local 4 has learned that several locations are being searched in Genesee County, including the Holly Recreation Center and Brent Run landfill in Montrose Township.

The search is based on phone records of Mikes Jr. from Friday, the last day his dad was seen alive.

Blood and other evidence were found in the basement of Mikes' Troy home. The Oakland County Medical Examiner says it is highly unlikely anyone would live through whatever happened in that basement.

Police now have video from a local store which shows someone buying cleaning supplies on Sunday.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...man/-/4714498/15957746/-/wyd7lsz/-/index.html

I am just stunned at the difference in the picture of jr in the black and white shirt compared to the pics in the jail house orange. He looks to be the same age in both with the same hairstyle and facial hair. Did this weight loss and haggard look happen after he was jailed?

Who said there was a fight over the credit card charges? I would assume it had to be Jr. or his brother since Sr. hasn't been seen since the night of the credit card charges.

If you murdered someone and were trying to claim they came up missing during a bike ride, why would you bring up the fight at all?

Sad for all concerned.

Troy Police investigators are using cadaver dogs today to search for a missing father’s body in the Flint area.

The search for Patrick Mikes Sr., 55, began at about 7 a.m. on farmland and in a river in Montrose and is expected to last through early afternoon, said Troy Police Captain Robert Redmond.

#####

The Montrose area is being targeted due to tips from citizens who may have spotted something suspicious, Redmond said.

“We are actively engaged in a search in the Montrose area,” he said, declining further comment. “So far we have not found anything.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20120803/NEWS03/120803035/Missing-biker-Patrick-Mikes?odyssey=nav|head

I don't believe it was Jr. who brought up a fight--MSM was saying that recently he'd been "cut off" financially recently, and for lack of any other known motive (we have no background on the family dynamic at all), one would assume there was some sort of confrontation over money.

I don't see any difference between his entering jail and appearing in court except lack of sleep and probably not eating due to stress. He looks kind of thin normally anyway.

BDE: I think you had mentioned that where they live is a pretty up-scale neighborhood. How likely is it that other homes had security cameras? Is that perhaps how LE knows the description of the car?

BDE: I think you had mentioned that where they live is a pretty up-scale neighborhood. How likely is it that other homes had security cameras? Is that perhaps how LE knows the description of the car?

I think it's safe to say that many folks around this area probably have security cameras, and I know that many of my neighbors have alarm systems.

I suppose it's possible that the 21-year-old son had a room in the basement because he wanted privacy and the feeling of having his own place. That said, the homes in that neighborhood are at least 3,000 sq.ft. with 4 bedrooms, minimum 2.5 baths, living/dining, kitchen/breakfast room, den, family room, first floor laundry. No need for someone to live in the basement unless it was by choice. Maybe the younger brother wasn't allowed to invade his older brother's "pad".

My hair stylist and I talked about this terrible tragedy this morning. I don't usually jump to conclusions about drug use, but A.. suggested this as a possibility, and I know that some here have mentioned it, as well.

I hope the body is located soon. Unless Mikes was tossed into a body of water or buried, the stench will be horrible due to the extreme heat and humidity.

Thanks Betty Davis and others for the updates. I know the father and the 16 year old as he was in the same grade school and same grade as my son. I helped coach younger son in grade school baseball. The Dad was a quiet, soft spoken, kind man. Serious at times during a close game, but not unlike any other parent. The younger son was also a polite young man.

It sickens me to think of how this case is pointing to a father/son tragedy to a family that has already seen the loss of one parent.

Question, how long DNA testing take and why? Seems like it should be hours, not a week....

:welcome: I'm guessing that we must live close to one another. Very sad for the community.

Mr. Mikes, his daughter, and his sons seem like a very nice family, focused on good education, and Dad having done his best to raise the children after losing his wife to cancer. How sad that this family must now endure yet another loss under horrible circumstances. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the Mikes.

I'm almost thinking that Jr. admitted to using the card or cards because that was is alibi - going to the 2 movies and out to dinner. With the bike gone too, it appears to be quite premeditated. IMO, MOO, and all other disclaimers.

Now that LE is searching near the Flint/Montrose area, it was convenient for Junior to drive north on I-75, dump the body (and possibly the bike) in water, a field, or wooded area, then get back on I-75 and head south to Great Lakes Crossing for the movies and dinner. Back on southbound I-75 for about 20 minutes and probably exit at Adams or Square Lake to head home. Besides cell phone activity, I hope there is some surveillance video along the route so LE can pinpoint where Patrick was in the Flint/Montrose area.

Here is a picture of three homes directly across the street from Mr. Mikes house. They look like very nice homes and IMO at least one would likely have a video camera.

