MI MI - Ronald & Christine Jabalee, both 58, New Baltimore, 6 Oct 2006

I didn't post a great deal on this case thread, but it was a very strange and baffling crime which, to be honest, I had no insight into perp. identity.

I think the problem is that there are TOO MANY potential suspects. Two posters close to the family have mentioned loan sharks, bookies, and gangs having ties to or ' business with" Mr. Jabalee, Sr.

I am old enough to have been required to read Upton Sinclair's expose' of criminality in the US meat industry ( written about a century before the crimes were committed but still..). The USDA was established largely as a result of Sinclair's work, but my point is that the raw meat industry seems to still be vulnerable to fraud, conspiracy and cover ups. This is true even IF this family and all their known associates were clean as a whistle.

With the economic collapse of the city of Detroit, I wonder how much is available to continue investigating the murders? I realize the investigators are probably in another jurisdiction, but I don't see how they could be thriving while the nearby city of Detroit is bankrupt.

The most damaging defeat I can see was poor preparation by the state. As we learned 17 years ago in the still- unsolved Ramsey murder, " A GJ will indict a ham sandwich if the DA argues for it". Likewise, the FBI profiling on the case should have been allowed, IMO.

Double jeopardy means that Ron, Jr. is free forever from prosecution in the murders of his parents. However, IMO, and after reading every post on this long thread, there are many unanswered questions and leads not followed related to many people in the J's family, business associates, possible illegal activities ( bookies and loan sharks mentioned) and the last person to see the couple alive, regardless of how great he is, might know something he doesn't know is important. The phone calls Mr. J. didn't answer the day before the murders speaks to him being in some kind of " squeeze" by someone he didn't want to talk to. Maybe the window of opportunity on many of these things has closed by the length of time but then again, the FBI has many NEW recovery methods and is solving cases quite a lot older than this one.

As to the " moral character" and " goodness" or " badness" of anyone associated with Ron, Sr, and Christine, it is wise for us to remember that policemen and preachers murder, too. Humans are not defined by job titles.

I have a feeling this is now in the back room case files and is deader than the dust which covers the files. Money just isn't there to test mDNA on the hair, or mixed DNA under Mr. J's nails, etc.

I think the case is solvable. If the adult children are not involved and want a killer put away, they will ante up the money for a very qualified PI. I think they probably have the insurance money by now..

Last question- Does anyone know what has happened with the family? Is the meat market still in business? Are the children and other relatives staying on the good side of the law?

Thanks,
Maria

I didn't post a great deal on this case thread, but it was a very strange and baffling crime which, to be honest, I had no insight into perp. identity.

I think the problem is that there are TOO MANY potential suspects. Two posters close to the family have mentioned loan sharks, bookies, and gangs having ties to or ' business with" Mr. Jabalee, Sr.

I am old enough to have been required to read Upton Sinclair's expose' of criminality in the US meat industry ( written about a century before the crimes were committed but still..). The USDA was established largely as a result of Sinclair's work, but my point is that the raw meat industry seems to still be vulnerable to fraud, conspiracy and cover ups. This is true even IF this family and all their known associates were clean as a whistle.

With the economic collapse of the city of Detroit, I wonder how much is available to continue investigating the murders? I realize the investigators are probably in another jurisdiction, but I don't see how they could be thriving while the nearby city of Detroit is bankrupt.

The most damaging defeat I can see was poor preparation by the state. As we learned 17 years ago in the still- unsolved Ramsey murder, " A GJ will indict a ham sandwich if the DA argues for it". Likewise, the FBI profiling on the case should have been allowed, IMO.

Double jeopardy means that Ron, Jr. is free forever from prosecution in the murders of his parents. However, IMO, and after reading every post on this long thread, there are many unanswered questions and leads not followed related to many people in the J's family, business associates, possible illegal activities ( bookies and loan sharks mentioned) and the last person to see the couple alive, regardless of how great he is, might know something he doesn't know is important. The phone calls Mr. J. didn't answer the day before the murders speaks to him being in some kind of " squeeze" by someone he didn't want to talk to. Maybe the window of opportunity on many of these things has closed by the length of time but then again, the FBI has many NEW recovery methods and is solving cases quite a lot older than this one.

As to the " moral character" and " goodness" or " badness" of anyone associated with Ron, Sr, and Christine, it is wise for us to remember that policemen and preachers murder, too. Humans are not defined by job titles.

