MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has an excuse for everything...yeah deflect away from all of this stuff and go to the part in the note about gas can, lube and defense asks this...

Heather Walker
@_HeatherWalker
·
5m
Defense asks if the list found could be used for a snowmobile trip. #JessicaHeeringa #JeffreyWillis

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
7m
#JeffreyWillis - Det. Zachary Sparks now on the stand. He found this piece paper in a trash can at Willis' grandfather's home. It's a handwritten note listing items that were located in the locked tool box in Willis' van.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
4m
#JeffreyWillis - The note includes: small camera, big camera, gas can, matches, lube, video from house if any, crow bar. Next section labeled "Kit" includes: vibrator bag, (2) handcuffs and keys, restraint bar, hood, (2) ball gags, restraint board?, tool box...

DB Cooper ? Talk about grasping at straws .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
26m
#JeffreyWillis - Court is ending early. The judge said there are some jurors that are not feeling well. He expects to have closing arguments my tomorrow afternoon.

The big question...will Willis testify?

He has an excuse for everything...yeah deflect away from all of this stuff and go to the part in the note about gas can, lube and defense asks this...

Heather Walker
@_HeatherWalker
·
5m
Defense asks if the list found could be used for a snowmobile trip. #JessicaHeeringa #JeffreyWillis

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
7m
#JeffreyWillis - Det. Zachary Sparks now on the stand. He found this piece paper in a trash can at Willis' grandfather's home. It's a handwritten note listing items that were located in the locked tool box in Willis' van.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
4m
#JeffreyWillis - The note includes: small camera, big camera, gas can, matches, lube, video from house if any, crow bar. Next section labeled "Kit" includes: vibrator bag, (2) handcuffs and keys, restraint bar, hood, (2) ball gags, restraint board?, tool box...

Because everyone knows snowmobile trips require packing handcuffs, ball gags, somebody else's panties, etc etc.

IMO Today's testimony and the investigation into Jessica's disappearance is damning to Willis. As it is frustrating. It is easy to judge with 20/20 hindsight but if only the local police had followed up more aggressively on the leads they had, Willis could have been caught 3 years earlier. The pictures of the van, the tip, JW's false alibi, the receipts, his absence from work. It wouldn't have helped Jessica, but it could have saved Rebekah. Of course they were looking for registered Walther 22 owners and didn't know where to focus cell phone investigations. I don't know if the battery laser-sight cover information was made public? Maybe co-worker MS would have become suspicious of her missing gun and JW's generally creepy behavior and come forward sooner.

I am sure local LE wishes they had conducted their investigation differently and this case will have changed how they operate forever. Of course there is one person who is responsible for the abduction and murder of Jessica Heeringa and that is Jeffrey Willis.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
26m
#JeffreyWillis - Court is ending early. The judge said there are some jurors that are not feeling well. He expects to have closing arguments my tomorrow afternoon.

Interesting. If he thinks closings are tomorrow afternoon, my bet is he won't testify. No way in hell they would be done with cross and direct and whatnot in one morning. No Sir.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
26m

I am going to say yes, Willis is going to testify. Likely this will be against his attorney's advice. He is clearly taking a very active role in this trial, passing notes to his attorney with these 'explanations' for every piece of incriminating evidence. During Rebekah's trial, they saved all his excuses for his testimony so I expect if he testifies it will be a bit different than that trial.

I am going to say yes, Willis is going to testify. Likely this will be against his attorney's advice. He is clearly taking a very active role in this trial, passing notes to his attorney with these 'explanations' for every piece of incriminating evidence. During Rebekah's trial, they saved all his excuses for his testimony so I expect if he testifies it will be a bit different than that trial.

I think you may be right. IIRC, last time he testified at Rebekah's trial, direct and cross took about two hours...so it's doable. If he does, I think it will be excuse after excuse again...he has rehearsed all of this evidence over and over in his little cell.

I also felt better about the evidence presented today linking it to Jessica.

Reminder: court doesn't start until 10:00 tomorrow.

Because everyone knows snowmobile trips require packing handcuffs, ball gags, somebody else's panties, etc etc.

IMO Today's testimony and the investigation into Jessica's disappearance is damning to Willis. As it is frustrating. It is easy to judge with 20/20 hindsight but if only the local police had followed up more aggressively on the leads they had, Willis could have been caught 3 years earlier. The pictures of the van, the tip, JW's false alibi, the receipts, his absence from work. It wouldn't have helped Jessica, but it could have saved Rebekah. Of course they were looking for registered Walther 22 owners and didn't know where to focus cell phone investigations. I don't know if the battery laser-sight cover information was made public? Maybe co-worker MS would have become suspicious of her missing gun and JW's generally creepy behavior and come forward sooner.