Attachments

• Mikes.jpg
    Mikes.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 57
Now that LE is searching near the Flint/Montrose area, it was convenient for Junior to drive north on I-75, dump the body (and possibly the bike) in water, a field, or wooded area, then get back on I-75 and head south to Great Lakes Crossing for the movies and dinner. Back on southbound I-75 for about 20 minutes and probably exit at Adams or Square Lake to head home. Besides cell phone activity, I hope there is some surveillance video along the route so LE can pinpoint where Patrick was in the Flint/Montrose area.

That's an awfully long way to go to dump a body (though I'm not discounting your theory at all - it makes perfect sense). I do wonder, though, if Mikes Jr has some kind of ties to the Montrose area? That dump they're searching is reeeeeeeally far off the highway, and seems an unlikely place to go unless he had prior knowledge of it.

Map of Brent Run Landfill. Doesn't look too far from I-75, and I think there's an exit at or near Vienna Road.

http://www.brentrunlandfill.com/

The Holly Recreation Area is mentioned as a search location, too. Maybe the family went there for winter activities (tobogganing, skiing) or had camped there previously.

Thanks BDE.......I must be thinking of a totally different place. My apologies. :/

Is it bothering anyone besides me that the grandparents posted bond for Patrick, Jr.? Without regard to the amount ($50,000 cash), would you have done the same for a family member even though you're aware of the circumstances and know that LE considers said family member a POI? Not to mention, also, that the Prosecutor considers the POI a possible threat to his younger brother. I know that there are families who "buy" their loved ones out of trouble when necessary, but I'm not sure that I could do this given the severity of the crime. :moo:

Szumlinski said officers from the Troy Police Department began their search Thursday by passing out flyers asking residents if they had seen a gray car in the area.

#####

Before 8 a.m. today, Szumlinski said officers returned, this time with search crews.

She said crews searched the area near her home, which is only a short distance from the Flint River.

#####

Searchers began clearing the scene around 1 p.m., saying that they were done looking for the day.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2012/08/montrose_township_abuzz_a_auth.html

I along with many other classmates from the U of D Jesuit class of 2009 have been following the events as they unfold very closely. Not to get overly involved in the conversation, I feel that someone should speak on behalf of Pat Mikes Jr.. Over the course of my tenure at UDJ I had many classes with pat. Though he was not one of my closer friends, he always represented himself and his family with class. He had many friends and hung with a much more level headed crowd of people than I did. From this group, drinking and drugs were at the most a rarity and grades always came first. Although we flew with different crowds our interactions were always pleasant and respectful. He was without a doubt one of the top students in our grade as he demonstrated day in and day out. A Eucharistic minister at his local parish and school masses, he was to many people a role model along with an ideal friend and family member.
The current situation is absolutely horrible and I am not blind to the evidence against him. This is outrageously out of character from the classmate and man that I know.That being said, I feel that if he was involved somehow, it was not a cold, calculated, premeditated action. Rather something happened and it escalated extraordinarily fast.
I and my classmates still hold on to hope that Pat Mikes Jr. did not do this, he is the last person I can see committing a violent crime or harming a member of his family,

Welcome, Cubs09.

I, too, feel so strange about his involvement. Per all accounts by his neighbors and scholastic achievements, he is a good kid. I don't understand either. If you want to answer, please do, but if you don't feel comfortable, I understand - how much did the kids' mother's death affect the family?

I along with many other classmates from the U of D Jesuit class of 2009 have been following the events as they unfold very closely. Not to get overly involved in the conversation, I feel that someone should speak on behalf of Pat Mikes Jr.. Over the course of my tenure at UDJ I had many classes with pat. Though he was not one of my closer friends, he always represented himself and his family with class. He had many friends and hung with a much more level headed crowd of people than I did. From this group, drinking and drugs were at the most a rarity and grades always came first. Although we flew with different crowds our interactions were always pleasant and respectful. He was without a doubt one of the top students in our grade as he demonstrated day in and day out. A Eucharistic minister at his local parish and school masses, he was to many people a role model along with an ideal friend and family member.
The current situation is absolutely horrible and I am not blind to the evidence against him. This is outrageously out of character from the classmate and man that I know.That being said, I feel that if he was involved somehow, it was not a cold, calculated, premeditated action. Rather something happened and it escalated extraordinarily fast.
I and my classmates still hold on to hope that Pat Mikes Jr. did not do this, he is the last person I can see committing a violent crime or harming a member of his family,

:wagon: Thank you for joining the discussion and for sharing your thoughts about Patrick Mikes, Jr. We here at Websleuths appreciate your contribution. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the Mikes, and I hope that things are not as bad as they seem for your former classmate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back