I have a feeling this is now in the back room case files and is deader than the dust which covers the files. Money just isn't there to test mDNA on the hair, or mixed DNA under Mr. J's nails, etc.

I think the case is solvable. If the adult children are not involved and want a killer put away, they will ante up the money for a very qualified PI. I think they probably have the insurance money by now..

Last question- Does anyone know what has happened with the family? Is the meat market still in business? Are the children and other relatives staying on the good side of the law?

Thanks,
Maria

BBM

I agree with many of your points here.
I wish they would/could solve this one.

:praying:

The fact attempt that an made to help identify their killer as they lay dying was made and so far remains in vain makes this so Sad :(

I drive by this home on an average of once a week. Never do I fail to glance up the long driveway when I do. Someone lives there now. Not sure who, family of if it was sold. But haunts me to think this person has gotten away with this for so long...

I believe the article listed below states that Ron Jr. actually donated $10,000.00 to the reward fund and has gone to police himself to ask them to follow other leads.
http://newbaltimore.patch.com/group...double-murder-asks-new-baltimore-po3bcee0c3f5

I'll have to check for links but not long ago I believe I read they family still owns the meat market down town but I may be mistaken.

~

I wonder if Jr. has an idea as to what the 'letters in blood' say?

I clicked on many of the links, and none of them are working. Can someone supply a link or photo to of the message? Thank you in advance.

omg, that so looks like a " J " to me...can't make out the rest for sure.

473024-001.jpg

The person whom wrote this was in the process of dying. So thats a major consideration and the spelling may be out of sequence or writing left to right instead of right to left. and the lettering maybe distorted...

5 or 6 letters perhaps.

Ill take a guess, and say Steve. Though not for sure since we don't know any persons of interest to compare the letters or names to.

I would start from the right . I believe the message was written from right to left instead of left to right... The four letters together were closer to the victim. The last two, that look like a V and J were written last with a stretched hand. They had to reach to write those last two letters, with the J looking letter being the last written............Those last two contain less blood than the ones closer to the body.

Feeling sad this still wasn't solved....

Does anyone know off-hand what hand this was written with and if they were left or right handed? I'm going back to read all pages but just in case someone knows.

Was Dale Nelson ever cleared/looked at? It kind of looks like it could be N (with the N angled to the left) Nels... ??

Feeling sad this still wasn't solved....

Does anyone know off-hand what hand this was written with and if they were left or right handed? I'm going back to read all pages but just in case someone knows.

Was Dale Nelson ever cleared/looked at? It kind of looks like it could be N (with the N angled to the left) Nels... ??

They were right handed , Dale was cleared by the NBPD

I was stunned to see the recent comment on this case. I can never remember the name, just the letters in blood on the floor.

I was stunned to see the recent comment on this case. I can never remember the name, just the letters in blood on the floor.

I was too, but technically the case is still unsolved. :(

because even though they had the trial many people still think the son did it and he got away with murder. It's hard to believe it's been 10 years, but I imagine it will never be "solved".

In my opinion, there is no way that the first two letters (excluding the one above) are anything other than "S" and "e". The "e" is written so clearly that anyone trying to make a k/t/any other letter out of it because of injuries etc. just doesn't do it for me. It is clearly an "e", you can tell from the way it is formed. The next letter, and by that I mean the very small line next to the "e", is anyone's guess, though it has a clear line in it, so something like a "v" or a "b" or an "l". The longer line, the one that appears after that small line, is a water smear. It's not a letter that was written. You can tell from the way the blood has pooled at the end of it - it's where a trickle of water ran and obscured the letters (notice how the darkest red part is at the top, all in one section). The final part of the smudge might be the remnants of a letter or it is literally just a smear mark from being wiped.
All of which is to say, the ONLY letters that are definite are "S" and "e", and the start of the next letter. They are, in my opinion, indisputable.
The letter above is either another "S" or a "J". I'm not sure if it's a separate part of the message or if it's possible that Christine started to write then realised it was uncomfortable to extend her hand that far/couldn't reach properly and started again closer to her body.

To me, the strangest part is that the killer would not notice her trying to write. I think the letters were destroyed more incidentally by the cleanup than intentionally, otherwise the killer would have been more thorough with getting the other letters. I don't care if they were obscured by the car wheel, you would check (although this depends on the position of her body I admit). I think it suggests, more than likely, that the killer left the bodies and came back, not realising that Christine was still alive for a period of time in which she was able to write the message.

Just my two cents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back