MI MI - Tammie Jane Briley, 37, Battle Creek, 3 Sep 2000

Missing Mom Mystery: A reason for hope 18 years after West Michigan woman disappears

820d7323-77d7-4db2-8908-c3bf4c7b29ab-large16x9_TammieJaneBriley.jpeg

Tammie Briley disappeared from Battle Creek, Michigan, 18 years ago, but there is new speculation around what might have happened to her.

Part of that speculation involves the identity of a woman in Mexico who some say, bears a striking resemblance to Briley.

“I have not only been following the speculation but I have also hand-selected three people in the city to track her, and keep eyes on her… to make sure she is OK and not harmed,” said Brad Hart, one of Briley’s sons.

Great newest video interview with family and police (in the link)
===
Has Tammie Briley, missing since 2000, been found?

safe_image.php

"If she's not my little sister then at least we can find out who this woman is, maybe she does have family out there that loves her," said Ken Briley, older brother of Tammie Jane Briley, who was last seen in 2000.

Briley is referring to a woman recently spotted in Poza Rica, Mexico, a woman who bears a strong resemblance to his sister Tammie.

"She has the exact same imprints in her teeth as my sister did 18 years ago," he said.

Tammie's son, Brad Hart, was first notified about the woman who appeared to be meandering throughout Poza Rica by Michigan State Police, who were contacted through social media regarding the similarities the woman shared with Briley.

"She had gotten into a fight years ago, and had two hooped [earrings] pulled out of her ear," Hart said of his mother. "And the woman in Mexico had scar marks where earrings had been ripped out of her ear."

Hart tells the I-Team he has been working tirelessly with several contacts in Mexico, as well as the Michigan State Police to keep the woman in Mexico safe and to obtain her DNA.

"I just encouraged them to purchase her a beverage and some snacks and then offer to throw the bottle away," he said, referencing how the DNA sample was eventually shipped to get tested.

Briley's son said the woman is currently staying in a building in Mexico that falls under the jurisdiction of the National System for Integral Family development, a social assistance center.

He also said he was allowed to see her via video conference.

"She had very little interest in finding her family or searching for her family," he said. "She seemed really confused about how she got there. ... She knew she had kids but she didn't know what their names were or how many."

According to Briley's brother, the woman in Mexico claimed to go by the name "Heather."

"Tammie always did like that name," he said.

Michigan State Police investigators say Briley was last seen in September of 2000.

Her boyfriend at the time said she demanded to get out of his car during an argument as he was driving along I-94 near Battle Creek. At the time of her disappearance, he was questioned by State Police, but Briley's body was never found, and leads were few and far between.

As for the similarities between the woman in the photo and Briley, state police Lt. Chuck Christensen said they're not ruling anything out.

"I think there are enough similarities there that we need to follow up on this lead, like we would in any lead that could be promising," he said.

The DNA results could take several months to process, but Briley's family points out that even if the woman in the photos is not Briley, the DNA will be entered in a national database for missing persons in the U.S.

Has Tammie Briley, missing since 2000, been found?

As of Feb 20, it appears, according to the Facebook page, she is still missing.

I found The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) this profile of an unidentified woman outside of Detroit who was similar in height (4'10") and age (25-45), and was found with a clump of similar colored hair. Also, the teeth look like they could be relatively the same.

Remarks:​

The victim wore a white or tan shirt, blue cotton shorts, black sandals, seven earrings in one ear, and one earring in the other one. The victim had distinguishing characteristics due to prior pregnancies and may have been pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

Details of Disappearance​

Briley and her boyfriend were traveling in his truck during the late evening hours of August 31, 2000 near their residence in Mattawan, Michigan. Briley's boyfriend told authorities that they were arguing inside the vehicle and he pulled over to the side of Interstate 94 near Battle Creek. He claimed that Briley exited the truck and left her purse behind in the vehicle. She has never been heard from again.

Briley's family told investigators that it is uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. She never returned to retrieve any of her personal belongings. Authorities consider Briley's disappearance suspicious. There have not been any arrests and her case remains unsolved.

1708892488663.png

Date of Birth: August 30, 1963
Race: White
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 100 - 110 lbs
Hair Color: Brown; Light brown, worn long
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Tammie Hatfield; Tammie Hart
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Pierced ears: seven piercings in one ear and one piercing in the other; scar on right wrist; scar on face (unknown location); prior pregnancies; may have been pregnant at time of disappearance

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members