MI - Saginaw, 10 yr old Na’Mylah Turner-Moore Murdered, 14 yr old Stepbrother *Arrested 30 Aug 2022

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Jameion Peterson has been arraigned on an open murder charge in Saginaw District Court for allegedly murdering his younger stepsibling, according to the Saginaw County Prosecutor's Office.

Peterson is charged as an adult.

The body of 10-year-old Na’Mylah Turner-Moore was found earlier this week.
Teenage stepbrother charged in death of 10-year-old girl in Saginaw

na-mylah-j-turner-moore-090222-9b968b546fea497cb924c3e704c54fbc.jpg

Speaking out on the death of her daughter and the arrest of her stepson, Melonzine Turner said she treated Peterson like "he was my own."

"I put clothes on his back. He was like another child of mine," she said, per the website. "I would have never thought he would have done nothing like this. But then again, you can't put nothing past nobody, and you can't judge a book by its cover."

Of Na'Mylah, the grieving mother said her eldest daughter "was everything."
[snip]
Peterson, who was denied bond, is scheduled to appear in court Sept. 21, records show.
'Lovable' Mich. Girl, 10, Is Found Slain in Abandoned Lot, and Suspect Is 14-Year-Old Stepbrother

So strange how in some states a 14-year old is considered a juvenile and their name is not released to the public, while in MI and others, their names are released in spite of their age.
For comparison, Iliana “Lily” Peters’ murderer is alleged to be a 14-year old, but his name is not in the news stories of the case, AFAIK. That crime occurred in the neighboring state of WI. Sept. 1 trial status hearing scheduled for teen in killing of Chippewa Falls girl, 10

“My baby was everything,” Turner said, per the outlet. “She was jolly, smiley-faced. She had personality. She had so many friends. Everybody wanted to be around her. She just was lovable.”

“That was her thing, dancing and TikToking,” she added. Her mother was in the hospital Tuesday for two stomach surgeries as she has Crohn’s disease, a condition the 10-year-old had said inspired her to become a doctor.

“She always told me, ‘Momma, I’m gonna take care of you. I’m gonna be a doctor,’” Turner said. “She was more mature than her age.”
Jameion Peterson, 14, charged with murder of 10-year-old stepsister Na’Mylah J. Turner-Moore

Na’Mylah Turner-Moore was killed at age 10 in Saginaw. A GoFundMe was created by Na'Mylah's uncle to help cover funeral costs. The fundraiser surpassed its goal of $5,000, raising more than $8,000.

Jameion Peterson, the juvenile suspect, was arraigned on a charge of open murder on Aug. 31, and is being charged as an adult, Saginaw County Court records showed. He is due back in court on Sept. 21.

An open murder charge occurs when the prosecutor has not decided between first-degree or second-degree murder but will allow the jury to choose the most appropriate option instead.

Na’Mylah Turner-Moore, slain 10-year-old ‘princess’ of Saginaw, given funeral fit for a queen

Services for Na’Mylah were held the morning of Monday, Sept. 19, at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, 3121 Sheridan Ave. The funeral took place the day after what would have been Na’Mylah’s 11th birthday.

Laid in an ivory white casket, Na’Mylah wore an airbrushed shirt bearing her own smiling face, her fingernails painted in pastel oranges, yellows, and pink, and a sparkling tiara crowned her head.
[snip]
In beginning his eulogy as the casket lid was closed, the Rev. Camel described the death of Na’Mylah as “a tremendous strain of loss.”

“We could never feel the pain you are suffering right now,” Camel told Na’Mylah’s family. “We are not in your shoes, but we do sympathize along with you.”

He encouraged her loved ones to find solace in each other and Jesus, and to keep their faith that they will one day see Na’Mylah again.

“Your daughter may not return to you, but the hope is that you may return to where your daughter is right now,” Camel said. “You should expect that you will never really ever get over the death of your child. It’s going to linger with you for the rest of your life, but with the help of God, you’ll learned to live with this loss, making it a part of who you are as an individual.”

SAGINAW, Mich. (WNEM) - The stepbrother of a 10-year-old girl who was found murdered in Saginaw shortly after being reported missing has been found incompetent to stand trial for her murder.
[snip]

On Nov. 28, Saginaw County Judge Elian Fichtner found Peterson incompetent to participate in future court proceedings in this case. He has been ordered to undergo inpatient treatment to restore his competency, according to the Saginaw County Prosecutor’s Office.

Stepbrother charged in 10-year-old’s murder found incompetent for trial

Michigan teen, 14, accused of killing stepsister, 10, has competency for trial restored

A handcuffed and jumpsuit-clad Jameion L. Peterson, 14, on Thursday, April 20, appeared before Saginaw County Judge Elian E.H. Fichtner for a competency hearing.

Reviewing a March 8 report from the Hawthorn Center adolescent psychiatric hospital, Fichtner found Peterson’s competency had been restored.
[snip]
Judge Fichtner ordered the case to proceed to a preliminary examination.
[snip]
The date of Peterson’s prelim is pending. In the meantime, he is to remain in custody.

SAGINAW, MI — Angry with his younger stepsister for bullying him, 14-year-old Jameion L. Peterson gave in to his rage. With one hand, he grabbed Na’Mylah J. Turner-Moore’s throat and tightened his grip.
[snip]
That, at least, is what Peterson told detectives hours after Na’Mylah’s body was found among the brush.

One problem, though, is the pathologist who conducted an autopsy on Na’Mylah’s body could not determine how the girl died, being unable to prove or disprove strangulation as the cause. Additionally, Na’Mylah’s death certificate, updated in February, lists her cause of death as indeterminate.

This testimony was given during Peterson’s preliminary examination, held Thursday, June 22, before Saginaw County Judge Elian E.H. Fichtner.
Saginaw teen told police he choked his 10-year-old stepsister to death, but autopsy remains vague

much more at link

Rest in peace, Na'mylah.
My utmost condolences to her parents and family.

We only have the killer's word for Na'mylah's 'bullying' towards him.
I am thinking she may have done nothing of the sort.
But again she was 10 years old !!
TEN.
I wonder if there was a different motive ?
Was this teen a rage monster who lacked self-control ?
Were there red flags about his treatment towards others ?
Omo.

Last edited:
I can't find a single update. Did trial ever happen? If anyone can find anything please update this thread TIA!
I searched Saginaw County court records (I checked district, civil, and criminal courts) using his name as the search term, and the search returned nothing at all from the last 2 years! Could this mean they gave him a plea deal?

well this is annoying AF. What happened in this case? If he had been found NG or entered a plea the case would still be listed on the docket with the result of not guilty or what the plea was. I hate it when cases fall off the radar for press who were so hot to cover the story when discussing all the salacious details of the murder etc. It's as if they think we the public don't care what happened at trial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back