MI - GUILTY - Six Dead, 2 Injured in Kalamazoo Shooting Rampage, 20 Feb 2016 *Arrest*

What on earth set this man off, that he would just start randomly shooting innocent people? Horrific.

I still think he was targeting what he believed were families. A mother with her children shot at the complex. From what I am reading, the group of four and 14-year-old girl at Cracker Barrel, were there together even though they got into two separate cars. And the father and son at the car lot.

I keep going back to the 6 hours and all the people he had to have passed by in order to actually choose these particular people to shoot.

It definitely reminds me more of the DC Sniper case than let's say... Elliot Rodger. Not as any kind of motive, but just the way he chose to carry out his crime.

R.I.P. to all the victims and their families. I am praying really hard for those injured, especially for the 14-year-old child who is still fighting for her life.

I just don't understand what could motivate someone to do something like this...

court appearance at 1:30 methinks

Uber driving defensively after Kalamazoo shooting

Brandon Bailey and Olga Rodriguez, Associated Press 8:26 a.m. EST February 22, 2016

San Francisco — As authorities look for the reasons why a Michigan man allegedly embarked on a mass shooting spree over the weekend, the ride-hailing service Uber is addressing his record as a driver with the company.

Critics say the episode could bring more attention to concerns about the fast-growing service, which has been dogged by controversy on the road to becoming one of the most valuable privately funded companies in the world...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2016/02/22/kalamazoo-shootings-uber/80725320/

Kalamazoo shooting subject charged with 6 counts of murder

CNN-story update:
Authorities charged accused Kalamazoo, Michigan, shooter Jason Brian Dalton, 45, on Monday with six counts of murder, two counts of assault with intent to commit murder and eight firearms charges. He is accused of killing six people in a shooting rampage Saturday.
cnn.com

Uber driving defensively after Kalamazoo shooting

Brandon Bailey and Olga Rodriguez, Associated Press 8:26 a.m. EST February 22, 2016

San Francisco — As authorities look for the reasons why a Michigan man allegedly embarked on a mass shooting spree over the weekend, the ride-hailing service Uber is addressing his record as a driver with the company.

Critics say the episode could bring more attention to concerns about the fast-growing service, which has been dogged by controversy on the road to becoming one of the most valuable privately funded companies in the world...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2016/02/22/kalamazoo-shootings-uber/80725320/

I never used Uber before this, certainly wouldn't now. They seem to be a company making big profits off the work of others with no interest in spending the money necessary to ensure public safety. Typical modern business "upstart".

Such a heartbreaking story. The killer did seem to be targeting families. The Dada and son at the car dealer was especially sad. He was a high school senior, probably picking out his graduation gift. I remember doing that with my son. Just horrible for all concerned. RIP doesn't seem enough.

Suspect in Kalamazoo shooting rampage faces 6 murder counts

Jason Dalton accused of opening fire on 8 people, killing 6

By Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff

Updated: 1:29 PM, February 22, 2016

KALAMAZOO, Mich. - A prosecutor has charged a man with six counts of murder and two counts of attempted murder in a series of random shootings in western Michigan.

Jason Dalton, a 45-year-old Uber driver and former insurance adjuster who police said had no criminal record, was arrested in connection with the shootings after a massive manhunt and was expected to be arraigned Monday. Authorities did not provide a motive for what they said was his targeting of victims with no apparent connection to him or to each other in the Saturday night shootings.

He faces six counts of murder and two counts of attempted murder in a series of random shootings...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-kalamazoo-shooting-rampage-expected-in-court

We'll blame everyone else except the person responsible. This isn't Uber's fault. An employed taxi driver could've done the same thing.

Jeez...nothing to do with UBER. I think he is just a nut. With no priors, I guess he just went ballistic, and had his toy to accomplish his mission. Rumor has it that he was Mirandized, and then admitted that he had "taken some lives". The back story will be interesting. JMO (Heard that on CNN after the arraignment).

Glad to see that SOME news is being reported other than the freaking primaries! JMO

Jeez...nothing to do with UBER. I think he is just a nut. With no priors, I guess he just went ballistic, and had his toy to accomplish his mission. Rumor has it that he was Mirandized, and then admitted that he had "taken some lives". The back story will be interesting. JMO (Heard that on CNN after the arraignment).
Well, it's not Uber's fault. It kinda does have something to do with Uber. He was picking up fares between killings. The links are interviews with folks who rode with him that night.
http://wwmt.com/news/local/uber-customers-share-experiences-in-shooting-suspects-vehicle-on-night-of-rampage

http://fox17online.com/2016/02/21/k...r-safety-lands-couple-in-accused-killers-car/

Yeah, let's blame Uber. The guns had nothing to do with it.

Jesus.

Or the fact that some people simply want to kill other people.

Jason Dalton's family has stated that they will fully cooperate with authorities according to NG's report tonight. He has no previous record and is described as mild mannered? What happened? I'm sure his family is in shock...
Thoughts and prayers to the victims loved ones. And prayers and love sent to Abigail.

Abigail Kopf is on a ventilator and still in critical condition. Praying so much for her right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back