MI - Pauline Randol, 51, Killed by 9 yo mentally ill adopted son, 5 May 2019

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by PastTense, May 9, 2019.

1. Breezie

Breezie Well-Known Member

The mom’s two daughters are old enough to live on their own. There is nothing mentioned about the dad having any kids from a previous marriage.

borndem, PastTense and Laughing like this.
  2. Breezie

UPDATE: Mother of 9-year-old murder suspect sought help for her son

WWMT in Battle Creek is reporting that Pauline Randol contacted the St. Joseph County Community Mental Health Agency.

An internal memo from the agency shows Randol first contacted them on April 22, 2019.

A week later, on Facebook, she complained that no one from the agency had called her back.

The agency's director Kristine Kirsch says she replied to the comment, talked to Randol on the phone, and set a date to see the boy on May 7.

That appointment would turn out to be one day too late.

Kirsch stated to WW MT, "Hindsight is always 20/20, but the day I saw the post on Facebook I felt that everything was handled appropriately."

Reagan Martin, the suspect's sister, said, "She got an appointment, but it was too late. it was just too late."

Kirsch says anyone dealing with a severe mental health problem can always go to a hospital emergency room for immediate attention.

3. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

If you have a disturbed child, make sure guns are kept away from him. How did the kid got access to the gun?

4. PastTense

PastTense Well-Known Member

9-year-old accused of murder grew more aggressive before mom's killing, family says

5. Breezie

borndem and byo like this.
  6. TristanP

TristanP Well-Known Member

This whole family lives in a weird state of denial or oblivion. No one can help anyone if they’re not realistic about the issues that need to be addressed.

7. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Two little 9 year olds - killers?? I just can’t comprehend this

8. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Same here. I'm biting my tongue, too. Don't get me started. (I just deleted a line I entered here.)
    Why can't all guns, rifles, shotguns, ALL OF THEM be made with trigger locks or something that will not allow them to fire until the user punches in a security code? (A pistol in a drawer with a key right beside it is not good enough, d'oh.) We know that a lot of people do not lock their weapons nor their ammo in a gun safe. Pistols kept in the bedroom for protection would be usable after the secret (and I mean secret) code is punched in. At least that would be a start.
    Yes, how naive I am. <sighs> Zipping it up now.

9. borndem

This...... ^^^^^^

10. borndem

Wouldn't hurt...
    Any time anyone starts a new med or stops taking a med should be watched or s/he should be watchful of self -- walking up/down stairs, driving, power tools, and certainly firearms. Things can happen. JMO.

11. borndem

Welcome to Websleuths,
    WilliamHolder !!

Luckyzmom likes this.
  12. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Well-Known Member

Re: the medication change. Just for insight, I had a med change last week. I "lost time" while on this new drug. It was like I was in a dream state and would wake up and not know where I was or what I was doing. I had body tremors, felt sick, couldn't eat and was totally out of it. This lasted for 4 days and it got worse with each day. I finally just stopped. I called my Doctor and told her what was happening and we stopped.

It was the most brutal 4 days I have ever experienced. I'm not trying to defend anyone here but I can attest that some of these psych drugs do some very disturbing things to you. If this child was experiencing something similar I would believe it.

moo

Luckyzmom likes this.