GUILTY MI - Robert Byrd, 4, tortured, starved to death, Highland Park, 8 May 2011

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by blue_the_puppy, May 9, 2011.

1. blue_the_puppy

blue_the_puppy Member

2. Loading...

3. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

He is reported to have had bedsores. Which means that for a long period of time, he wasn't even moving around and still had abuse done to him!

4. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

5. MorenoI

MorenoI New Member

Extremely clean home and 6 children??

The smell of bleach, someone was cleaning up evidence! JMO

I don't think you can keep an extremly clean house with 6 children, clean yes but extreme???

6. peeples

peeples New Member

I've got 5 and i look around I see socks sticking out from under the coffee table, flip flops, a pair of binnoculars, from under the couch, cheerios spilled from todays after school snack in the middle of the floor, 2 clothe baskets of clothes to be folded and put away on the couch, a folder of homework that spilled just a few minutes ago, toys all over the place as well. That is just my living room within 5 feet of the computer desk LOL

Something definitely hinky with the clean house and 6 kids

7. believe09

believe09 Active Member

They always call an ambulance or transport to the hospital after. Why is that, I wonder?

I mean, they can torture and brutalize a child over a period of years and months, but when they get the expected outcome (and perhaps desired outcome) of the treatment, they clean up and call an ambulance?

I am too sad to be outraged. And they will get 10-15 years for child abuse, instead of first degree murder. And they will get out for good behavior in three. Especially in this state. Go ahead, MI, prove me wrong.

The reason I know this? Two Words, Kirk Coleman.

8. Tinsamd

Tinsamd Justice for Shaniya!!!!

Poor angel. :-( RIP.

http://www.detnews.com/article/2011...tarvation-killed-4-year-old-Highland-Park-boy

9. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

10. Jan

Jan New Member

How horrible! We live just an hour's drive from there and are in that area often. In fact, we will be in that area tomorrow. Its so very sad. That poor boy.

11. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

It just all seems so futile. We cry and are outraged and angry over these cases, but there is always a new one and nothing changes. How do we stop it? We can't. That is the sad fact of the matter. CPS is failing, but society is failing also. What has created these types of people? Are there really more and more cases or is it just better reporting? It seems endless and hopeless. My heart aches for each one of these children who have suffered so deeply.

12. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From April 2012:

http://archive.freep.com/article/20...-gets-30-60-years-in-4-year-old-s-abuse-death

From June 2012:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/1...woman-sentenced-in-death-of-nephew-4-20120628