I am sure local LE wishes they had conducted their investigation differently and this case will have changed how they operate forever. Of course there is one person who is responsible for the abduction and murder of Jessica Heeringa and that is Jeffrey Willis.

OR if the lousy manager had just called police .. got the LP ect she prob would be alive .

Jessica Heeringa murder trial nearing end

Jeffrey Willis' murder trial will resume Wednesday with more testimony from the lead detective on the Jessica Heeringa case.
After the prosecution rests, the defense will have the opportunity to call witnesses. Johnson said he advised his client not to testify in his own defense. It's the same recommendation he made during Willis' last trial for the June 2014 murder of Rebekah Bletsch, but Willis chose to take the stand anyway.
Judge William Marietti expected testimony to wrap up Wednesday morning and closing arguments to be made in the afternoon, after which the case will go the jury.

http://www.woodtv.com/news/jeffrey-...ica-heeringa-trial-testimony-day-6/1181072698

OR if the lousy manager had just called police .. got the LP ect she prob would be alive .

That's harsh. She'll live with this every day of her life. I believe she thought merchandise was being stolen through the back door. It's unreasonable to think someone was being abducted.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JW calling the shots again over his lawyer's advice...

Heather Walker
@_HeatherWalker
·
1m
Judge is excusing the jury to discuss a legal issue in the trial. It’s a request of questioning from #JeffreyWillis #JessicaHeeringa #WillisonTrial

Heather Walker
@_HeatherWalker
·
21s
The next line of questions are coming from #JeffreyWillis. His attorney does not agree. Willis also wrote a letter to judge. #JessicaHeeringa

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
2m
#JeffreyWillis - Judge sends jury out. Willis is 'insisting" his attorney pursue a particular line of questioning against counsel advice. Watch live: (link: https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...ve-now-lawandcrime-network/law-crime-network/) lawandcrime.com/live-trials/li…

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
7m
#JeffreyWillis - WOW. The defendant has written his own list of questions for this witness. He is insisting his attorney ask the questions. His attorney tells the judge this is against his advice. Judge calls for morning break.

Stream is live now

Dudes, this moron is going to testify on his own defense. I am pretty doble u, tee, ef right now.

That's harsh. She'll live with this every day of her life. I believe she thought merchandise was being stolen through the back door. It's unreasonable to think someone was being abducted.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ok , theft in progress call Police- same result . She saw no Jess in the store and light out that supposed to be on , any reasonable person would have reported the suspicious activity . And never bothered checking on her . She knew something was amiss but chose to do Nothing .

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
1m
#JeffreyWillis - The prosecution rests their case. Jury sent to lunch until 1:30. Expect argument for judgement of acquittal by defense. Watch live: (link: https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...ve-now-lawandcrime-network/law-crime-network/) lawandcrime.com/live-trials/li…

Heather Walker
@_HeatherWalker
·
9m
Defense trying to motion,”not guilty”, claiming that this case should not go to a jury. There is no body and prosecution has not provided evidence. #WillisonTrial #JessicaHeeringa

Heather Walker
@_HeatherWalker
·
7m
The prosecution disagrees and is currently laying out all of the evidence. Also points out the law does not require a body. #WillisonTrial #JessicaHeeringa

Denied.

Doug Reardon
Doug Reardon
@ReardonReports
·
27s
We are back in session. Both attorneys have rested and we will begin closing arguments now @FOX17

State has started closing

Sorry if I missed something (damn work getting in the way :) ). I thought he was trying to testify?

I can see Willis trying to fire his attorney and defend himself in the next case, the attempted abduction of MJN.

He is insufferable and clearly thinks overly highly of himself. With all his passing of papers and demanding the specific questions his attorney ask, he is making a mockery of the court. Two trials and he has only increased his antics. At Rebekah's murder trial he left before victim impact statements, offending and hurting the family of his victim even more. At this trial he has spent over a week making dramatic flourishes and passing notes, insisting on ultimately meaningless questions over his attorney's objection, and who knows what this closing letter will say.

I know the prosecution wants justice for everyone, but after this trial I think they need to reconsider whether it is worth prosecuting any additional cases. This process is feeding JW's ego. Some people need to be left to anonymity, their life in prison, their punishment. That is Willis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa